Page 4 of 5
JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
61 - 05-12-2021, 19:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by easilyodd View Post
I dunno. Stupid people going slow in the left lane causes me to turn off cruise at the same rate I'd have to lay off the accelerator manually.

In my area, toll roads are the best for extended cruise control use.
around here, most places you go is via highway and when you start going north, like when i go home to Ohio, you get into areas that you don't see cars or even homes for a couple hours at a time

Sponsored Links
Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
62 - 05-13-2021, 00:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
I wish those were legal up here. I fell into a dashcam youtube rabbit hole lol.
If you were a ham operator in the USA they are legal in every state, you just label them as radiation detectors and explain their use as such if it's ever an issue.

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
63 - 05-13-2021, 00:24
dash cam for me at this point is like fastening my seatbelt

I got hit twice last week by idiots and my truck is ****ed up waiting for parts

best 300 bucks I ever spent

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
64 - 05-13-2021, 00:26
I like the dashcams but i want one front and rear. I've seen these things that apparently strap over your rear view mirror that give you a decent video

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
65 - 05-13-2021, 00:27
this is what I have and I'm pretty happy with it

Kenwood DRV-A601WDP 4K Ultra HD dash cam with 3" display, Wi-Fi, and GPS includes rear-view cam at Crutchfield

Last edited by lemon; 05-13-2021 at 00:29..
Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
66 - 05-13-2021, 00:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggerNaught View Post
I like the dashcams but i want one front and rear. I've seen these things that apparently strap over your rear view mirror that give you a decent video
better to just get a 2 channel dash cam there are tons. Second cam for the rear window

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
67 - 05-13-2021, 00:34
Quote:
I've seen these things that strap over your rear view mirror that give you a decent video
A g-string or garter?

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
68 - 05-13-2021, 01:09
Quote:
Don't bother. The rear camera doesn't capture much but you picking your nose and not paying attention to the road.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
69 - 05-13-2021, 04:15
No, i mean rear of the car, not the drivers compartment. LIke an always on backup camera

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
70 - 05-13-2021, 06:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchdubai View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvswW6M7bMo
close but not quite

It was a blonde lady telling her husband that she wanted Dobly on the new stereo

but yeah, pretty sure it was an 80's English movie/TV show

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
71 - 05-13-2021, 09:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmatic View Post
Don't bother. The rear camera doesn't capture much but you picking your nose and not paying attention to the road.
im torn, i have the thinkware u1000 buuuuut...i cant find a spot on my rear window to put the camera that will not irritate me by being visible.

the rear camera is a bit...pointless imo. a front mounted camera would be enough evidence in a rear ending to establish you were the victim. what use case would a rear camera benefit you? someone hits you, and manages to run and your fron camera doesnt get the plate...? if that could even happen?

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
72 - 05-13-2021, 09:28
could happen if the dude was driving a slingshot

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
73 - 05-13-2021, 12:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArakAtak View Post
close but not quite

It was a blonde lady telling her husband that she wanted Dobly on the new stereo

but yeah, pretty sure it was an 80's English movie/TV show
Sounds like Ab Fab.Or Fawlty.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
74 - 05-13-2021, 14:20
Quote:
The rear camera is a bit...pointless imo. a front mounted camera would be enough evidence in a rear ending to establish you were the victim. what use case would a rear camera benefit you? someone hits you, and manages to run and your fron camera doesnt get the plate...? if that could even happen?
Someone rear ends you while you're stopped and shoves you into the car ahead.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
75 - 05-13-2021, 15:48
Quote:
im torn, i have the thinkware u1000 buuuuut...i cant find a spot on my rear window to put the camera that will not irritate me by being visible.

the rear camera is a bit...pointless imo. a front mounted camera would be enough evidence in a rear ending to establish you were the victim. what use case would a rear camera benefit you? someone hits you, and manages to run and your fron camera doesnt get the plate...? if that could even happen?
SHows rear end collisions or what someone is doing behind you leading up to a crash

Lucien1964
VeteranXX
Old
76 - 05-14-2021, 12:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontw View Post
Crutchfield has good prices and support. I would look at Kenwood first but that's personal preference. Subthump makes killer custom sub boxes if you're going to do it right. What's the budget and year, make, model?

Crutchfield is overpriced however use the site to get the info you need (adapters etc.) with the stereo and purchase elsewhere.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
77 - 05-14-2021, 12:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmatic View Post
Someone rear ends you while you're stopped and shoves you into the car ahead.
i guess what im trying to say that for your claim, youre fine.
this example youre at a stop. rear ended, hit the car in front.
your front cam will completely support this and prove your story/claim
what you miss, is the plate of the person behind you. so unless he runs and your front cam doesn’t capture it, youre still good. you get out and get the plate.

someone gently rear ended my last car, front cam was enough to prove it everything.
Quote:
SHows rear end collisions or what someone is doing behind you leading up to a crash
again it sorta doesnt matter (to you) what they were doing. the front cam shows you were sitting there and then boom.

like a rear camera will capture more of the story but in my mind…its not overly required for your own protection.

i feel the best use is parking mode recording. even then i park with my ass towards the wall

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
78 - 05-14-2021, 13:03
No, it doesn't matter to me what they were doing, but it might matter down the road to a cop, a judge or insurance, and not for wrecks. A lot of camera systems, like ones for trucks are 360degree views.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
79 - 05-14-2021, 13:10
Quote:
No, it doesn't matter to me what they were doing, but it might matter down the road to a cop, a judge or insurance, and not for wrecks. A lot of camera systems, like ones for trucks are 360degree views.
And youre right***8230;the person behind you may really benefit from your camera to capture what happened to them. If he is pushed i to you, youre safe but he might not.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
80 - 05-14-2021, 15:07
Quote:
And youre right…the person behind you may really benefit from your camera to capture what happened to them. If he is pushed i to you, youre safe but he might not.
What i mean is i've seen videos before of people who get into what appears like random wrecks if you're just looking at a front view camera only. But if you look at the back view you see that for few miles leading up to the crash this guy is weaving in and out of traffic, running up on the driver, tailgating, honking going ballistic in their car, right before the accident happens. That changes things from an 'accident' to road range. That will make a difference in court or to a cop.

Either way i'd just like to have it.

Page 4 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page TW Car Stereo Gurus

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
kill yourself midxe