Guess Which Country Supplies the Most Oil to the U.S. by orbital 123 - Page 4 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Guess Which Country Supplies the Most Oil to the U.S.
Page 4 of 5
Walking_Man
VeteranX
Old
61 - 07-28-2008, 12:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by proton View Post
why are people seriously discussing the us invading canada? canada needs the us, the us needs canada. either would be crippled without the other.

/thread
Because Canadians consider the invasion of their sacred land a very serious offense even in jest.

Sponsored Links
TonyElTigre
VeteranXX
Old
62 - 07-28-2008, 12:38
If we are gonna believe orbitals doomsday talks we better invade someone for resources soon.

If my days of gaming have taught me anything, you can't just sit on one resource node all game, no matter how tough you make your army,

Xion
VeteranX
Old
63 - 07-28-2008, 12:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by issues View Post

But what's the history lesson for? Tell me why any country, present-day, would invade Canada. I can tell you why they wouldn't...
The history lesson was solicited by you.

Any country, present day (sans US influence) would invade Canada because it is ripe with natural resources and does not have any military force to speak of, certainly not one large enough to defend a country of its size. The only thing preventing that is the knowledge that the occupier would also have to contend with the US military.

ZProtoss
10,000++
Old
64 - 07-28-2008, 12:52
Newsflash - Countries unprotected by military force get invaded and taken over by other countries, especially if there's a strong economic incentive.

Diplomacy isn't about "doing what's right for the world", or anything of the sort. It's simply countries trying to hit the best point of risk versus reward in how they deal with one another.

Due to various different factors, there's substantially high risk compared to the potential reward in attacking another first world country right now. Superpower militaries are a very key part of why that's the case.

It's nice to be brainwashed and believe that pure diplomacy with no military force behind it works. Unfortunately, countries are more than willing to declare war and take your **** unless you have the deterrent of a strong military defense. It's just how the world works.

Canada right now is under the protection of the United States. If the United States were to vanish tomorrow, Canada would have no choice but to begin the construction of a respectable military. Simple as that.

Achilles
VeteranXV
Old
65 - 07-28-2008, 12:57
We should free the **** out of Canada, they have WMD's.

ZProtoss
10,000++
Old
66 - 07-28-2008, 13:01
Oh, and to answer the question of who would invade Canada?

What superpower do you think was the main deterrent to the Soviet Union expanding radically? If the United States had no military power, you can be sure that Canada would have faced an invasion from the Soviets.

Even in the present day, if the United States didn't exist, Russia would have a pretty large incentive to revitalize it's military more than it's doing right now and apply significant pressure to a country like Canada.

DVADER
VeteranXX
Old
67 - 07-28-2008, 13:03
Anyone who has played risk knows that you need to go through either Russia or the USA to get to Canada.

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
68 - 07-28-2008, 13:12
I am in support of invading Canada, or at the very worst pinpoint strikes against Canada's communications infrastructure.

Orby must be silenced!

Stilgar
VeteranXX
Old
69 - 07-28-2008, 13:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVADER View Post
Anyone who has played risk knows that you need to go through either Russia or the USA to get to Canada.

OriGiNaL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
70 - 07-28-2008, 13:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by {NOC} Xion View Post
heh, closet homos AND hypocrites. way to fit the stereotype you ****** canuk.
Quoting 101: You quote the person you're talking about, not someone else.

I can't speak for orbitroll. I have nothing to do with orbitroll. I have never said "maybe we will own you". I'm not as stupid as someone like you who makes claims like "maybe we should just attack you", knowing you can't do jack ****.

You can boast about impracticable military scenarios all you want. I'm happy to live in a country with a thriving economy, knowing I have a lot less to worry about as a citizen of Canada then you do as a citizen of the United States.

Good luck though.

