Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Warhammer Online
Reload this Page Patch 1.1a today
Page 2 of 2
boston
VeteranXV
Old
21 - 12-12-2008, 09:12
whats funny is i used to CTD and dennis didnt, now the new patch comes out and its switched, the game runs smoother than ever for me.

Sponsored Links
JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
22 - 12-12-2008, 10:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston View Post
whats funny is i used to CTD and dennis didnt, now the new patch comes out and its switched, the game runs smoother than ever for me.
It does me too, but there was a scenario last night during peak user time I guess that made the server slow down it seems.

Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
23 - 12-12-2008, 12:39
Not having any issues with CTD, but the "fix" to the cast lag is a joke.

Instead of actually fixing it, they ADDED the "lag" to the cast bar and lengthened the animation. So now what's supposed to be a 1 second cast is 1.8 seconds and a 2.5 second cast is as high as 4 seconds.

It's devious as **** and I can't believe they didn't think anyone would notice.

It's funny though. I come back after a month or so expecting some of the gamebreaking bugs to be fixed and find even more bugs introduced. Mobs hanging in death animations for 10 seconds, player ghosting even more rampant, and what you think would be a priority for them: Fortress crashes, still not fixed.

I'm leveling up a baby Engineer because my BW was only fun when I had a group backing me (but you all abandoned me ). Name's Tinkerbelle (level 17 or so) if any of you want to level up with me.

Last edited by Oxyminoan; 12-12-2008 at 12:51..
boston
VeteranXV
Old
24 - 12-12-2008, 12:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
It does me too, but there was a scenario last night during peak user time I guess that made the server slow down it seems.
Nordenwatch. It was the only time I "crashed" but really I just died and never respawned. After I restarted my client it wasnt an option for queues. Which made T1 region chat hilarious, since no one could comprehend playing a different scenario. I really think some people thought the world was ending.

Gundam
VeteranX
Old
25 - 12-12-2008, 17:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxyminoan View Post
I'm leveling up a baby Engineer because my BW was only fun when I had a group backing me (but you all abandoned me ). Name's Tinkerbelle (level 17 or so) if any of you want to level up with me.
My computer is probably going to get shipped Monday, so I should be back on around Christmas and will probably need someone to heal.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
26 - 12-12-2008, 17:18
So, anyone else lock up on scenarios now? lol

I'll join one, it'll sit there for 5 mins, then declare either a tie or some army won with like 10 points. Then it'll show the scoreboard and never teleport me back and I have to stop the process.

Daemon
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
27 - 12-12-2008, 18:29
Havent been doing scenarios. Probably will only do them when there's no RVR from now on.

AeiOwnYou
VeteranX
Old
28 - 12-13-2008, 13:04
I've maybe had 3 CTD's in the history of me playing this game =\

Flowen
VeteranXV
Old
29 - 12-13-2008, 13:35
game runs crazy smooth now, the responsiveness is awesome. also I was able to heal during a keep siege and not go into a slideshow.

Slobax
VeteranX
Old
30 - 12-13-2008, 14:54
The game is overall still choppier than it should be - but it does run better than launch code did, most noticeably in large scale rvr.

I can tell this cause I was using a geforce gtx280 1gb at launch, I'm using a 9800gt now, and it runs better NOW than it did at launch with my gtx280.

Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
31 - 12-13-2008, 17:38
The rewards seems to be doing their job. Tons of RvR going on in T2, though it's a bit zergy.

I'm hoping they'll add in more incentive to defend, though. It seems like ring around the BO with a side of keep swapping as it is now.

Daemon
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
32 - 12-14-2008, 12:21
There is. You get inf/renown ticks for defending something that's under attack. And if you manage to wipe someone on the lord, the reward is pretty substantial. Me and this one other guy wiped people on the Mandred's lord and got 3k inf.

Problem is, with the zergs running around, there's not much of a possibility of defense. =P

Santa
VeteranXV
Old
33 - 12-16-2008, 21:37
Downloaded the patch today. Alot smoother and the cloaks look great. Did one Tor Anroc. Was decent. Wasn't used to seeing kotbs. Their spells look great.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
34 - 12-16-2008, 22:05
Ran around with a WB tonight. Somehow was top contributor a couple of times even though I didn't do much, lol

I guess randomly healing people and constantly casting judgement on doors gives you a lot of contribution points.

Page 2 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Archived Forums > Warhammer Online
Reload this Page Patch 1.1a today

Social Website Bullshit