Page 12 of 33
amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
221 - 02-03-2023, 12:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
If you have an existing renal disorder, especially in the glomeruli, ask your doctor about it before adding creatine to your diet. For people with normal renal function, adding creatine doesn't appear to be a risk.

It's not going to help much with weight loss, just saying. It's more for people that have bone porosity or sarcopenia, or can't/won't get enough protein in their regular diet.

One last thing before I eject again-- we know that getting your nutrients in the food you eat and drink is more efficient and effective than using additives. One-a-day vitamin pills, creatine and whatnot will help, but not nearly as much as getting everything you need in your regular diet. We don't know why that is, but it's being worked on.
On topic of creatine in individuals who train for strength and performance, studies showed benefits in most areas.

One of a million papers Nutrients | Free Full-Text | Creatine for Exercise and Sports Performance, with Recovery Considerations for Healthy Populations

To me it's a no brainier low cost way to squeeze as much benefit as possible from the work I'm doing anyway.

Sponsored Links
Flash
VeteranXX
Old
222 - 02-03-2023, 12:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
There is a lot of confusion here, but not on my end. You're saying real food, without saying what that means. It's vague. You are misunderstanding where the burden of proof lies.

Anyway, it's warm enough to go run, and I'm not wasting time with your silly attempt at a quarrel. You'll define what real food is, or you won't. Simple as that.
"The burden of proof"

"Definitions"

These are all the things wrong with trying to help people eat healthy. You are complicating something that isn't complicated. You used the term "organic" in this discussion, which isn't even a type of food, its a method for growing food. Everybody knows what real food is, it doesn't need an exact definition that muddies the water. You only want one so you can nitpick it to try to impress us with your perceived scientific acumen.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
223 - 02-03-2023, 12:36
When someone says "real food" i take it to mean whole foods versus highly processed ****. Basically the stuff at the perimeter of the grocery store vs the stuff in the middle aisles.

Considering most Americans probably spend the bulk of their money on the garbage inside the aisles, maybe defining it for them wouldn't be a bad idea.

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
224 - 02-03-2023, 12:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by amRam View Post
When someone says "real food" i take it to mean whole foods versus highly processed ****. Basically the stuff at the perimeter of the grocery store vs the stuff in the middle aisles.
Never heard this before but now you mention it, it's pretty accurate. The last bit I mean. Interesting.

Edit: Except the deli counter

Last edited by Mitchdubai; 02-03-2023 at 12:40..
KingSobieski
VeteranXX
Old
225 - 02-03-2023, 12:53
i would kill a man over some good pepper loaf

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
226 - 02-03-2023, 12:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchdubai View Post
Never heard this before but now you mention it, it's pretty accurate. The last bit I mean. Interesting.

Edit: Except the deli counter
**** you the deli counter is the best goddamn part of the store u take that back

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
227 - 02-03-2023, 12:56
Quote:
**** you the deli counter is the best goddamn part of the store u take that back
Well yeah of course it is, but a lot of processed good stuff in there.

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
228 - 02-03-2023, 12:56
publix subs /ngfm

Flash
VeteranXX
Old
229 - 02-03-2023, 13:00

Does that look like an animal?

Flash
VeteranXX
Old
230 - 02-03-2023, 13:01
Quote:

Considering most Americans probably spend the bulk of their money on the garbage inside the aisles, maybe defining it for them wouldn't be a bad idea.
Americans willingly eat that ****. They aren't confused, they just like the taste.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
231 - 02-03-2023, 13:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash View Post

Does that look like an animal?
What's wrong with a turkey breast? I mean I dunno what they put in that specific brand but I buy nitrate free ham (for example) from the Polish deli and while it's not exactly a staple in my diet I don't shy away from eating it regularly as a source of protein.

Flash
VeteranXX
Old
232 - 02-03-2023, 13:07
This is a turkey:

This is not a turkey:

Is this really hard?

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
233 - 02-03-2023, 13:08
That's a turkey breast. As far as I can surmise from the low resolution photo and label. Can you be specific?

Flash
VeteranXX
Old
234 - 02-03-2023, 13:11
Yeah, when I pull the breast out of turkey is looks like that. A huge glob of perfectly round meat designed for slicing. Jesus I guess I just underestimate how stupid people are.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
235 - 02-03-2023, 13:12
I smoke whole meats with my father in law from time to time so I guess I'm having a hard time with the distinction. Our finished product looks more or less like that.

Flash
VeteranXX
Old
236 - 02-03-2023, 13:16
If you can't tell the difference between this counter:

and this counter:

I don't know how to help you. Like I said, I'll have to just admit that I underestimated peoples ability to understand what processed foods are.

KingSobieski
VeteranXX
Old
237 - 02-03-2023, 13:16
can anyone confirm whether a turkey breast sandwich on white bread is better/worse than a big mac

KingSobieski
VeteranXX
Old
238 - 02-03-2023, 13:17
Quote:
Yeah, when I pull the breast out of turkey is looks like that. A huge glob of perfectly round meat designed for slicing. Jesus I guess I just underestimate how stupid people are.
i get it pre-sliced that way we don't need to get the knife involved. thats way smarter than buying a raw turkey carcass.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
239 - 02-03-2023, 13:23
Quote:
If you can't tell the difference between this counter:

and this counter:

I don't know how to help you. Like I said, I'll have to just admit that I underestimated peoples ability to understand what processed foods are.
One counter has raw meat. The other has a selection of cooked / smoked / processed meats across the spectrum.

If I buy a pork leg and BBQ it, it's okay right? If I brine it, air dry it, and smoke it, is it still ok or is it "processed"?

You're getting a bit douchy when all I'm asking is for more specifics of what exactly is good or bad about any one style of preparing meat.

KingSobieski
VeteranXX
Old
240 - 02-03-2023, 13:29
i was referring to like, snickers, cheetos, oreos, and a case of mountain dew.

i think deli slices are 'real'

Page 12 of 33

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page A question about diet

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
juggletits is a fat fuck , kill yourself midxe