Sponsored Links
amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
42 - 02-08-2010, 14:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchdubai View Post
You can all **** right off, ignorant pricks. I was up on the 124th floor on Saturday. Here's what it feels like to look down on a 65 storey hotel and the worlds biggest shopping mall.

So they have a few minor teething troubles caused by the massive number of visitors and they will be back online in a few days.

Cliffs:

You can all **** off
And die
Ignorant ****s
Having been involved in the construction of a number of highrise buildings (and having received offers for work in Dubai), I can guarantee you that the number of visitors has nothing to do with the closure of the tower. There are obviously some glaring issues that need to be resolved before people are allowed back up there.

rogi
VeteranX
Old
43 - 02-08-2010, 14:35
wow, someone's an angry nerd. couldn't do well in UK, so you went to Dubai to pretend you're somebody?

Apeman
VeteranX
Old
44 - 02-08-2010, 14:36
Quote:
Fixed
HEY!

I live in Bumble****, Missouri, you camel ****ing piece of ****!

I bet that steak tastes real good covered in sand!

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
45 - 02-08-2010, 14:38
Such as? As I have already said I was up there on Saturday and everything was fine, visitors have been up there daily for a month now. I would estimate about 60 people went up in the half hour time slot I was on. Assuming they run 12 hours a day thats 1440visitors a day, just approx. What "glaring issues" would force them to suddenly shut down? My best guess, and it's just a guess, is the lifts. There are only two, they are the fastest elevaotors in the world, to 124th floor in approx one minute. They must be pushing the envelope on this technology, maybe they need some maintenance. The elevator ride was unbelievable, smothness I just didn't expect . Wasn't even sure we were moving until my ears popped.

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
46 - 02-08-2010, 14:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apeman View Post
HEY!

I live in Bumble****, Missouri, you camel ****ing piece of ****!

I bet that steak tastes real good covered in sand!

I went for the mushroom sauce. I find the sand a little.......well, sandy.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
47 - 02-08-2010, 14:42
Quote:
Such as? As I have already said I was up there on Saturday and everything was fine, visitors have been up there daily for a month now. I would estimate about 60 people went up in the half hour time slot I was on. Assuming they run 12 hours a day thats 1440visitors a day, just approx. What "glaring issues" would force them to suddenly shut down? My best guess, and it's just a guess, is the lifts. There are only two, they are the fastest elevaotors in the world, to 124th floor in approx one minute. They must be pushing the envelope on this technology, maybe they need some maintenance. The elevator ride was unbelievable, smothness I just didn't expect . Wasn't even sure we were moving until my ears popped.
I have no idea what would cause a shutdown. Safety/electrical issues with the lifts, issues with lighting, water, or air supply, you name it. Im just basing it on the article, assuming its truthful???

If they did indeed shut it down, it wouldn't be caused by the volume of visitors. It's not like the elevators are getting extra 'wear and tear' or the air conditioning can't keep up with 60 mouth-breathers per hour. If they shut it down, it's because there is something wrong, and its not caused by the visitors.

60 people per half hour time slot is absolutely nothing. Occupancy is limited by the number of people they can physically haul up there in the lifts, and the actual occupancy limit of the viewing platform. The actual infrastructure should be able to keep up with that demand and much much more.

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
48 - 02-08-2010, 14:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogi View Post
wow, someone's an angry nerd. couldn't do well in UK, so you went to Dubai to pretend you're somebody?
Nah, not really. I did Ok in the UK, do a fair bit better in Dubai, depending how you measure it, but for the sake of argument let's just call it quality of life. Would never go back. I'm a fairly ordinary guy, don't pretend i'm somebody, because i'm really not. But thanks for your input.

Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
49 - 02-08-2010, 14:44
Dubai is nothing more than a short term stopping point. none of my friends or family in dubai have ever suggested that its more than a period of their life before they leave and live somewhere else that they would enjoy moreso.... Also most of them hate indians/pakis

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
50 - 02-08-2010, 14:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by amRam View Post
I have no idea what would cause a shutdown. Safety/electrical issues with the lifts, issues with lighting, water, or air supply, you name it. Im just ???

