[DUBAI LOL] Mall closed because aquarium leaks

why the fuck would anyone in their right mind want to raise their kids in the middle east? Especially if you had a daughter.

That would entirely depend on how ignorant they are about how the world really works. Especially if you had a daughter.

The police ordered everyone with photos/film of the leak to delete them. Yea, Dubai is totally a chill place to live in.

Dubai; shining beacon of freedom, diversity, cultural awareness and open mindedness. :rofl:

Mitch, why don't you comment on the rape victim getting arrested instead of the rapist? Don't want to comment on such a heinous thing that would make Dubai look bad?

Sure. If what was reported was accurate it was fucked up beyond belief. That's a big if. I'm not saying it didn't happen, i'm saying that the press throws a lot of bullshit out there. Dubai doesn't have exclusive rights to press bullshit.

Let's just say it happened EXACTLY as reported. Would it concern me? Fuck yes. Would I judge an entire country on it and determine whether I should bring my kids up here? Fuck no. No more than I would look at Columbine and say "Fuck sending my kids to school in the US". Because that would just be fucking ignorant.

Sure. If what was reported was accurate it was fucked up beyond belief. That's a big if. I'm not saying it didn't happen, i'm saying that the press throws a lot of bullshit out there. Dubai doesn't have exclusive rights to press bullshit.

Let's just say it happened EXACTLY as reported. Would it concern me? Fuck yes. Would I judge an entire country on it and determine whether I should bring my kids up here? Fuck no. No more than I would look at Columbine and say "Fuck sending my kids to school in the US". Because that would just be fucking ignorant.

That's a pretty shitty comparison. Just admit it, you live in a shithole with backwards laws and sooner or later you're going to find out the hard way that you've been wrong this entire time.

Its completely different. One is the accusation that a government (the police) is condemning a victim (which actually IS representative of a country on the whole), while Columbine was citizens acting AGAINST the government.

Your example would work closer to the Dubai story if you said, "I'm scared of sending my kids to school in the US because if they are victims to a school shooting like Columbine, the US government will arrest them for being involved".

Arresting someone for getting raped would intuitively be like arresting one of the victims that lived in Columbine for getting shot.

fighting24.gif

That's a pretty shitty comparison

Feel free to elaborate. Is your point that Columbine was a one-off? I 100% guarantee you that for every Dubai story you can find that's even remotely similar to the waiter rape story, I can find at least one that is similar to Columbine.

Its completely different. One is the accusation that a government (the police) is condemning a victim (which actually IS representative of a country on the whole), while Columbine was citizens acting AGAINST the government.

Your example would work closer to the Dubai story if you said, "I'm scared of sending my kids to school in the US because if they are victims to a school shooting like Columbine, the US government will arrest them for being involved".

Arresting someone for getting raped would intuitively be like arresting one of the victims that lived in Columbine for getting shot.

Jesus H. Fuckwit. Did I ever say it was EXACTLY the same? Or was I just using a random example to illustrate that you can not judge an entire country on the basis of a single extreme event? Go on, have a guess.

A stiff wind could collapse that entire place

If aliens ever visit us I imagine them flying past all the major earth cities and nodding in approval of how far we've come, and then as they pass Dubai they slap on the brakes and do a double take with an awesome "what the fuck is this shit" expression on their faces :king:

Comparing Columbine to the article I linked to is retarded.

The inaction of the police is a way to judge the entire country. Especially if it happens in the city that's being marketed for tourists. Sure, rape happens all over the world but if it's in a city marketed to get foreigners to flock there only to have the police arrest the victim and her husband for drinking alcohol (that is served) and having illegal sex.. that's a fucking joke. So she had illegal sex with her fiance but the rapist didn't have illegal sex with her?

Back