So pessi.... Fist/Sword hybrid?

SuperSniperX

Contributor
how's your guildmate liking the Fist/Sword hybrid build? Whats the general consensus after the haste/wf nerf on it? Just curious if he has run any numbers or tested it out on PTR.

I was a retard and snagged Season2 Shanker/Shiv the week S2 started, and have been regretting not getting the swords ever since. I started back up an 5v5 and have the points to snag another S2 combo... and have been debating picking up the swords, or possibly looking into the Fist/Sword hybrid. I know the wf/haste nerf is going to hit swords the hardest, and might actually make Daggers slightly better. I figured i'd get your thoughts, as well as thoughts from your guild mate before I made my decision.

As far as my specs... i'm sitting around 1650ap, 310 hit (going to regem to get back under the cap) and about 28% crit.

Neither of us tested anything on the PTR, but on live there really wasn't much difference between Swords and Fist/Sword. I think it basically comes down to whichever one you can get a better MH from. The SSpec nerf would probably give the hybrid build a slight bump though, since the 5% crit isn't affected.

Decease doesn't really like SS builds though, he took Fang last night and respecced back to 15/41/5. With the haste nerf and the SSpec/WF nerf, daggers should come close to catching up again, so he just went ahead and switched back.

Neither of us tested anything on the PTR, but on live there really wasn't much difference between Swords and Fist/Sword. I think it basically comes down to whichever one you can get a better MH from. The SSpec nerf would probably give the hybrid build a slight bump though, since the 5% crit isn't affected.

Decease doesn't really like SS builds though, he took Fang last night and respecced back to 15/41/5. With the haste nerf and the SSpec/WF nerf, daggers should come close to catching up again, so he just went ahead and switched back.

The hybrid builds are almost on par with the pure sword builds now (Moreso Fist/Sword than Dragonstrike/Sword), but I think I'll just stick with swords. With an Infamy/S2 offhand (Only 1 savagery drop) switching to an S2 Fist MH is just a flat downgrade even with the crit.

However, I am considering picking up a Shard/Tracker's Blade or Messenger and going 15/41/5....but I hate daggers so much :(

Back