If they did indeed shut it down, it wouldn't be caused by the volume of visitors. It's not like the elevators are getting extra 'wear and tear' or the air conditioning can't keep up with 60 mouth-breathers per hour. If they shut it down, it's because there is something wrong, and its not caused by the visitors.

60 people per half hour time slot is absolutely nothing. Occupancy is limited by the number of people they can physically haul up there in the lifts, and the actual occupancy limit of the viewing platform. The actual infrastructure should be able to keep up with that demand and much much more.
All fairly sound reasoning, apart from this bit - "basing it on the article, assuming its truthful". I can assure you that these journos are guessing just like you and I, there will have been no comment at all from those that really know, they managed to keep the height of the Burj a secret for several years. I guess we'll know soon though, based on how quickly they are up and running again.

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
51 - 02-08-2010, 14:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibbi9 View Post
Dubai is nothing more than a short term stopping point. none of my friends or family in dubai have ever suggested that its more than a period of their life before they leave and live somewhere else that they would enjoy moreso.... Also most of them hate indians/pakis
Fair enough, racism as a lifestyle choice doesn't work well here, I can see why your average narrow-minded, bigotted member of the expat community might find it a bit of a struggle.

Tyco
VeteranX
Old
52 - 02-08-2010, 14:49
so mitchdubai, how are the chicks there?

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
53 - 02-08-2010, 14:51
Well there's obviously something up, unless the author of the article completely fabricated this part:

Quote:
In a brief statement responding to questions, building owner Emaar Properties blamed the closure on "unexpected high traffic," but then suggested that electrical problems were also at fault.

"Technical issues with the power supply are being worked on by the main and subcontractors and the public will be informed upon completion," the company said, adding that it is "committed to the highest quality standards at Burj Khalifa."
I wouldn't put much stake in all of it though, there are always problems with every building around opening, because construction is always rushed and unfortunately politics and money generally win over proper due process when it comes to opening dates.

Whatever it is, Im sure it'll be sorted out.

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
54 - 02-08-2010, 14:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyco View Post
so mitchdubai, how are the chicks there?
Errrr..............great generally, just like in any other city in the world. A little more cultural diversity perhaps. Need the question to be a bit more specific really?

Skibbi9
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
55 - 02-08-2010, 14:52
Quote:
Fair enough, racism as a lifestyle choice doesn't work well here, I can see why your average narrow-minded, bigotted member of the expat community might find it a bit of a struggle.
1) Everyone there is an ex-pat
2) You're rather bigotted to think that my friends would only be american/english. The biggest complainers are my arabic friends.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
56 - 02-08-2010, 14:52
The better question is how much of the tower is actually gonna be populated by individuals and businesses. If they don't fill it up, it's gonna be a financial disaster.

rwallace
VeteranX
Old
57 - 02-08-2010, 14:52
mitchdubai is a ****ing tool

CloroX
VeteranX
Old
58 - 02-08-2010, 14:53
are they hot

Hansel
VeteranXV
Old
59 - 02-08-2010, 14:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloroX View Post
I love seeing Dubai fail.
How the **** can Dubai fail? It's like saying that all that infrastructure is going to disappear in a sandstorm. Recession? Big deal, they will be spending money to even bigger projects in few years.

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
60 - 02-08-2010, 14:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibbi9 View Post
1) Everyone there is an ex-pat
2) You're rather bigotted to think that my friends would only be american/english. The biggest complainers are my arabic friends.
What the ****ing ****?

1) Yes, except the Emiratis. Duh.
2) where exactly in my post did I make this reference?
3) Which Arabic friends are you referring to? GGC nationals? Egyptians? Morrocans?

Page 3 of 28

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Dubai][lol]Worlds tallest tower closes

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
dubai enslaves brown ppl , dubai kills , dubai sucks , dune coons , mitch is a retarded fag , sand niggers , tall fuckn building!#@@!