PantsMcFist
Veteran++
Old
71 - 07-28-2008, 13:23
Talk of invasion by anyone other than the USA is a waste of time. No country has the ability to invade Canada other than the USA. Also, we don't need a massive military to protect us from invasion. There's only two spots which you can invade the West coast, and one can be rendered useless by destroying/mining one highway. Vancouver is the only real access point on the West Coast. On the East coast you would likewise have to come up the St.Lawrence. Landing anywhere in Labrador or North Quebec would be an utter waste of time and resources. There's no way to invade overland in the north, and the Canadian Airforce is still patrolling and intercepting Russian aircraft up there, so it's not like there's a situation involving zero readiness. These factors taken into account means Canada needs only a cursory military to deal with an invasion - the navy is concentrated into defending a couple narrow straits (bottlenecks). If the enemy invades through the interior, it would be an easy matter to bottleneck the one or two highways they could use. If they invade through port cities, urban fighting ensues. An air attack would be the only feasible way, and without the US, there aren't a lot of countries willing to invade that could cope with a modern, Western airforce.

Mostly a stupid conversation to have once you think about the realities of it.

TonyElTigre
VeteranXX
Old
72 - 07-28-2008, 13:25
So you are saying that the USA protects Canada?

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
73 - 07-28-2008, 13:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriGiNaL View Post
Quoting 101: You quote the person you're talking about, not someone else.

I can't speak for orbitroll. I have nothing to do with orbitroll. I have never said "maybe we will own you". I'm not as stupid as someone like you who makes claims like "maybe we should just attack you", knowing you can't do jack ****.

You can boast about impracticable military scenarios all you want. I'm happy to live in a country with a thriving economy, knowing I have a lot less to worry about as a citizen of Canada then you do as a citizen of the United States.

Good luck though.

If I could slap you upside the head right now I would, you were trolled.

Americans always pull the invade card cause you guys get so pissy about it. Its all in good fun. Sheesh, you should know better Original.

Baloo
Veteran++
Old
74 - 07-28-2008, 14:15
America would fail in its attempt to take over Canada for one reason: WINTER

Canadians would be safe and warm in their igloos, while Americans would freeze to death. Also, the celsius-fahrenheit conversion would so entirely confuse them, they would spin around mumbling "divide by 9, times 5, plus 32" over and over like retarded autistic Rainman wannabes.

Myxomatosis
Veteran4
Old
75 - 07-28-2008, 14:16
I wonder how much we were importing from Iraq before we went over there.

Yetskii
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
76 - 07-28-2008, 14:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyElTigre View Post
So you are saying that the USA protects Canada?
By Default yes

tiu_sam
Veteran++
Old
77 - 07-28-2008, 14:21
dear orbytroll, shut the **** up.

Nevearion
VeteranX
Old
78 - 07-28-2008, 14:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZProtoss View Post
Newsflash - Countries unprotected by military force get invaded and taken over by other countries, especially if there's a strong economic incentive.

Diplomacy isn't about "doing what's right for the world", or anything of the sort. It's simply countries trying to hit the best point of risk versus reward in how they deal with one another.

Due to various different factors, there's substantially high risk compared to the potential reward in attacking another first world country right now. Superpower militaries are a very key part of why that's the case.

It's nice to be brainwashed and believe that pure diplomacy with no military force behind it works. Unfortunately, countries are more than willing to declare war and take your **** unless you have the deterrent of a strong military defense. It's just how the world works.

Canada right now is under the protection of the United States. If the United States were to vanish tomorrow, Canada would have no choice but to begin the construction of a respectable military. Simple as that.
I think you've played too many computer games.

Viracocha
VeteranXX
Old
79 - 07-28-2008, 14:24
Nice post Original

I too am enjoying our thriving economy. Shopping trips to the US are now like visiting cuba or mexico was 2 years ago.

Nevearion
VeteranX
Old
80 - 07-28-2008, 14:36
Canada and Russia have the biggest oil reserves. But they're very expensive to drill. Middle East oil is much cheaper to extract. The only reason Canada and Russia have been booming off of their oil is because of the very high oil prices. Peak oil theory is crap, but what is true is that even if prices are inflated now due to oil speculators, the price isn't ever going to be as low as it was when we grew up.

Page 4 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Guess Which Country Supplies the Most Oil to the U.S.

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
canada sucks , deceptive title , orbital 123 , tinfoil hats ftw , where has akuma been