[Lord of the Rings] THE MESSAGE... by SINep - Page 14 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Lord of the Rings] THE MESSAGE...
Page 14 of 31
DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
261 - 08-19-2022, 13:12
And Luke Skywalker threw the one saber to rule them all into the fires of mount doom to destroy the Borg.

Sponsored Links
Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
262 - 09-02-2022, 10:00

Off to a ghetto start apparently
Amazon releases but fans complain only 2nd episode worked at first | Fox News

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
263 - 09-02-2022, 10:09
i have***8230;no idea***8230;what they were thinking with this.

this show is incredibly boring. the dialogue is***8230;worse than sesame street

there are dozens of inconsistencies but the one that got me to shout ***8220;what?***8221; at the tv was this idea that galadriel could just hop on a boat to valinor like it was some sort of retirement gift***8230;***** youre not welcome. ya got banned. you cant go back. why on earth would you change it from something far more interesting and dramatic

Vir
VeteranXV
Old
264 - 09-02-2022, 10:17
woke female dwarves

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
265 - 09-02-2022, 10:17
How many minutes in until they introduce a gay character and then a tranny character?

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
266 - 09-02-2022, 10:47
i didnt notice any queer stuff***8230;other than making elrond***8230;.queer***8230;but galadriel is bullied within the first 2 min and goes on to be the worst character in the show due to awful acting, dialogue and profound character changes

KingSobieski
VeteranXX
Old
267 - 09-02-2022, 11:47
If this is a 3hr movie about walking count me out

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
268 - 09-02-2022, 12:00
They still walk, but now it's right to left instead of left to right to subvert your expectations.

Hellsfury
VeteranXX
Old
269 - 09-02-2022, 12:16
Isn't Valinor like the Elf version of the afterlife? So... the king is like, GG on the job I gave you to do... now kill yourself. Oh... and you guys, who were just following orders, can **** off right along with her as well.

Then... at the last minute as they're all crossing the magic threshold to Valhalla, she jumps off the boat in the middle of an ocean and no where near land for hundreds of miles, in any direction. She's just going to swim back to Lindon? And then what? Oh hey guys... I know you banished me from Middle-Earth, but I decided to stick around.

This show is going to be amazing...

Last edited by Hellsfury; 09-02-2022 at 12:19..
Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
270 - 09-02-2022, 12:46
they basically took a sympathetic character who was banished from the afterlife that would help stop sauron and earn her way home after 8000 years

no lets give her a bloodthirsty revenge story

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
271 - 09-02-2022, 14:53
dont they have negro elves now... i wonder how they explain that one... only one id accept is **** baby with an orc

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
272 - 09-02-2022, 15:48
I have the benefit of not knowing **** about this storyline and history going in. Its ok to me so far. Don't love it nor do I hate it.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
273 - 09-02-2022, 16:00
storyline cliffs
lotr: midgets walking
hobbit: dwarves walking

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
274 - 09-02-2022, 16:07
What were the hobbits calling themselves? Harfoots or something? Is that what they were called in the books?

KingSobieski
VeteranXX
Old
275 - 09-02-2022, 16:14
I think they had to make up Harfoots because Hobbits aren't part of the IP

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
276 - 09-02-2022, 16:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSobieski View Post
I think they had to make up Harfoots because Hobbits aren't part of the IP
Harfoots | The One Wiki to Rule Them All | Fandom

Decided to not be lazy. Learned something new reading this.

Vir
VeteranXV
Old
277 - 09-02-2022, 16:36
The whole thing reminds me of some off broadway production and a bunch theatre students are playing the roles.

...which is the same feeling i had watching House of the Dragon

Last edited by Vir; 09-02-2022 at 16:38..
Hellsfury
VeteranXX
Old
278 - 09-02-2022, 17:37
So far this production comes off as a fairly generic "high fantasy" series you could easily pass off as any other high fantasy series if you weren't specifically told this was based on Tolkien. Only they spent upwards of a billion dollars to make this one.

A lot of the scenes feel very "green screened" and filmed on closed sound stages.

The prominent protagonists are all written to be cutouts of stereotypical clichés.

There is a lack of hygiene among any group not specifically Elven... everyone is covered in grime, dirt, sweat and grease for some reason. The male Elves all have these comical 80's/90's hair styles like they're the leads of a daytime soap opera. Meanwhile combs have yet to be invented by anyone not an Elf.

The dialogue is pretty cringe in places... like someone trying really hard to write really elaborate and deep prose... but lacks the talent to actually pull it off. Characters saying things like "boats are good because they float in the light, rocks are evil because they sink into the dark depths".

The main protagonist is unlikable. It is difficult to empathize or relate to her as she comes off as a dispassionate **** obsessed with avenging the death of her brother and any one not with her is in her way. We're never shown any interactions that would explain the bond between them, other than that one line of banal platitudes about boats.

She is stated to be commander of an army, yet has no concept of authority (beyond her own) or being subordinate to anyone, not even the King. Normally I don't fault actors/actresses for the end result presented on screen. They're hired to do a job and can only work within the bounds of what they're given to work with... which isn't much in this case... but Morfydd Clark has no range and in every exchange with any other character she projects the same thousand-yard stare, suggesting she's stunned someone is, yet again, contesting her decisions or rationale. She's even glaring at the King as he affirms her for carrying out her duty as if "You mother****er, how dare you" is running through her mind. It is like she had to film many of these scenes without an acting partner and has nothing to play off of while delivering her lines because she is playing to a ball on a stick for greenscreen instead of her fellow performer.

Last edited by Hellsfury; 09-02-2022 at 17:41..
Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
279 - 09-02-2022, 18:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
let's get some predictions on RT critic scores vs audience scores...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantik View Post
83/37

pretty damn close.

groove
VeteranXX
Old
280 - 09-02-2022, 20:46
so is everyone in this show gay and all the white ppl are replaced with black trannies like we predicted or what

plz be brief i dont have the patience to read the 10 daily essays of hellsfury its worse than the silmarillion

Page 14 of 31

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Lord of the Rings] THE MESSAGE...

Social Website Bullshit