[Dubai][lol]Worlds tallest tower closes by Rosdower - Page 14 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Dubai][lol]Worlds tallest tower closes
Page 14 of 28
Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
261 - 02-09-2010, 10:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
Point is someone is working their ass off at mcdonalds so you can pretend your education is free.
Well to be honest I'd rather have the education than the stuff we pay for with our taxes like foreign aid, some wars, paying people to grow lots of corn .... and so much government pork.

Sponsored Links
Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
262 - 02-09-2010, 10:13
That's true. Maybe the problem with U.S. taxes is the mileage. I don't see jack **** for my tax dollars.

Tyco
VeteranX
Old
263 - 02-09-2010, 10:15
The state of Florida offers a scholarship that pays 100% of tuition for 4 years for any of its state universities. It also gives an additional $300 a semester for books, which comes out to $600 a year. (Unlike socialized healthcare, however, the scholarship has academic and service requirements that must be met. Although the criteria is relatively easy to meet, it serves as a barrier to weed out free-loaders.)

I was on this scholarship. My U.S. university education was 'cheaper' than yours.

ResolvE
VeteranXX
Old
264 - 02-09-2010, 10:15
anyone have that dubai gif that starts out as two ****ty apartment buildings along a road and how it becomes what dubai is now?

GreasyBoy
VeteranXX
Old
265 - 02-09-2010, 10:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beren View Post
you think an awful lot of yourself if you think i would get defensive and ban you. Never done it to anyone else, why would i start with you.
Perhaps not ban, but there sure have been many a warnings and infractions.

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
266 - 02-09-2010, 10:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyco View Post
The state of Florida offers a scholarship that pays 100% of tuition for 4 years for any of its state universities. It also gives an additional $300 a semester for books, which comes out to $600 a year. (Unlike socialized healthcare, however, the scholarship has academic and service requirements that must be met. Although the criteria is relatively easy to meet, it serves as a barrier to weed out free-loaders.)

I was on this scholarship. My U.S. university education was 'cheaper' than yours.
link

CERVICAL-KREMS
VeteranXV
Old
267 - 02-09-2010, 10:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
Yeah but Americans are Taxed Enough Already.
nice work

apollod
VeteranXX
Old
268 - 02-09-2010, 10:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
link
Bright Futures Scholarships

Tyco
VeteranX
Old
269 - 02-09-2010, 10:28
Yes, apollod's link. It's called the Florida Bright Futures Scholarship program.

Here's the fact sheet within that site:
Florida Student Scholarship and Grant Programs

It only applies to Floridian students, as its funded by our state lottery.

Phrozen
VeteranXX
Old
270 - 02-09-2010, 10:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollod View Post
Bright Futures Scholarships
This rocks. I got 100% tuition for about 5 years of school. I did a year at community college while I was deciding on a new major and actually had a couple hundred left over for books. I think I had something like 170 total credit hours and paid full price for about 9 of them.

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
271 - 02-09-2010, 10:38
Ashley is also in Bright Futures at UF. To get the full scholarship you need to have high SATs and straight A's in high school, and keep a 3.0 in college. She gets 75% funded, just missed the cut on the SATs and didn't want to re-take it. Tuition for undergrad isn't that much, but for grad, it will go way up. Student loans will be needed at this point.

Denver
VeteranXX
Old
272 - 02-09-2010, 11:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyco View Post

I am impressed.
however I must say that I only pay 30e tuition a year, for the paper and other running expenses I cause the university. the rest 65e is healthcare (vaccines, doctors you name it everything for 65e a year).
And while I am studying government gives me money. So my tuition is "cheaper" than your as I am actually getting money while studying.

EDIT: oh and I forgot to mention, our university gives all the books I need for me... free of charge.

Fool, yes I am aware that people are working their assess off so that our students can study for free. But to me that is much more noble cause than working your ass off so that your country can wage 2 wars.

