[(#)SOCCER] 2009-2010 Season Thread

He's proven to be hateful towards everything except 1 Bundesliga.

It's not the best league in the world but it IS the most exciting.

MLS is really hard to watch after viewing so much quality European soccer. It's not a horrible league. It's on par with the Mexican or lower South American leagues, but again it's just brutal to try and follow. Try watching the NBA for years and then get motivated to follow the Greek Basketball league. Kind of difficult.

LOL @ CNN...

Portugal attacker Christian Ronaldo has been unveiled as Real Madrid's new number 9, in front of 80,000 passionate fans at the Santiago Bearable stadium, after his world record $130 million move from Manchester United.

...voted the best footballer of the year by the sport's world governing body FIFO.

:worried:

I'm shocked that an American will be playing for such a high quality team, but more shocked that he has a Belgian passport. :huh:

yeah he's been playing in beligum long enough. they are known for their lax nationality policies.

i guess he'll be a bench warmer there?

who knows. so weird.

I'm shocked that an American will be playing for such a high quality team, but more shocked that he has a Belgian passport. :huh:

he's been playing for Standard for enough years that he got a Belgian passport (iirc you only need to be playing there 3 years for a belgian passport)

I'm a little worried for Gooch because I suspect he'll bear the brunt of all the rolling on the ground and falling

I think he'll get plenty of opportunities to play since most of Milan's defenders are in their 30s. Maldini played 30 matches last year and just retired, Favalli played 21 (age 37), Kaladze played 11 (age 31), Senderos played 7 but is now back with Arsenal

In fact the duo of the next 3-5 years for Milan could be Gooch and Silva if they can play together

Last edited:
wtf? Belgium just gives away passports like that? What the hell for? Makes no sense to me.

Oh well, I guess I'll try to watch some of those games, just to see if he makes it this season.

i despise ac milan but i'd really like to see gooch do well there

he's the first american to play in serie a in 10 years or something

from what I recall they had the rights to put up 4 matches a week of Serie A, typically matches involving the top clubs

wtf? Belgium just gives away passports like that? What the hell for? Makes no sense to me.

Most countries give it for 5 years of residence, Belgium is just a year or two quicker on the draw plus they have no EU restrictions for players they bring in.

Back