Tribes : Ascend

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Unreal Engine. The misconception that people get is that the engine that a game uses dictates the outcome of the product. It's nothing like that at all, it's merely a starting point that developers customize according to their needs.

If there's a shitty buggy product at the end, the accountability ultimately lands on the developers. Irrational games flaked out with T:V because they made terrible design choices, and didn't focus on the MP aspects. It stood up well as a SP game and that's what they're good at. If you had a company like DICE doing Tribes as an MP focused game, I'm sure the outcome would have been much different.

This!

The models look cool. Even if this sucks there's no way I'm not gonna want to enjoy looking over the assets. I'm still foolish enough to hope for a new playable Tribes game someday.

Also, it isn't clear to me that this displaces Tribes Universe. I'm thinking it ties in somehow, or has this already been discussed here? Some guy on the Hirez forum discussion thread for brought this up, but I can't bear reading much of that forum. If I want to see people conjecture uselessly about Tribes in production I'll do it here, where our differences are at least slightly more informed by actual experience with the franchise.

50012829.png

37540200.png

ta2.png

i do like that they are bringing the diamond sword sword back

now where are the bioderms

ARRRRRR U R WEAK

i wouldnt mind seeing a sword in tribes. use it kinda like the knife in MW2 and shank people that get close. also DS looks way better than BE and that just aint right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back