[Dubai][lol]Worlds tallest tower closes

Listen. In order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second.

The building aren't sand color, they are just covered in sand.

burjcleaning_gizmodo.flv.jpg
When I first saw the plans for this building, thought that instantly came to mind was "wow, it's going to get dirty as hell in no time a windy desert... I'd hate to be the schmucks that have to clean it."

When I first saw the plans for this building, thought that instantly came to mind was "wow, it's going to get dirty as hell in no time a windy desert... I'd hate to be the schmucks that have to clean it."

I wonder how long it takes for them to clean the whole thing. It has to be a 12 hour day at least. Then again, I have no idea how long it takes to clean a building.

In a world of dumb, this is the dumbest. Oh, Reggs, please do enlighten us as to the criteria you have used to determine that the US is the best place to live. As I see it your argument seems to be that the ability to take the pure drivel that your head generates, and shout it at everyone who can't run away fast enough, without being shot on sight, is the only criteria worth consdiering. Seriously, nothing else matters to you. You appear to have just superceded NGFM as the most ignorant retarded fuckwit in this forum. The only person who appears to have benefitted from your post is NGFM, who moved one place up the rankings. Nice work fella.

:psyduck:

Not saying that the US is the best, but any country where this happens is automatically barred from the top 50 spots:

British woman arrested in Dubai after reporting rape | World news | guardian.co.uk

:lol:

So Mitch, your super awesome elevator broke trapping people for nearly an hour and Emarr tried to brush it under the carpet.

Top stuff.

Revealed: why the world's tallest tower closed

Elevator entrapments happen with relative frequency in tall buildings -- these things just aren't usually publicly recorded.

It is interesting that they pay for people to clean the windows when purchasing a machine to do it would probably be much cheaper down the line.

Elevator entrapments happen with relative frequency in tall buildings -- these things just aren't usually publicly recorded.

It is interesting that they pay for people to clean the windows when purchasing a machine to do it would probably be much cheaper down the line.

Are you mitch? No. So shut the fuck up.

Not sure about that.
if you use indian slave labor, it's bound to be cheap.

I think people are generally content with where they live, whether it be Shanghai or Nunavut, or they would tend to move. Excepting Detroit, of course.

Hahahahaha. Are you aware of the existence of a couple of small places called India and Africa?

I wonder how long it takes for them to clean the whole thing. It has to be a 12 hour day at least. Then again, I have no idea how long it takes to clean a building.

Indeed you don't. Took a good 3 weeks, but then this was the first full clean after cladding finished, some of those panels had been up more than a year. It will never get anywhere close to that dirty again now that it's operational.

Not sure about that.
if you use indian slave labor, it's bound to be cheap.

Those guys probably get accomodation, food and $400 a month. Paradise it isn't, but compared with the life of hunger and squalor they would have at home it's a quantum leap forward. They can live on a quarter of that and send the rest back home, many of them put extended families of kids and cousins through school that way, whereas if they didn't those kids would get no education, since they'd be out picking tea from the age of 8. Tea that is mostly consumed in the developed world, including America. Don't think for a minute that you don't contribute to this situation any more than I do just by living here.

Those guys probably get accomodation, food and $400 a month. Paradise it isn't, but compared with the life of hunger and squalor they would have at home it's a quantum leap forward. They can live on a quarter of that and send the rest back home, many of them put extended families of kids and cousins through school that way, whereas if they didn't those kids would get no education, since they'd be out picking tea from the age of 8. Tea that is mostly consumed in the developed world, including America. Don't think for a minute that you don't contribute to this situation any more than I do just by living here.

I've heard you say a lot of bullshit about Dubai but this takes the cake. Those people are turned from poor to slaves in Dubai.

Their living conditions aren't humane in the least and they are placed in "debt" the second they step foot off the plane. I cannot believe most of them ever have a chance of contacting let a lone seeing their families again after arriving in Dubai.

I've heard you say a lot of bullshit about Dubai but this takes the cake. Those people are turned from poor to slaves in Dubai.

Their living conditions aren't humane in the least and they are placed in "debt" the second they step foot off the plane. I cannot believe most of them ever have a chance of contacting let a lone seeing their families again after arriving in Dubai.

Well, I have lived in Dubai for 11 years and employed thousands of people from the subcontinent in that time, whereas you have read articles in the media written by journalists who might have been there for a long weekend, but more likely have employed repetitive use of the copy/paste function.

Therefore I must bow to your superior intellect and grasp of the facts. Thanks for helping me out with this.

OK, seriously now. In my current role I have approx 150 reporting to me, working for a reputable business group that emplys 10,000+ in total. Every single last one of them is freely entitled at any time to resign and go home, the company provides a plane ticket and a months salary for every year they have served. It's all in the employment law and their contracts of employment. Of course there are some unscrupulous fuckers who exploit them and fuck the law, those are the ones you read about. Funnily enough most of these errrr........."recruitment agencies" are controlled by Indians.

Back