I am worth 15$ a minute...

Kray

Veteran XV
lol.

Stopped by a coffee shop, and over-heard the owner of the coffee shop talking to another gentleman about wanting a sign to advertise that they where selling hotdogs on the side of a main arterial. I told him I could do it, and would do it for 75$+ cost of production (materials). He agreed. I drove home, got on illustrator and through this together... in 5 minutes.

39196847.jpg

Took it over to him and showed him a picture of it. He was in love...He asked if I could have it printed today so I told im yes. So I went to Kinko's and had it printed up on hard stock paper for 89.99 (98.36 after tax). Came back 2 hours later and picked up the sign. Took it to him and went home 10 minutes later 75$ richer.

Funny was I was already headed towards the direction kinko's was anyway.

Came out great irl (color wise--nice a bright colors could see it fairly far away)

You didn't count being in the coffee shop, going home, going to kinkos and getting it made, and then going back to the coffee shop.

congrats kray... you obviously knew what you were doing and deserved to be paid for the skill. sounds like a fair price if he has a durable sign and the illustrator file.

congrats, most clients would be a lot more demanding than that and would want changes made regardless of what you show them (just to feel like they really have a hand in it). most of the time in this exact situation you'd end up getting burned and he would say "oh i found someone else to do it lol sorry you already did the work too bad" or "oh hey i decided i wanted to change the wording of x, redo it and bring it back to me and maybe then i'll agree"

and dont forget the time spent discussing with him, driving to and fro from each destination (shop, kinkos, home, back, etc) combined w/ time spent at kinkos, working in illustrator, printing out a sample, all that other miscellaneous little stuff involved....I doubt it could be done with less than 1 or 2 hrs of your time, minimum.

Back