Reload this Page Why I left/am leaving TW
Page 15 of 39
D
VeteranXX
Old
281 - 07-20-2011, 14:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemomma5000 View Post
To me, TW was always dead-set against this. My TW was a place where people met up and had events. Where people could post vacation pics or home reno pics and if a License plate or Home address was in the pic, there was no fear of their existence being exposed (and in fact any such action was met with swift justice). Then lines blurred a bit with the whole Jeremy Daspin situation (where TW really first ran into the now rampant situation of "how do we beat someone who just does not get being owned?" (the solution was to "take it to the *NEXT* level" ), and further became murky with the whole nonstop bombing of isuk (k0tz)'s name.

Then it gained some speed, and the community became divided in a weird way. People fearful of nexting simply left or became permanent lurkers, and people who enjoyed it became only more vocal, re-enforcing the ideology of it being both hilarious and acceptable. People with nothing to lose generally flock to it (because they are young and have no responsibilities, because they have ****ty lives, because they are depraved or sociopathic, etc), and because they have the most time on their hands, they make it seem like the majority (or in essence it becomes the majority).

This isn't really a TW that I enjoy. It hasn't been for some time, but it's a habit that has been around on and off for.. 11 years or so now? So it's hard to break the ole "check up on TW when bored" or "whore/troll someone to kill some time" etc.
This has been the TW way for a long time. You make it sound like it was only yesterday that people left and nexting was the cause.
Flame4cash was ~9 years ago. Fourstar was ~4-5y ago. Etc.

People left because they grew up. It's been what? 12 to 10 (depending on who you are) years since T1? The few people that did are the exception to the rule.

Sponsored Links
Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
282 - 07-20-2011, 14:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooBySnaCk View Post
then are you sure it was YOURS THEN?

You just admitted to having coronas instead.

That also means you sneaked alcohol into an event (UVA) cleared posted as "no booze" considering there were minors.(LGBR)

Alerting VA authorities, Cheater, and this post.

Good day sir
old_skul yelled at me at uva5 for having beer in the game room

he didn't yell but gave me a hard time

but his buddies were lit

ban for discrimination

Eggi
VeteranXX
Old
283 - 07-20-2011, 14:15
refried drives a yugo and eats ramen 3x a week

NEXTED

Fuzzy
VeteranX
Old
284 - 07-20-2011, 14:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Przn View Post
this is it exactly.
its not that i would be crushed and my world would fall into ruin, fuzzy. but tw is not important enough to have to explain or even have to discuss my posts on tw with anyone who i dont want to discuss it with. that little bit of awkwardness is a significant enough cost to make me hold back on some ****.

i link some friends to tw posts, made by me or not, but if there was a chance that people i did not choose would be shown my posts on tw, i would hesitate in posting. a big drive of this place is the anonymity man. someone may have linked in, may have facebook, and so they can link cat pics or talk about obamacare with their name attached. but tw is different. you can link the same cat pics or talk about obamacare without your name attached. youre kind of taking away one of tw's principle perks.
if you're genuinely frightened of someone you know seeing things you've said here, then you should probably stop posting, i guess. or, just stop saying **** online that could be traced back to you - nexters or not - that could get you into this perceived "trouble."

what you do/say at home is your own business anyway, so why would an employer have anything to say about it? and who cares if there's some awkward moment after someone reads your ****? there's no reason to feel awkward about anything, you're an adult, you're a good person, just laugh it off and continue living your life. who gives a ****?

blackpeople
REEEEEEEEEEEXV
Old
285 - 07-20-2011, 14:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Refried-455 View Post
eggi is asian

val is hispanic

NEXTED
my dad is white tho

Eggi
VeteranXX
Old
286 - 07-20-2011, 14:16
Fuzzy once rummaged through Patrick Ewing's underwear drawer

NEXTED

T-Refried-455
VeteranXX
Old
287 - 07-20-2011, 14:16
but i don't do either of those things wtf

UNNEXTED

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
288 - 07-20-2011, 14:17
refried tried to friend me on facebook

I still haven't accepted his request

like a year later

blackpeople
REEEEEEEEEEEXV
Old
289 - 07-20-2011, 14:18
im pretty sure ref has bacne

'casual' bacne

big ****ing deal

T-Refried-455
VeteranXX
Old
290 - 07-20-2011, 14:18
yeah i know right

fal is still upset that i didn't share his love of kura or something

ScooBySnaCk
Tribalwar Staff
Contributor
Old
291 - 07-20-2011, 14:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falhawk View Post
old_skul yelled at me at uva5 for having beer in the game room

he didn't yell but gave me a hard time

but his buddies were lit

ban for discrimination
this was UVA4.. Ban for trying to change the timeline to justify innocence.

