[Official] I did NOT enjoy WALL-E by Shadow(of)Death - Page 4 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] I did NOT enjoy WALL-E
Page 4 of 8
Thread Tools
Shadow(of)Death
VeteranX
Old
61 - 07-05-2008, 12:25
Reply With Quote
Scuzzle- Yes. I thought that was fairly common knowledge. If you asked it in a thread and I didn't respond, it is probably because I thought you were trolling.
 
Shadow(of)Death is offline
 
Sponsored Links
Makasuro
VeteranXX
Old
62 - 07-05-2008, 13:08
Reply With Quote
Oh you're mormon.

That would explain a lot.
 
Makasuro is offline
 
claudius
VeteranX
Old
63 - 07-05-2008, 13:17
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by link_ View Post
My parents said the same thing when they got back from the movie. I noticed the tree-hugger aspects of the movie and the jabs at fat americans, but didn't really get bothered by them. My parents were offended and dissappointed in pixar for making such a propaganda-esque movie.

One thing my parents noticed that i didn't was the jabs at president Bush with all of the "just stay the course" bull****.

It wasn't my favorite pixar movie. It was okay.
"Waaaah, my sensibilities have been offended by a cartoon. How dare they parody anything George W. Bush said! Don't they know we voted for him - twice? It's like they're personally attacking us."

Your parents seem like oversensitive, whiny *****es.
 
claudius is offline
 
Shadow(of)Death
VeteranX
Old
64 - 07-05-2008, 13:21
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al'Muktar View Post
well duh

he sold it to joseph smiff
I hope you realize how ignorant you sound when you say stupid stuff, you pull out of your butt, like this.
 
Shadow(of)Death is offline
 
Bibble
VeteranX
Old
65 - 07-05-2008, 13:23
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
[Official] Look at how cool I am for not liking a movie. Please give me e-peen++ for going against the grain.
 
Bibble is offline
 
Bibble
VeteranX
Old
66 - 07-05-2008, 13:24
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBatesAlot View Post
I don't watch kids movies. I'm not making any exceptions.
just like you don't play video games, those are for kids ya know. thats what the old people say anyway.

go go gadget mature. weeee
 
Bibble is offline
 
Al'Muktar
VeteranXV
Old
67 - 07-05-2008, 13:31
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow(of)Death View Post
I hope you realize how ignorant you sound when you say stupid stuff, you pull out of your butt, like this.
thats rather a mean thing for a mormon to say

but c'mon, we all know he was an incarnation of satan

think pacino in devil's advocate
 
Al'Muktar is offline
 
Shadow(of)Death
VeteranX
Old
68 - 07-05-2008, 14:02
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al'Muktar View Post
thats rather a mean thing for a mormon to say

but c'mon, we all know he was an incarnation of satan

think pacino in devil's advocate
I'm fine with that. I don't care what your belief is about Joseph Smith. I believe he was just a man, called to be a prophet, like any other prophet before him. As such I would not worship, or pray to him, and so forth. If you want to believe otherwise, that is your problem. I just get fired up when people make statements of 'what I believe', when in reality it is a bunch of BS someone made up.
 
Shadow(of)Death is offline
 
Whoohoox8
VeteranX
Old
69 - 07-05-2008, 14:57
Reply With Quote
I liked the movie
 
Whoohoox8 is offline
 
Wowbagger
VeteranX
Old
70 - 07-05-2008, 15:49
Reply With Quote
The fact is, thismovie is left liberals biased because it makes fun of Bush and says corporations are bad, why, this is unamerican and biased, like the left leaning hollyweird media. Here in the Heartland, we are steadfast and true to moral values and to Bush, who is awesome. I hate it when the cultural eleite have to make fun of conservatives and think its funny, its not, boycott them
 
Wowbagger is offline
 
Al'Muktar
VeteranXV
Old
71 - 07-05-2008, 16:00
Reply With Quote
 
Al'Muktar is offline
 
Wowbagger
VeteranX
Old
72 - 07-05-2008, 16:01
Reply With Quote
Considering that PIXAR was at least at one time radically pro-abortion (they wouldn***8217;t lease prints of their short films to theaters in some states that held the wrong politics on abortion), it would seem that the death of all people is a goal they actually could see as a positive thing.
 
Wowbagger is offline
 
Shadow(of)Death
VeteranX
Old
73 - 07-05-2008, 16:17
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wowbagger View Post
The fact is, thismovie is left liberals biased because it makes fun of Bush and says corporations are bad, why, this is unamerican and biased, like the left leaning hollyweird media. Here in the Heartland, we are steadfast and true to moral values and to Bush, who is awesome. I hate it when the cultural eleite have to make fun of conservatives and think its funny, its not, boycott them
You joke, right?

For me it had nothing to do with the agenda its self. It was how they tried to turn this disturbing future into a joke. It for the most part wasn't funny. Most of my laughs were forced. I tried to like the film, and in many ways I did, but I left disappointed in that they wrecked what could have been a good film.

