Mitch or Tehvul, who do you respect more? by Plasmatic - Page 15 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Mitch or Tehvul, who do you respect more?
Page 15 of 18
View Poll Results: Who do you respect more, Mitch or Tehvul.
Tehvul 54 42.19%
Mitch 22 17.19%
69 53.91%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
281 - 08-14-2020, 07:46
Haha nice. OFN though from 2015, record has been broken 3 times since then.

Sponsored Links
Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
282 - 08-14-2020, 07:49
damn dubai breaking its own record 3 times over

just like babe ruth

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
283 - 08-14-2020, 10:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by StapleMammal1 View Post
If have no vent I just build up and top with pro vent. Inspector passes.

While I am not a plumber, I have done my fair share of indoor and exterior plumbing and I have never seen an S or P-trap w/no vent pipe. Do you still find this inside of people's homes? I can only imagine the smell.

Hell, I get work orders to send a crew over to "investigate a smell inside of the attic". This is usually from 2 things: a dead rodent or, the plumbing exhaust vent pipe has broken off inside of the attic, and the sewage is smelling up the inside of the attic. Even working on the roof next to a plumbing pipe jack exhaust is stinky as hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StapleMammal1 View Post
Then wrap threads on male pro vent with Teflon tape. Apply pipe dope to male over the teflon tape, and screw that fuker in.

And this ^ is a legit way to vent off an S-trap and keep the gnarly smell out of the kitchen etc.?

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
284 - 08-14-2020, 10:19
That is weird, I have never seen internal plumbing with a vent except for on toilet waste pipes. Haven't seen one on a sink S trap, or noticed any smell from a sink or basin either.

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
285 - 08-14-2020, 10:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArakAtak View Post
That is weird, I have never seen internal plumbing with a vent except for on toilet waste pipes. Haven't seen one on a sink S trap, or noticed any smell from a sink or basin either.
The exhaust pipe is usually behind a wall so unless you demoed the sheetrock, you might not have seen it.

Maybe it is just a Cali thing but all sinks, showers, or toilets have an exhaust pipe that jets through the roof. This is how we can tell where a bathroom is situated in someone's home while on the roof.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
286 - 08-14-2020, 11:01
A real man huffs that vent gas for a quick buzz while up there on the roof. Then, jumps off and lands on the ground with a smile.

StapleMammal1
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
287 - 08-14-2020, 11:58
I come across them all the time up here with these cabins. Yeah supposed to have venting done right but most here are not like that. Dont know if it was because these cabins were built during the 50's or what but I make $ fixing em.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
288 - 08-14-2020, 13:46
Yeah, neither of our cabins have sewer vents. We have grinder pumps, and they have no insulation.

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
289 - 08-14-2020, 14:04
It's like a foreign language. Does Google translate do Trailer to English?

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
290 - 08-14-2020, 20:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by samUwell View Post
While I am not a plumber, I have done my fair share of indoor and exterior plumbing and I have never seen an S or P-trap w/no vent pipe. Do you still find this inside of people's homes? I can only imagine the smell.

Hell, I get work orders to send a crew over to "investigate a smell inside of the attic". This is usually from 2 things: a dead rodent or, the plumbing exhaust vent pipe has broken off inside of the attic, and the sewage is smelling up the inside of the attic. Even working on the roof next to a plumbing pipe jack exhaust is stinky as hell.

And this ^ is a legit way to vent off an S-trap and keep the gnarly smell out of the kitchen etc.?
i was just going to ask about some of this+++++++

who knew that steamrolling mitch like this would productively fix and resolve even our own issues?

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
291 - 08-14-2020, 20:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchdubai View Post
mitch being locked down inside of dubai making him angry and angsty as ****

and getting you beat down by everyone (even tehvul's poodle)

don't worry summer and then life will be over soon enough

both before covid is done is my guess.

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
292 - 08-14-2020, 20:58
I just looked and our sinks are actually teed into the main toilet stink pipes, I was thrown by the undersink version that Tev posted. Looks like they are common in Europe and the US.

Appears our downstairs sinks in the kitchen and laundry are not all joined in but they do have outdoor ground level overflow vents so they probably do the job. They have a gully trap after so no smell comes from them.

plumbing waste discussion - best thread currently on TW ....

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
293 - 08-14-2020, 21:10
it sure is

we need absents opinion on this now

someone should ask him how these work

and what direction that sink drains

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
294 - 08-15-2020, 00:43
Absent thinks snow weighs nothing, jews are the chosen people, and that sinks can drain uphill.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
295 - 08-15-2020, 05:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchdubai View Post
stfu mitch - you mook munching midget

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
296 - 08-15-2020, 14:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArakAtak View Post
I just looked and our sinks are actually teed into the main toilet stink pipes, I was thrown by the undersink version that Tev posted. Looks like they are common in Europe and the US.

Appears our downstairs sinks in the kitchen and laundry are not all joined in but they do have outdoor ground level overflow vents so they probably do the job. They have a gully trap after so no smell comes from them.

plumbing waste discussion - best thread currently on TW ....
Yep.

I do believe that when the home is being erected (phrasing...), where the exhaust vent pipes are tied and then brought up and through the roof is up to the discretion of the plumber. The architect does not pencil those into the plans. And I believe that the exhaust vent can be up to 20 or 30' away, as long as the line has the air flow to help keep the flow of water moving through the pipes.

