[GG Blizz] Authenticator Fail...

Feannag

Veteran XV
I'll bullet this shit up.

- I get an iPhone 4 for Christmas.
- That day (12/25/11) I take my old authenticator off my account and put the app authenticator on.
- The next day (12/26/11) the button slowly dies on the phone. I go into the Apple Store for a visit a few days later.
- I uninstall the app from the phone, just in case.
- The day of the visit (01/01/12) they replace it with a brand new one.
- I reinstall the authenticator app, and the restore codes are the same as the previous one.

FF to a few days ago...

- I decide to log into my account for Diablo 3 (I'm not as thrilled about it, but would like to make sure my account is in order)
- Lucky gives me a SoR since he got one from his former guildies. Figured I'd cash that in for the hell of it.

The problem?

- The site and the game refuses to acceptsmy authenticator codes.
- Resync'ing does nothing, the restore codes fail saying it is not correct.
- I have recovered and redone my PW several times.
- Even tried my old authenticator just in case, no go either.
Now?

- Trying to use the phone service now (Saturday fucking night) and says the phone queue is full AND most of the tech support are lacking their tools to fix most problems.
- I have to snap a pic of my driver's license, smudge some stuff in PS for security. And send that pic into Blizzard with a form to remove the present authenticator on my account.

I may not play WoW anymore, but my SC2 is on that account and Diablo 3 should I wish to buy it. I shouldn't have to go through all this shit and I certainly shouldn't be simply HUNG UP ON just because their phone queues are full.

GG Blizz, I hope Activision ends up in the red eventually from this bullshit.

clearly you need to pay an additional 3$/month for the gnomish authenticator repair yeti

I would have, but my Engineering wasn't at 425 yet and I didn't have the schematic yet.

I do find it ironic now they have that 600-employee layoff and the phone systems were full at the time. I guess I was wrong to assume a lot of people WOULDN'T be playing WoW on St. Patrick's Day evening (on a Saturday).

yes feannag... channel that anger into tacklin fuel... and u shall soon join my rebel alliance to fight the good fight against the ginger kike empire overlord!

tackling fuel!!!

waterboy01-large.jpg

I never used the authenticator for this exact reason. I knew my phone would get lost/stolen at some point and didn't want to deal w/ ActiBlizzard's call support.

Good Luck :(

User error.. I had an authenticator on my phone.. phone got taken down by an errant charger plug.. got a new phone, called blizz. "no tech supports are available, try again later".. I see this new recovery option.. I had written down correctly all the information. put it in, voila, good to go again.

Back