[Official] Stanley Cup Playoffs and Predictions by Android1 - Page 40 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] Stanley Cup Playoffs and Predictions
Page 40 of 233
Fonzie
VeteranXV
Old
781 - 04-21-2009, 12:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
good thing theres no shoutouts in the playoffs

edit: damn, beaten by the fonz
Muhaha.

Sponsored Links
HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
782 - 04-21-2009, 12:20
sorry, i'm an idiot - after my first cup of coffee this is clear I originally said "a OT" and then decided to write it out which somehow came out to be "shootout" because "a OT" didn't look right lol :\

POINT IS, the sharks aren't done playing w/ my emotions i have a feeling

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
783 - 04-21-2009, 12:26
if the sharks lose again tonight i'm gonna laugh pretty hard

cripes these guys need to pull their pants up this time of year

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
784 - 04-21-2009, 12:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
if the sharks lose again tonight i'm gonna laugh pretty hard

cripes these guys need to pull their pants up this time of year

jonas hillar has been outstanding.

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
785 - 04-21-2009, 12:33
true, but the sharks were one of the most dominant teams in the league all year long...to drop 2 straight at home is pretty bad, regardless of whos in net

turdburgler
Veteran++
Old
786 - 04-21-2009, 12:38
yeah look at the sharks home record

this is pretty sad

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
787 - 04-21-2009, 12:41
nabokov is playing below his typical level, but being 0-11 or whatever it is on the PP has killed their chances. and it's not like this is the first time a team has tried to force the sharks to dump the puck in when the sharks are on the PP this season. this is the only time this season i've seen it work this well against the sharks. kudos to the ducks in this respect

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
788 - 04-21-2009, 12:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenKeller View Post
nabokov is playing below his typical level, but being 0-11 or whatever it is on the PP has killed their chances. and it's not like this is the first time a team has tried to force the sharks to dump the puck in when the sharks are on the PP this season. this is the only time this season i've seen it work this well against the sharks. kudos to the ducks in this respect
yah, ducks PK has been good...and its had to be. they take so many damn penalties.

scotty niedermeyer has looked really good too.

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
789 - 04-21-2009, 12:52
i hate to say it and i think someone said it earlier in one of these threads but if the ducks take this many penalties against detroit they're down 0-2.

**** it pains me to say that

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
790 - 04-21-2009, 12:56
Penguins interim coach Dan Bylsma offered this perspective on the subject: "Toughness is if you can go out and play your game and not be deterred from it ... I didn't start this series trying to be the tougher team. I started out to win four games and play our game. ... Toughness is not something that allows you to win the game. You play your game. If you can do it, if you can execute, then you're a tough team, and that's what we're focused on."

also,

NBC's broadcast of Game 3 earned a 1.7 national rating and 4 share. It's the second-highest rated NHL game on the network this season behind only the 2009 Winter Classic between Chicago and Detroit

heres to another great game tonight

LETS GO PENS

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
791 - 04-21-2009, 12:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenKeller View Post
i hate to say it and i think someone said it earlier in one of these threads but if the ducks take this many penalties against detroit they're down 0-2.

**** it pains me to say that
That is what got them in trouble in the 2007 playoffs against Detroit. 5-on-5 they were the better team, but they kept finding ways to take penalties. Detroit's special teams really took advantage of that. It was almost ironic that it was a penalty by Detroit that allowed Anaheim to tie it up in Game 5 and eventually win the series in 6.

Dallas did the same thing in last season's playoffs to Anaheim.

Some of the calls are, well, stupid. I haven't liked the consistency at all. San Jose is doing a good job using Anaheim's reputation against them though. They are instigating after the whistles as often as they can and pushing for the retaliation call. It's worked a couple of times.

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
792 - 04-21-2009, 13:05
the only slim hope i have for the sharks in this series is that there have been times particularly in the second half where it actually took a game on the road to get the team cranking again for whatever reason which lead to them being bulletproof for a few games in a row

i'm sure ducks fans can relate, considering anaheim's road record this season

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
793 - 04-21-2009, 13:10
would also be nice to see marleau show up sometime soon, considering thornton is getting smothered anytime he's near the puck

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
794 - 04-21-2009, 13:13
I'm trying not to say much about the series. There's still a lot that can happen.

2bad4u
VeteranXX
Old
795 - 04-21-2009, 14:44
MSG(the arena) televises horribly. The cameras are far from the ice and at a sharp angle, so you cant see play along the near boards. And it's dark. There was a camera angle used by NBC during the pens/flyers game that was behind the net except really high up, maybe in the 400s. I really like it, you can see the plays unfolding so much better. More arenas need that.

Will be watching pens/flyers tonight since i hate both teams and enjoy watching them goon each other. Can't wait for the next Chi/Cal game, that was some rough **** at the end of last nights game.

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
796 - 04-21-2009, 17:10
i hate the behind the net cam

it seems like every time they use it there is a goal right after

Yetskii
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
797 - 04-21-2009, 18:55
Why do the Wings have to play the same night as the Flyers Lotsa channel flippin

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
798 - 04-21-2009, 18:56
Its a good thing Ottawa and Montreal were awesome this year..

Android1
VeteranXV
Old
799 - 04-21-2009, 19:03
game time WHASSUP

see you ****ers after the game

LETS GO PENS

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
800 - 04-21-2009, 19:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bad4u View Post
MSG(the arena) televises horribly. The cameras are far from the ice and at a sharp angle, so you cant see play along the near boards. And it's dark. There was a camera angle used by NBC during the pens/flyers game that was behind the net except really high up, maybe in the 400s. I really like it, you can see the plays unfolding so much better. More arenas need that.

Will be watching pens/flyers tonight since i hate both teams and enjoy watching them goon each other. Can't wait for the next Chi/Cal game, that was some rough **** at the end of last nights game.
I noticed that while watching game 3. It was just so ****ing dark there. Even the pre-game darkness in other arenas is brighter off the ice than during the game in MSG. At least they're not showing the ****ing ads on the boards this year. I remember seeing Hummer ads last year on the broadcast and it kept pissing me off.

Page 40 of 233

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] Stanley Cup Playoffs and Predictions

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo has a huge penis , big as this thread?