Roman technology

It's funny cuz the Romans kicked ass at a lot of things, (war, engineering, shipping, sex toys), but they really did suck at technology overall.

The biggest reason is because of slavery. With so much abundant energy being supplied by slaves, the Romans didn't have to think up new ways to do things and invent tools, processes, etc.

The biggest reason is because of slavery. With so much abundant energy being supplied by slaves, the Romans didn't have to think up new ways to do things and invent tools, processes, etc.
Same thing happened in the US. Slave labor was so abundant that there was absolutely no reason to invent the cotton gin in 1792.

It's funny cuz the Romans kicked ass at a lot of things, (war, engineering, shipping, sex toys), but they really did suck at technology overall.

Are you joking? If not you are a fucking retard.

Are you joking? If not you are a fucking retard.

Retard?

The Romans didn't utilize much wind or water power, and didn't even utilize much animal power either.

The backbone of the Roman Empire was built on slave labor, to such a degree that it became detrimental to the economy itself - with slave labor so abundant, lower class citizens couldn't find work.

The Roman system actually stifled the discovery of technologies rather than encouraged it.

Yeah but the stuff they did have they spread across the known world. This would then educate more people, and create more roads to spread the inventions that these educated people would then create.

That, and I'm pretty sure I remember they stole a lot of the Greeks' inventions.

Yea but the thing is... the Romans weren't the ones who created most of their shit.

The overwhelming majority of their "technology" they got from Greece, the Arabs, etc.

There are very few Roman technological inventions, for the "retarded" reasons I already said. But they weren't stupid.... they knew a good invention when they saw one, and they used everyone else's.

i forgot the aqueducts flowed with the blood of slaves and not water from an outside source to bring running water to a city.

pfft.. the romans came to britain and built stone roads and walls.

They left and soona fter the brits went back to hovels

Back