[HTML] Sending a newsletter via email

I have a few problems when I receive the email..

My span does not work. (IE: news.html#heat). In fact, instead of being able to click the links to move you to a portion of the page -> no link appears.

Any way to fix this? Or do spans not work in emails

so <a href="news.html#heat">Heat Stroke</a>

and where i want the link to go <span id="heat">Heat Stroke: Blah</span>

is wrong? I'm confused

holy crap man. that's an anchor.
you know
<A href="thispage.html#subpart">Go to subpart of page</a>
<a name="subpart">THIS IS THE SUBPART!</a>

so <a href="news.html#heat">Heat Stroke</a>

and where i want the link to go <span id="heat">Heat Stroke: Blah</span>

is wrong? I'm confused

Yes.

If you spent less time terrorizing US of A Americans you would know this

<span id="heat">
^ The heat part is typically used for CSS stuff

You can use id in some elements for anchors, but I think it has to be a block-element, such as the header tags:

<h1 id="Moving">
Works with <a href="#moving">Moving</a>

lol @ everyone acting html tough when they don't know what they are talking about.

Perfect guys, thank you so much.

Now - only one question - when I send the newsletter, it comes through perfect on all emails but Gmail.

In gmail - the left td stops after the space it needs to hold the material, rather than reaching all the way down to match the length of the right td (if that makes sense)

Is this just a problem with gmail or a problem with my html that only gmail picks up?

Last edited:
Perfect guys, thank you so much.

Now - only one question - when I send the newsletter, it comes through perfect on all emails but Gmail.

In gmail - the left td stops after the space it needs to hold the material, rather than reaching all the way down to match the length of the right td (if that makes sense)

Is this just a problem with gmail or a problem with my html that only gmail picks up?

It could be a collision with their style sheet. Try renaming the element giving you problems.

Back