Why you can't feel too bad if the American auto industry collapses.. by MadeInJapan - Page 5 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Why you can't feel too bad if the American auto industry collapses..
Page 5 of 5
TF_Grungir
VeteranXV
Old
81 - 11-28-2008, 21:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinders View Post
You know I never thought about it that way, hold on let me get my accountants on the phone and tell them that my labor cost now includes everyone who ever worked for me. Goddamn retirement pyramid schemes are ****ing me in the ass give me $7 billion.
they signed the contracts.

Sponsored Links
Blinders
sassy pancake
Old
82 - 11-28-2008, 21:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF_Grungir View Post
they signed the contracts.
Maybe they were crazy to do so. Doesn't matter.

In the end this anti-union propaganda boils down to anti-worker destruction of what remains of the American manufacturing sector. Bail out banks? All day long. Bail out manufacturerers? Whoa whoa whoa wait let the market sort it out and let those factory worker leeches get good honest non-union jobs in the lucrative service and retail industries.

Blah.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
83 - 11-28-2008, 22:05
Are you ****ing stupid? Of course its a labor cost. They're paying their retired laborers and it costs them money.

**** you're stupid.

Excel
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
84 - 11-28-2008, 22:07
Now hold on, amram. We need to keep an open mind, and consider if those pensions are free or not. Its not like money has to come from somewhere.

MadBoFo
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
85 - 11-28-2008, 22:13
the funniest part about reading these threads is watching the liberals get angry at unions.

pro-tip morons, you're the ones that SUPPORT UNIONS.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
86 - 11-28-2008, 22:15
I vote conservative every time and I hate unions... probably because I've had my own run-ins with them as an employer and can't stand the shady **** that goes on in the back-end. Not to mention that my business would outright drown if my workers were unionized.

TF_Grungir
VeteranXV
Old
87 - 11-28-2008, 22:16
Quote:
Maybe they were crazy to do so. Doesn't matter.

In the end this anti-union propaganda boils down to anti-worker destruction of what remains of the American manufacturing sector. Bail out banks? All day long. Bail out manufacturerers? Whoa whoa whoa wait let the market sort it out and let those factory worker leeches get good honest non-union jobs in the lucrative service and retail industries.

Blah.
No, the anti-union sentiment comes from people finally hearing about their long standing practices. The stupidity of the rules. The insane wages they are paid for unskilled menial jobs. Getting 90% of their pay when they are laid off. Then you hear that ****ing retard gettlefinger or whatever his name is ***** about pay and job security... and how much they are 'giving up'. Its like they are too stupid to realize that they are negotiating themselves right out of a job.
You know something is amiss when the guy with the george jetson job in the factory is making more than the engineer designing the ****ing car.

Blinders
sassy pancake
Old
88 - 11-28-2008, 22:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by amRam View Post
Are you ****ing stupid? Of course its a labor cost. They're paying their retired laborers and it costs them money.
Yeah I'm ****ing stupid. I object when you ****ing retards spout absolutely false **** like "they're costing them $75 and hour" putting the costs for retired workers who aren't working there anymore and have done their time onto the people who are actually working there. As if they're responsible for accounting for this cost, which is entirely seperate from labor, you know, because they're retired and not working. That labor is past, they worked for it, the company said they'd provide for it. Instead of providing for it though, they just stacked it up on the people who are on the assembly line and you drooling ****stains are eating it all up as the worker's fault.

I'm endlessly amazed with the rationalizations I see for this. **** you and the short bus you post from.

quiet storm
VeteranX
Old
89 - 11-28-2008, 22:54
i said the first time i saw the big 3 auto ceo's on c-span that the only thing that would work is if the govt took on all their retiree benefits. the whole "bridge loan" concept is not very practical.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
90 - 11-28-2008, 23:03
Quote:
Yeah I'm ****ing stupid. I object when you ****ing retards spout absolutely false **** like "they're costing them $75 and hour" putting the costs for retired workers who aren't working there anymore and have done their time onto the people who are actually working there. As if they're responsible for accounting for this cost, which is entirely seperate from labor, you know, because they're retired and not working. That labor is past, they worked for it, the company said they'd provide for it. Instead of providing for it though, they just stacked it up on the people who are on the assembly line and you drooling ****stains are eating it all up as the worker's fault.
It's not prison you twit. The fact is that their past labor workforce is still costing them money, and continues to do so with every new retiree. This is the true cost of their workforce, because these people are still being ****ing paid.

arsin
Veteran++
Old
91 - 12-03-2008, 00:19
Which the new start ups don't have to pay - pensions etc.

But you all aren't seeing the big picture. If Tata Motors can build a $2300 car for their market, I bet they can build a $10000 car for the world.

So how do we compete against that? Will the Free Enterprizers and Right Wingers plesae answer that?

Spoiler

Page 5 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Why you can't feel too bad if the American auto industry collapses..

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
madeinjapan = 12yo , shit poster , shit thread