Ok I'm done with that

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
292 - 07-20-2011, 14:19
i gave glare beer at uva4

he was underage

big ****ing deal

Przn
VeteranXX
Old
293 - 07-20-2011, 14:19
Fool: seriously doubtful. anyone IRL who cares enough to find my dirty laundry online could do it easily. im not posting from self preservation. im posting from adderall and the desire to play devils advocate as this entire thread is horribly one sided. look, its a great ****ing topic on tribalwar, and if i dont speak up, there would be no cogent opposition.

Fuzzy: "it works" is not the most convincing argument.

Nigafool: what you said did make sense, when you said '****ty posters make personal threads' it made it sound like 'good posters never make personal info and thus are never in threat'. i dont think your reasoning for nexting is unsound, but that bit wasnt the best from a logical standpoint. its also not fair to poke at that one paragraph as your main point.

again, maybe someone can help me out. i dont understand why the smarter people in this thread are arguing for the nexting?

is it on principle? or are you all with fuzzy, and its for utility?

the utility cause makes no sense to me. if its for utility, why dont you all just pignore the ****er. what happened to "dont feed the trolls"? hell its a private community, just ban if you all hate someone. if some poster has annoyed you to the point where calling him names and making him look bad with words isnt enough, and you link to his web2.0 profiles so he can be searched as a way of getting back at hi - aren't you now the guy at a bar throwing a punch because he cant think of a comeback?

if you are fighting for this as some kind of liberty case, where you push the limits of the pre-existing nexting laws. thats something else. doing the: 'i choose to post a link to his facebook/linked in profile and include links to all his politically incorrect posts for a google bomb' to show how raw/unregulated and free tw truly is - that seems more legit. but still has a nasty consequence doesnt it? and it isnt a great enough motive to keep doing it.

Last edited by Przn; 07-20-2011 at 14:27..
Rakk
Veteran4
Old
294 - 07-20-2011, 14:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
i'm calling your boss and getting you fired, ryan. i figured out your real name, and now your life is over.
He runs TW. His life was over long ago.

T-Refried-455
VeteranXX
Old
295 - 07-20-2011, 14:20
wow you really overanalyzing a total non-issue in the scheme of things

Eggi
VeteranXX
Old
296 - 07-20-2011, 14:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Refried-455 View Post
but i don't do either of those things wtf

UNNEXTED
prove it by posting your real name and place of employment

Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
297 - 07-20-2011, 14:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooBySnaCk View Post
this was UVA4.. Ban for trying to change the timeline to justify innocence.

Ok I'm done with that
didnt scoobysnatch end up with the laptop bag?

blackpeople
REEEEEEEEEEEXV
Old
298 - 07-20-2011, 14:20
not even one comment on my tiny burrito mothr

Pelleas
VeteranXX
Old
299 - 07-20-2011, 14:21
I personally like the more creative ways that people take shots at each other on here. Like the kura/obibun photoshops or turning badmofos "big ****ing deal" into a meme, that **** is funny. Neg repping someone everyday is funny.

But calling someones workplace and posting their facebook is just going straight for the throat and a little harsh. Not much thought goes into that besides "im gonna **** with this guys life".

ScooBySnaCk
Tribalwar Staff
Contributor
Old
300 - 07-20-2011, 14:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falhawk View Post
i gave glare beer at uva4

he was underage

big ****ing deal
I contributed to gon's involuntary urination at 2 UVA's.

Page 15 of 39

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Why I left/am leaving TW

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
ಠ_ಠ , ace-con.com is awesome , ace-con.com ripped me off , ace-con.com trash site , big fucking deal , chris johnson toronto , doin my own thing in wow forum , must be doing something right , o neat kura is posting , the fall of tw , yarr matey i banged katie