Fantasy/Sci-fi Book recommendations revisited by Window - Page 8 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Fantasy/Sci-fi Book recommendations revisited
Page 8 of 96
|Blitzkrieg|
VeteranXX
Old
141 - 02-25-2011, 01:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel View Post
Ok seriously, am I the only one having fits waiting for Rothfuss' new book?
Yup, pretty much. Doesn't help that people like Felicia Day, Wil Wheaton, and Brandon Sanderson all got advanced copies and keep mentioning it

Sponsored Links
Window
VeteranX
Old
142 - 02-25-2011, 03:03
I have to agree, having so many characters capable of mass destruction isn't interesting... I feel like everyone is a mage or god-possessed and can't do anything under their own power.

Starting the first book in the wheel of time series next, it's been sitting around since christmas

edit: in regards to the malazan series

Last edited by Window; 02-25-2011 at 03:12..
RitaLiN
VeteranXX
Old
143 - 02-25-2011, 03:29
I just recently read George R.R. Martins ASOI&F series and am anxiously waiting for a dance with dragons. The HBO series coming in April is also something i'm really looking forward too. I just wish his fat ass would hurry up and finish the next book already.

daerid
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
144 - 02-25-2011, 03:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by RitaLiN View Post
I just recently read George R.R. Martins ASOI&F series and am anxiously waiting for a dance with dragons. The HBO series coming in April is also something i'm really looking forward too. I just wish his fat ass would hurry up and finish the next book already.
Are you ****ing kidding me? I've been waiting for DwD for 5 ****ING YEARS. Martin's gonna be the next Robert Jordan, mark my words. The guys works on it like 1 month out of the year (seriously, read his blog).

15 years. 4 books. This guys is a ****ing snail (yeah I'm a little pissed).

Last edited by daerid; 02-25-2011 at 03:37..
coombz
VeteranXX
Old
145 - 02-25-2011, 03:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel View Post
Ok seriously, am I the only one having fits waiting for Rothfuss' new book?
nah, i'm re-reading Name of the Wind atm in preparation

;] it really is pretty damn good considering how generic the basic premise is

Calamari
VeteranXV
Old
146 - 02-25-2011, 08:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by daerid View Post
Are you ****ing kidding me? I've been waiting for DwD for 5 ****ING YEARS. Martin's gonna be the next Robert Jordan, mark my words. The guys works on it like 1 month out of the year (seriously, read his blog).

15 years. 4 books. This guys is a ****ing snail (yeah I'm a little pissed).
QFT. If he dies, there are going to be so many pissed off readers. Apparently the big problem is that he doesn't know how it's going to end =/

In other news, has anyone read the Chronicles of the Black Company?

I just finished the first book, and while it was fun and interesting, it wasn't necessarily "great." Wondering if I should read the rest or not.

Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
147 - 02-25-2011, 09:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velo View Post
The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins is a fun quick sci-fi read.
for like 15 year olds. My girlfriend read this because all her 5th graders were reading it. are you going to suggest Pretty Little Liars next?

Kelven
VeteranXX
Old
148 - 02-25-2011, 09:49
I read the The Hunger Games and enjoyed it, I will check out Pretty Little Liars

Darklord
VeteranX
Old
149 - 02-25-2011, 09:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by coombz View Post
nah, i'm re-reading Name of the Wind atm in preparation

;] it really is pretty damn good considering how generic the basic premise is
Yup, same here, just started re-reading Name of the Wind last night, only a few days left...

JudgeU
VeteranXV
Old
150 - 02-25-2011, 10:00
Nothing wrong with reading "kids" books every once and awhile. Last year I read The Thief of Always, Clive Barkers children's book, just for kicks.

Excel
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
151 - 02-25-2011, 10:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
QFT. If he dies, there are going to be so many pissed off readers. Apparently the big problem is that he doesn't know how it's going to end =/

I just finished the first book, and while it was fun and interesting, it wasn't necessarily "great." Wondering if I should read the rest or not.
YES. If you havent finished out the Black Company series, do it. Love those books, Croaker is the man.

|Blitzkrieg|
VeteranXX
Old
152 - 02-25-2011, 14:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RitaLiN View Post
Jordan's got nothing on Martin. The man's still releasing books, and he's DEAD! Martin's last 'update' on ASOI&F was January 1, 2008 where he basically said "I'm stuck, I'll tell you more when I'm done", and then toddled off to write sci-fi stuff.

I saw Martin on his signing tour for "Feast for Crows", and he said at the time that "Dance with Dragons" would be out very shortly, since the book is made up almost entirely of chapters he pulled from "Feast for Crows" to bring the pagecount down... how's that working out for ya, Martin?!

Quote:

I've got the first book on my shelf, should be starting it soon. I've heard good things here on TW, so we'll see

ZephyrFox
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
153 - 02-25-2011, 15:22
Quote:

I just finished the first book too and I'm pretty much at the same point. I liked how he didn't spell everything out but at the same time he didn't really explain things enough either. I'm hoping the next two books have a little bit more history in them so you can put things in context better.

Bodom
VeteranXX
Old
154 - 02-25-2011, 15:41
ive read the entire Black Company series and outside the first 5 books it goes to ****

his Chronicles of the Dead Empire was ****ing awesome

CelticMojo
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
155 - 02-25-2011, 15:41
Alan Dean Foster

ZephyrFox
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
156 - 02-26-2011, 00:21
For you Dresden fans, the first 5 chapters of Ghost Story are going to be released over the next few weeks.

On March 1st, Penguin will release chapters 1-3.
On March 8th and 15th, jim-butcher.com will release 4 & 5 respectively.

Excel
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
157 - 02-26-2011, 01:01
Ugh, bored now.

|Blitzkrieg|
VeteranXX
Old
158 - 03-01-2011, 14:28
So what's the deal? Have you finished "Wise Man's Fear" yet, Excel?!

GET ON THAT ****!

Excel
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
159 - 03-01-2011, 14:39
Finishing current book, will be starting it tonight. I'm going to light some candles, put on some Barry White, cook up a couple of steaks... you know. Make it special.

|Blitzkrieg|
VeteranXX
Old
160 - 03-01-2011, 17:36
Barry White has too much singing for it to be good reading music

Can I recommend a nice light jazz? Perhaps some spanish guitar?

Page 8 of 96

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Fantasy/Sci-fi Book recommendations revisited

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
alex dare levert , alex knapik-levert