What is your relationship with Dentists? by Reggs - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page What is your relationship with Dentists?
Page 2 of 4
lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
21 - 08-04-2022, 22:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehvi View Post
I went every six months for the full thirty five years of my life.

Gotta love living in a first world country.
then why are you always so sad?

Sponsored Links
Synth
VeteranXX
Old
22 - 08-04-2022, 23:05
when i see lemon post i think happy person for sure

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
23 - 08-04-2022, 23:32
at least I'm real and not some spineless follow the leader type person like you and the dockers

yaHERD

Reggs
VeteranXX
Old
24 - 08-04-2022, 23:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
I will say the last time I saw a dentist, the hygienist hooked me up to the gas, and I did enjoy that. Feels like you are flying.
It's a teenage drug. Seems really silly but saw Steve-Os video on it and he can't even get whipped cream on coffee because he fears the addiction so much.

Reggs
VeteranXX
Old
25 - 08-04-2022, 23:40
Why do the people who go ever 6 or 9 months do so? Why do you make that choice? What are the consequences of not doing it?

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
26 - 08-04-2022, 23:49
post a pic of your grill dawg

Nmag
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
27 - 08-05-2022, 00:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post
Why do the people who go ever 6 or 9 months do so? Why do you make that choice? What are the consequences of not doing it?
With the private health insurance deal provides for every six months. So I go every six months. I like the cleaning they do. I could go get eyes checked annually too but they don't really do a cleaning or anything just some tests. They should add cleaning.

blackpeople
REEEEEEEEEEEXV
Old
28 - 08-05-2022, 00:43
this thread has cavities and gingivitis

Akela
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
29 - 08-05-2022, 01:37
I go for yearly checkups and cleaning. No problems for the last half century or so, but when me and piotrr went away for a week to celebrate our birthdays in June an old filling cracked one of my molars. This was my very first experience with toothache. Not nice. Not at all! Got a temporary filling, but my jaw hurt a lot for days. Piotrr paid all the expenses as a 70-yo birthday present (and a lot of other stuff too). We laughed a lot about that.

sehvi
VeteranXX
Old
30 - 08-05-2022, 07:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontw View Post
then why are you always so sad?
Because you're not in the cord?

Quote:
Well, i guess some people just have better teeth than others so they feel the need to go less. For me personally i go every six months because i'd like to be early when something is happening to my teeth. Letting things escalate can like i said lead to having to undergo a root canal treatment or even the tooth having to be pulled out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akela View Post
I go for yearly checkups and cleaning. No problems for the last half century or so, but when me and piotrr went away for a week to celebrate our birthdays in June an old filling cracked one of my molars. This was my very first experience with toothache. Not nice. Not at all! Got a temporary filling, but my jaw hurt a lot for days. Piotrr paid all the expenses as a 70-yo birthday present (and a lot of other stuff too). We laughed a lot about that.
Had my wisdom teeth removed in 2020. The procedure itself went flawless. No pain at all. Then the anesthesia stopped working. Had pain for ten weeks straight. First two weeks were total hell. No fun.

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
31 - 08-05-2022, 08:07
Before I was 8 I had at least four of my molars filled (all baby teeth).

I got to a new dentist and he was like WTF, there's nothing wrong with your teeth. Ended up with the odd filling over the years, pretty much normal.

I heard later that the sides of my Dad's molars actually snapped off in many places b/c this dude had drilled out and replaced the fillings so many times, again, no reason, just milking the government system.

Never trusted them since.

One of the best I ever found was in Thailand and he replaced the caps on my from teeth when I smashed them off in a bar one night (watermelon seed, not drunk or fighting). Perfect job, has lasted 15 yrs so far, no wear at all. Cost me just over $20 bucks all up for half of both front teeth to be replaced.

sehvi
VeteranXX
Old
32 - 08-05-2022, 08:11
I've always had great dentists, but I'm sure there are more than enough of them out there who are constantly looking for ways to make extra money.

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
33 - 08-05-2022, 08:11
Quote:
I have really good dental hygiene and teeth, but pre Covid I would go every 6 months b/c my health fund covered 100%. It also covered more if you did ever need work and you had the checks up to date,

It was good, this hot hygienist would give them a really good ultrasonic clean or polish. Quick check or xray by the real dentist and all done. Later, your mouth feel good and makes sure nothing nasty is happening that you may be unaware of.

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
34 - 08-05-2022, 08:12
Quote:
It's a teenage drug. Seems really silly but saw Steve-Os video on it and he can't even get whipped cream on coffee because he fears the addiction so much.
I had a good go on in while my wife was in labour. I don't mind most drugs, but I can't say I thought much of it, not my thing at all.

T-Dawg
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
35 - 08-05-2022, 23:45
I haven't had a cavity since I was 20. Need a super whitening on my next visit next month

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
36 - 08-06-2022, 00:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehvi View Post
Then the anesthesia stopped working. Had pain for ten weeks straight.
anesthesia is temporary you just had a ****ty dentist

I got ibuprofen and rtd.

Reggs
VeteranXX
Old
37 - 08-06-2022, 00:13
I think the cleanings are just there to create a sense of dependence. Your teeth are durable and will last long after your bones turn to dust, yet you get them checked every 6 months. If health is your concern it would make the most sense to have your heart checked every 6 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Dawg View Post
I haven't had a cavity since I was 20. Need a super whitening on my next visit next month
The old fashioned trays of gel you take home are the best things dentists can offer. The zoom/laser stuff is not cost effective for what it does. The $14 strips at any drug store do the same thing, just more slowly with less pain.

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
38 - 08-06-2022, 01:50
what's my relationship with dentists?

well, most the time they deep clean my teeth, and sometimes they shave teeth away and apply 3d printed crowns.

Nmag
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
39 - 08-06-2022, 04:19
I ignored a mild toothache for a couple months years ago. Then on a return flight for work it started to ache. I asked the attendant what ya reckon? She says can't hand out mild painkillers and to buckle up big boy cause it's likely to hurt more as we descend for landing... and it did.

Once I got it sorted I realised I'd been ignoring mild pain for a long time. It was good to get it fixed. Like that kids story with the lion who had a tooth ache or a thorn in his toe or a bug up is ass or something cept I'm not hairy like a lion more like a ninja.

T-Dawg
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
40 - 08-06-2022, 10:31
I understand not trusting a medical professional who gives you a hard sell on expensive **** you don't need. They shouldn't behave like a used car salesman or car mechanic. When I had my colonoscopy the proctologist wanted me to have regular weekly visits for some bull**** that didn't even make sense , and he wouldn't take no for an answer. I told him to go **** himself. They should not be taking marketing classes in Medical School, but they do nowadays. You gotta live with that.

Are you saying you haven't been to a dentist in over twenty years? And bleeding gums doesn't bother you? Jesus H. ****ing Christ just how ****ing stupid are you?

Page 2 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page What is your relationship with Dentists?

Social Website Bullshit