And when I'm working (which I am 90% of the time) I happily pay high taxes so that I have universal healthcare, free tuition, free insurance, government pension, unemployment & re-education for free and lot's of other things.

apollod
VeteranXX
Old
273 - 02-09-2010, 11:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver View Post
I am impressed.
however I must say that I only pay 30e tuition a year, for the paper and other running expenses I cause the university. the rest 65e is healthcare (vaccines, doctors you name it everything for 65e a year).
And while I am studying government gives me money. So my tuition is "cheaper" than your as I am actually getting money while studying.

EDIT: oh and I forgot to mention, our university gives all the books I need for me... free of charge.

Fool, yes I am aware that people are working their assess off so that our students can study for free. But to me that is much more noble cause than working your ass off so that your country can wage 2 wars.

And when I'm working (which I am 90% of the time) I happily pay high taxes so that I have universal healthcare, free tuition, free insurance, government pension, unemployment & re-education for free and lot's of other things.
Yeah?!?! well we get to have guns

Denver
VeteranXX
Old
274 - 02-09-2010, 11:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollod View Post
Yeah?!?! well we get to have guns
Heh, yes you win
and if I disagree, you'll wage war on my country and call us terrorists.

Tyco
VeteranX
Old
275 - 02-09-2010, 11:20
Actually, I hear Finland has a lot of guns. If you google "finland guns," the first non-Wikipedia link claims that Finland has the third highest firearm ownership rate in the world behind only the U.S. and Yemen.

Why are there so many guns in Finland? - By Michelle Tsai - Slate Magazine

RallyKazoo
VeteranXV
Old
276 - 02-09-2010, 11:20
Quote:
Heh, yes you win
Damn straight.

Denver
VeteranXX
Old
277 - 02-09-2010, 11:23
Tyco
you are right, it's because we have **** tons of hunters in the woods shooting bears, reindeers and mooses.

Why the number is so high is we practically have no illegal guns in the country. So every gun out there is legally bought. (well not really, but most are).

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
278 - 02-09-2010, 11:24
Quote:
Heh, yes you win
Well first we call you terrorists THEN we liberate you. But yeah, whatever.

gumb0 juan
VeteranXV
Old
279 - 02-09-2010, 11:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beren View Post
you think an awful lot of yourself if you think i would get defensive and ban you. Never done it to anyone else, why would i start with you.

How about you take a chill pill and realise that Dubai can make its own bloody mistakes if it wants. And that along the way it may be a fun place to be for a holiday or to live. Every thread about Dubai or China or any emerging place always turns to "it sucks" but at least 50% of the U.S posters. With very little motivation for it. Is Dubai doing some crazy ass stuff? Sure. Could it fall in a heap? sure. But it may not. They are pushing the envelope. Lots of the developed countries, and the U.S is pretty much the biggest one that is an example of this, is doing jack all to push any envelope and do anything interesting to fight their decline. Dubai has a pretty crazy approach and it takes balls. Its tops. More power to them, i hope it works out.
If by pushing the envelope you mean wasting billions on sky scrapers that will probably never be fully occupied, and setting up an ecological disaster with man mad islands that look like a globe!

Pushing the envelope alright. More like wasting billions on stupid ****.

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
280 - 02-09-2010, 11:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumb0 juan View Post
If by pushing the envelope you mean wasting billions on sky scrapers that will probably never be fully occupied, and setting up an ecological disaster with man mad islands that look like a globe!
That's a good point actually. Dubai wasted their money on building, while the USA continues to waste billions being the world cop, and world rescue. Other countries don't have this spending.

Also, the city of Dubai is not protected by mountains like Vegas is. So even though people think Vegas is in the desert, it's really in a valley surrounded by mountains.

Page 14 of 28

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Dubai][lol]Worlds tallest tower closes

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
dubai enslaves brown ppl , dubai kills , dubai sucks , dune coons , mitch is a retarded fag , sand niggers , tall fuckn building!#@@!