Page 28 of 28
tmc
VeteranX
Old
541 - 12-08-2008, 16:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate View Post
Too ****ing funny.

A week ago he was fit to be the next prime minister leading the coalition. This week he's forced out by the Liberal executive. What a great party.
He was only gonna be PM until a new leader was found, in May
They just decided to make things faster...

And whatever you think about the coalition being fit to lead, at least they succeeded in their objective of making Harper back off some of his propositions, and force him to respect the opposition come budget time.

Sponsored Links
amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
542 - 12-08-2008, 16:46
I just hope he presents a balanced budget that everyone can agree on... anything is better than a coalition with the separatist douchebags.

RevelatioN
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
543 - 12-08-2008, 17:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmc View Post
And whatever you think about the coalition being fit to lead, at least they succeeded in their objective of making Harper back off some of his propositions, and force him to respect the opposition come budget time.
Did you ever consider that the cons might have pushed highly controversial issues to force another election so they could pick up the extra 8 seats they need?

Piata
VeteranXX
Old
544 - 12-08-2008, 19:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
parties should not be funded that way

and it's not harper's fault that these parties would be hurting if they lost their handouts.

here's a new thought: try earning money instead of waiting with your hands out. this concept might be tough for some of you to understand.
Yes, they should. Parties get a cash payout based on their platform and their party's performance. It's not a perfect system, but it completely removes lobbying which has pretty much undermined and destroyed America's political structure.

$26 million (less than $1 per person) is a pretty damn small price to pay to have Canadian votes matter more than big businesses with deep pockets.

Most Canadians are just going to see the $26 million price tag and think it makes perfect sense to pinch that and make the parties take some of the brunt in tough times without actually realising why it's very significant and important that parties have that funding.

turdburgler
Veteran++
Old
545 - 12-08-2008, 19:16

It doesn't completely removal lobbying. My cousin works for a company that lobbies to Parliament.

Fate
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
546 - 12-08-2008, 19:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piata View Post
... It's not a perfect system, but it completely removes lobbying ....
Haha! You had me until here, then I had to stop reading. You know nothing.

Last edited by Fate; 12-08-2008 at 19:20..
Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
547 - 12-08-2008, 19:28
Quote:
Yes, they should. Parties get a cash payout based on their platform and their party's performance. It's not a perfect system, but it completely removes lobbying which has pretty much undermined and destroyed America's political structure.
i just dont agree, sorry

Quote:
$26 million (less than $1 per person) is a pretty damn small price to pay to have Canadian votes matter more than big businesses with deep pockets.
businesses matter... they like, employ people. furthermore why cant other parties raise money?

Quote:
Most Canadians are just going to see the $26 million price tag and think it makes perfect sense to pinch that and make the parties take some of the brunt in tough times without actually realising why it's very significant and important that parties have that funding.
yeah, it's important because they are too lazy and worthless to earn money through donations and need handouts.

good old canada.

why work for something when you can just get taxpayers money to cover it!

clocks
Veteran++
Old
548 - 12-08-2008, 19:53
You want them getting all their money from lobbyists and turn out like the greedy mother ****ers down south (no offense)?

w.b
VeteranXV
Old
549 - 12-08-2008, 20:13
The cash parties get are a good thing. In not only allows parties function without too much 'big business' influence, it also allows for new parties to form and get off the ground. In any case it was a political play 100% and had nothing to do with saving money. I'm happy to see the coalition. The other parties finally started play the game Harper's way as oppose to doing **** all like they did for the last two years.

And the parties do work for their money by getting people to vote for them as well as donating on the side.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
550 - 12-08-2008, 20:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by clocks View Post
You want them getting all their money from lobbyists and turn out like the greedy mother ****ers down south (no offense)?
sure why not?

Fate
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
551 - 12-08-2008, 22:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by w.b View Post
The cash parties get are a good thing. In not only allows parties function without too much 'big business' influence, ...
Political donations from corporations are not allowed in Canada. No party gets them.

Apparently one party feels they can survive without a free hand out, the others...not so much. I guess that party has more support than the others. Maybe they should be the leaders if more people are willing to support them than the others.

tmc
VeteranX
Old
552 - 12-08-2008, 22:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate View Post
Political donations from corporations are not allowed in Canada. No party gets them.

Apparently one party feels they can survive without a free hand out, the others...not so much. I guess that party has more support than the others. Maybe they should be the leaders if more people are willing to support them than the others.
How about we vote with, you know, votes instead of with money. This way, not only the rich have representation.

Gibs
VeteranX
Old
553 - 12-08-2008, 23:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
sure why not?
loooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooool etc

turdburgler
Veteran++
Old
554 - 12-08-2008, 23:27
you people realize that there is still mass lobbying that goes on in canada correct?

i like the argument that the 1.9 they get per voter removes all corporate agendas

Piata
VeteranXX
Old
555 - 12-09-2008, 00:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by turdburgler View Post
you people realize that there is still mass lobbying that goes on in canada correct?

i like the argument that the 1.9 they get per voter removes all corporate agendas
Oh, I'm sure there's lobbying, but it usually comes to light and turns into a giant fiasco. Especially when it comes to awarding government contracts.

Fate
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
556 - 12-09-2008, 11:20
Bob Rae has dropped out of the leadership race, paving the way for Michael Ignatieff to lead until the leadership convention in May. The liberal's leadership candidates are a complete joke, they're so bad. Their options are so limiting It's kind of like they're picking the leader that will give them the slowest death.

Page 28 of 28

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Canada] Our government is retarded

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
canada , canada sucks , igloos