*edit - the airflow is required for the ****/piss/water to travel through the pipe more freely. When it doesn't have this airflow, you end up with clogged pipes.

Maybe tehvul can confirm this?

Last edited by samUwell; 08-15-2020 at 14:06..
Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
297 - 08-15-2020, 14:45
Quote:
*edit - the airflow is required for the ****/piss/water to travel through the pipe more freely. When it doesn't have this airflow, you end up with clogged pipes.

I'm no tehvul, no professional plumber, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once (near Frisco, so maybe I'm homeless drug addict with covid?)

If sinks/toilets/showers don't have adequate and appropriate air pipe venting then the water goes under a vacuum. from there flow rates can become inadequate or unpredictable. you can expect gulping sounds, chugging, and even end up pulling water (like you do a straw in a drink) from other surrounding areas also under vacuum. this can pull water out of surrounding traps as well. this is why many codes want every water flowing item to have its own vent or to tie into another stack if possible. when that isn't practical, or possible, these are the only other viable alternative (other than risking vacuum issues i listed above).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv6vQU94wws

about the best visual demonstration i can find for this concept.

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
298 - 08-15-2020, 17:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tele View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv6vQU94wws

about the best visual demonstration i can find for this concept.
And a concept I tried to recreate at a board meeting 2 years ago.

You guys are going to learn a little bit about rain gutters and downspouts... sorry.

We were called out to clean out a bunch of rain gutters and downspouts at an association that is mostly 4-stories high. I dont like bidding on these due to safety reasons so I bid the job high and wouldn't you know... they signed it.

Sent the gutter cleaning crew over there and they cleaned out the gutters and downspouts. Next rain, I get a call saying my guys missed a bunch of the gutters, as they are all overflowing which is very loud when the water lands. Send the crew back out there, and everything is clean and free flowing. I explain this to the manager and ask for a history of this and if it's been an ongoing issue. She calls me back and said, "This has been happening since the buildinig was built, 20+ years ago."

Derp! This is something I would've liked to know ahead of time. "Sorry, Sam, this is a new HOA for us." Because of this, I need to go and inspect the gutter and downspout system to figure out why they are not working.

First thing I notice is that they have half-round gutters installed but no ribbed brackets to support the weight of the water in the gutter. These should be installed every 4' because, as you know, water weighs a lot. Because of this, all the gutters are leaning forward, some by quite a bit.

Even though they are leaning a lot, they should still be working... kind of. But something else struck me as WTF and that was the size of their downspouts. 2" round downspouts which is way, way to narrow.

The way a gutter system works is that there is a drop outlet that is cut through the bottom of the gutter, and slides down through the gutter, and inside of the downspout.

The drop outlet is typically 1.75" to 2" round and when you install a 2" round downspout to these drop outlet, it is a very tight fit. Too tight, in fact.

Some where so tight, you couldn't even see the drop outlet.

So I called 1 of my roofers and had him meet me there so I can run 2 tests. There was a nice 10' long gutter that was accessible from a 1-story ladder.

I had my guy cork off the drop outlet, and we flooded the rain gutter until it was overflowing. Once it begun to overflow, I had him remove the cork and at the same time, I started my stop watch. It took 1:47 seconds to drain that 10' gutter completely.

So we remove the preexisting 2" round downspout, and installed a 2" X 3" downspout to the drop outlet that was allowing air to flow through the system.

We flooded the gutter again, and ran the stop watch and the gutter drained in :34 seconds. Holy ****!

Explained this to the HOA board members and used the example of pouring your cooking oil into a nicer bottle through a cone, and how if there is no air between the cone and the bottle, it takes forever for the oil to drain, until you lift it up a bit to allow for air and spill oil all over the place.

Anyways, I provided them with a gutter and downspout replacement for their HOA and bid it really high because... I didn't want the job. Guess what? Yep, we just finished it 2 weeks ago. Removing and replacing the gutters was back breaking work but they had fun installing most of the downspouts, as they got to drive around in a bucket-lift.

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
299 - 08-15-2020, 18:22
Why can't you just make a post like everyone else, Tele? Why does every single one have to be an 8th grade two week class project?

Why, Tele? Why?

StapleMammal1
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
300 - 08-16-2020, 12:19
Quote:
Yep.

I do believe that when the home is being erected (phrasing...), where the exhaust vent pipes are tied and then brought up and through the roof is up to the discretion of the plumber. And I believe that the exhaust vent can be up to 20 or 30' away, as long as the line has the air flow to help keep the flow of water moving through the pipes.

Talking about the rough in. Thats when I go in with a right angle drill and tell the framers **** your studs. I'm drilling thru any of them I need to. If framers give me any ****, pun intended, I'll go get the ****ing chainsaw. Show them what a good time is really all about. The rough in stud drilling and cutting thru the roof are why Plumbers are called "butchers". I always raise my vents on the back side of the house. I always make sure to consider roof valleys and structural situations when I'm cutting thru roof. 20' 30' is too far. Have to refer to local and state code for required distance. They very depending on location. Side note about vent systems. Depending on location plumber has to consider atmospheric conditions when running their vents. Pressure is important. Vacuum lock sucks donkey balls.

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBU76ZcrGlM

Last edited by StapleMammal1; 08-16-2020 at 12:39..
Page 15 of 18

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Mitch or Tehvul, who do you respect more?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
kill yourself midxe , midgetdubai , shark-jump⁹⁰⁰⁰ , shitstain of society