Beta to be turned off soon

What use will 3mbit downstream be if the server is chocked and serves only 10kb/s to you? Long live Bittorrent!

Zio said:
OMG! You guys are ridiculous!

All this talk about the MP demo and which if any new maps that might be included so you get to play a new map. WTF??? Aren't you buying the REAL game in less than two weeks anyway???

I am sure the MP demo will include the same maps the beta did. To do anything other than that would be stupid on Irrational's part.

Just wait until Oct.5th and play all of the maps and stop your whining!
Some people (like myself) care about the quality of the new MP demo because they want other people to purchase the game too -- like all those people who were disappointed by the 05 beta demo and who pledged to play T1 or T2 until the end of time if they had to.

Zio said:

All this talk about the MP demo and which if any new maps that might be included so you get to play a new map. WTF??? Aren't you buying the REAL game in less than two weeks anyway???

I am sure the MP demo will include the same maps the beta did. To do anything other than that would be stupid on Irrational's part.

Europeans and Australians have to wait atleast 10 days longer than people in US. So new maps would be nice.

Zio said:

Don't only think about you Yanks, we Euro's have to wait a bit longer you know.

edit: Ontrose was 1st :)

Also some of us play competatively, and if the maps are different... well... that kinda has an impact on scheduled matches, that is the only reason I personally care.

Zio said:

No... lots of people I know who played the Beta aren't planning on buying the game on Day 1 - myself included.

Killjoy- said:
Also some of us play competatively, and if the maps are different... well... that kinda has an impact on scheduled matches, that is the only reason I personally care.
well sucks for your planned matches, but tbh, beta's aren't there for making ladders and tournaments of, I'd rather see some new maps in thet mp demo. Also, your ladders and tournaments will all stop anyway once the retail is released, so what's the point :p

what's with all this soon crap

the game has already gone gold, why still the secrecy?

can't you just say "we want to do it monday assuming nothing goes wrong...."

you still worried that if you give definate dates and don't/can't follow through, people are going to go crazy or what

ArkhoN said:
well sucks for your planned matches, but tbh, beta's aren't there for making ladders and tournaments of, I'd rather see some new maps in thet mp demo. Also, your ladders and tournaments will all stop anyway once the retail is released, so what's the point :p

1. I doubt the demo ladder will stop immediately at release, not everyone will get the game right away.
2. If there are new maps in the demo, they will sub the maps at the beta, it is not a huge deal.
3. The point is matchs + scrims = fun, pubs = stupid, so I much prefer match play, and this annoucement impacts that transition.

Back