Also, what was with the one human being real, while everyone else was 3D? Why didn't they make him 3D like everyone else?
 
Shadow(of)Death is offline
 
GreyGhost
VeteranXX
Old
74 - 07-05-2008, 16:18
Reply With Quote
That was just a guy in front of the screen at your theater, no wonder you're confused.
 
GreyGhost is offline
 
FLOOR
VeteranXV
Old
75 - 07-05-2008, 16:32
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow(of)Death View Post
I'm fine with that. I don't care what your belief is about Joseph Smith. I believe he was just a man, called to be a prophet, like any other prophet before him. As such I would not worship, or pray to him, and so forth. If you want to believe otherwise, that is your problem. I just get fired up when people make statements of 'what I believe', when in reality it is a bunch of BS someone made up.
hahah you ironically owned yourself
 
FLOOR is offline
 
nada
VeteranX
Old
76 - 07-05-2008, 16:47
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by link_ View Post
My parents said the same thing when they got back from the movie. I noticed the tree-hugger aspects of the movie and the jabs at fat americans, but didn't really get bothered by them. My parents were offended and dissappointed in pixar for making such a propaganda-esque movie.

One thing my parents noticed that i didn't was the jabs at president Bush with all of the "just stay the course" bull****.

It wasn't my favorite pixar movie. It was okay.
ATTN IGNORAMUSES: There is nothing tree-hugger about the movie. THIS JUST IN: Over commercialization leading to wastefulness is a self-destructive cycle that only gets worse and worse. This isn't a neat idea, it's a fact proven all around us, every single ****ing day. And it's only 2008. The movie simply sets humanity a bit in the future and takes a couple guesses and where our current course of decision making might lead to. The accuracy (though surprisingly well-thought out and probable) isn't nearly as important as the of the context of the journey.

The fact that some of you were unmoved, or more - 'discomforted' - is alarming, and likely proof you're part of the ignorant problem in this country. The population which thinks all of this is "liberal agenda" (lol), and that over consumption and mindlessness toward the environment is A-OK, are only fooling yourselves and impacting everyone else. The idea that things will, "just take care of itself! I mean it's planet earth dude! It's been here for eons without us!" was perhaps acceptable 10 years ago, but we collectively know enough now to consider you an idiot.

Meanwhile, rainforest's disappear, species are wiped out and displaced, and our own food sources are threatened and compromised often (esp in the case of extinct/threatened spcies) permanent outcome.

Get your act together.

Also: The movie was so much more than this. This was after-the fact dinner conversation. It was just a good ****ing movie and I feel bad for the people getting hung up on this ****. I enjoyed it much like the 8 year olds did, but was smart enough to retain all the context in there for the big boys and girls so I could battle it out on tribalwar.com/forums. Another reason why it was great.
 
nada is offline
 
Shadow(of)Death
VeteranX
Old
77 - 07-05-2008, 17:34
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOOR View Post
hahah you ironically owned yourself
You were one of those kids who scored below average on reading comprehension tests. AMIRITE?!?!?
 
Shadow(of)Death is offline
 
Travace
VeteranXV
Old
78 - 07-05-2008, 17:35
Reply With Quote
i just got back from the movie and had been avoiding this thread like the plague until i seen it.

My opinion is this ... its a good movie for kids and even a good movie for adults if you are into animation BUT compare it to other pixar movies and it does kind of lack. Definitely not the best Pixar movie.

I thought Kung Fu Panda was better but i asked my 4 year old son which he liked better and it was Wall-E. Granted tho we jsut got back from Wall-E and Kung fu panda was 2 weeks ago so its prolly jsut fresh in his mind.

all i can say to Pixar is BRING ON CARS II
 
Travace is offline
 
hyung
VeteranXV
Old
79 - 07-05-2008, 17:35
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow(of)Death View Post
You were one of those kids who scored below average on reading comprehension tests. AMIRITE?!?!?
The irony is thick with this post as well.

How ironic.
 
hyung is offline
 
Shadow(of)Death
VeteranX
Old
80 - 07-05-2008, 17:38
Reply With Quote
nada- I was hoping the movie would be so much more than this, but beyond a love story, it really wasn't.

Also I concur with you in that this was just an extreme dramatization of the course we are heading, but my problem, and what I found disturbing is that they then made it an underlying joke of the film, and tried to even draw laughter from these theme throughout the film, but in reality it wasn't funny.

WALL-E the character was great. The film he starred in was mediocre.
 
Shadow(of)Death is offline
 
Page 4 of 8
Reply


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] I did NOT enjoy WALL-E

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo has a huge penis , best movie ever , cops are murderers , farmer john and suzy q , final solution for cops , gay poster , gay thread , have a nice life , hot rock band date , joseph smith was not here , mormon , polygamy , stupid shitty troll , triple is a troll , trolly rider , vermont logging truck , wall-e hating faggot


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:06.