Mass Effect 2

Spoiler

==

the ammo is still set up retarded. you pick up one type of ammo to refill all your guns, but all your guns use a different type of ammo

cept heavy

Not ammo, heatsinks. Each gun uses different heatsinks. My only issue with the system is the heatsink cap is way too low. Pistols max is like 16, wtf.

Damn,
Spoiler

Spoiler

oh ok so it's not ammo. its just a number that goes down and when it reaches 0 you cant shoot your gun anymore.

thnx for clarifying

oh ok so it's not ammo. its just a number that goes down and when it reaches 0 you cant shoot your gun anymore.

thnx for clarifying

:shrug:

Ammunition is something thats being shot. Technically you aren't shooting the heatsinks they're just absorbing heat. Its a cop out, and honestly its one of the few changes I think they could of done differently.

Honestly i don't mind the resource gathering too much.*

A good way to kill 20 minutes when you don't have time to play the story.

*Once i got the sensor upgrade, or whatever.

regarding who dies at the end:
Spoiler

Basically everything bad about the game is contained in this thread, very little of what makes it awesome is stated. So no the game doesn't suck, every game can be autopsied and found to have flaws.

i think its better than mass effect 1, but it also feels alot smaller and shorter. maybe by like a 1/3

and i felt one thing the game really nailed was environments/varied settings

Last edited:
regarding who dies at the end:
Spoiler

Spoiler

i think its better than mass effect 1, but it also feels alot smaller and shorter. maybe by like a 1/3

and i felt one thing the game really nailed was environments/varied settings

Ya the one thing that ME1 lacked was environments. Finding the same igloo pop up camper on every planet was a bit unoriginal. ME1 was actually a fairly short game. I went back to beat it a second time for the kicks and only did the main story line and it was short. ME2 loses the time spent on random planets and puts an emphasis on team development.

definitely a good game, actually worth paying for

in terms of hours played i think it's actually longer than me1 by a decent amount, just feels shorter since 3/4s of your time is spent on recruiting your team / doing their side quests instead of plot vital quests. i like the side quests and the characters a lot, def better than in me1 but at the same time i wish there was more time focused on the central plot.

in me1 the focus was on saren and the reapers almost the whole time, and he was a much more fleshed-out badguy than harbinger was with encounters with him at the beginning, middle and end of the game. all we really saw of harbringer was the glowy eyed collector in a control room and him commanding his troops to capture shepherd while on the battlefield. he's basically a pawn of the reapers so it's kind of hard to really get emotionally invested in defeating him

martin sheen would have been a more compelling enemy to fight in the end since you get to know him and his motivation much better throughout the game.

Spoiler

Nice theme tag! The new outfits appear to just be a Cerberus variant of their outfit except for Jack. She's got more clothing with her new outfit.

Ya I'm messing with theme shit on my xbox, no idea why my brain decided to type it. So they auto change? That's weak.

Back