[MAP PACK] Released At Last

Personally, I think light spawn will bring heavy camping back to life. I don't really think it's going to help defense much though. I still think it is a good idea because it allows a wider range of positions to be played in spawn, though.

JimBodkins said:
This is an optional map pack that was tested http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364778 . Did you provide input during testing?

... and this

Originally Posted by |CO|Kapeket!!
You have lost all integrity.

Thanks for the quick answer and pathetic, jaundiced agenda taking over when you had a good thing going.

I would never support this effort in any form or fashion.

You guys just became modders. Thanks for nothing.

Fix it. Now.

... is out of line.

Firstly, this was decided by a handful of people, not a community.

Secondly, you are right... it is out of line to criticize people who are making maps that have an agenda. My bad.

But honestly, I call out Geiss and the other mappers for not seeming to list the changes ahead of time. The reason being, it was not anyone's choice. It was their choice.

But Geiss is a good guy.... with an agenda. Don't be offended, be honest. Thanks.

|CO|Kapeket!! said:
You added light spawn, you say its because it is needed to do what was right in T1/T2.

Then why stop? Get rid of the rover, get rid of the pods, get automated turrets on all maps in the pack.... you are not even applying this to all base maps. That is an agenda, not a fix.

Fixes are intended to fix something not right. This is an agenda, not a fix.

I came from mods in T1. This is a mod. This does not apply across the board to all maps so its a defined change on defined maps for defined agendas. Again, why not add more invos so everyone on a 20 player map can grab an invo? Why not add more spawn points on maps like Spiridian in outdoor areas instead? The easiest thing any mapper can do is add spawnpoints. That seems like a solution, rather than attempting to justify crying about base raping and dying on spawn.

I just don't see the need. Its a want. By what you claim are true vets. Just because people haven't been registered members of TribalWar, to quote you, for the last two years, does not make people unqualified to know what is right when it comes to changes you are attempting to make for biased reasons.

I think changing back to medium armor is an option. Change it back. Seems as simple to do as adding spawnpoints. An agenda exists here.

Well, that was far more compelling then your previous post. Good on you! I will now give your point of view proper consideration. Funny how so many here go for the 'you suck' posts, and yet they are capable of thoughtful posts.

BTW Aesop...you suck! :)

Don't download it then if offends you so deeply. Nobody is forcing you to play these maps.

Personally I think it's a great thing, and something I wish all maps (including retail) had done from the get-go. I never understood why medium was the spawn armour, except maybe to force more people to use the most useless armour. If my base is raped Im a heap happier to do all those things a triber needs to do in naked light rather than a slow naked medium. Camped Ho makes no difference to me. Your still gonan die. Infact you've got more chance of getting out of blast range with an agile light armour.

NetAtNite said:
Well, that was far more compelling then your previous post. Good on you! I will now give your point of view proper consideration. Funny how so many here go for the 'you suck' posts, and yet they are capable of thoughtful posts.

BTW Aesop...you suck! :)

Thank you Net. My shirt is a little wrinkled, I'll just stick this on my irony board.

mentasm said:
I never understood why medium was the spawn armour, except maybe to force more people to use the most useless armour. If my base is raped Im a heap happier to do all those things a triber needs to do in naked light rather than a slow naked medium...... Infact you've got more chance of getting out of blast range with an agile light armour.

You realize that medium armor is one of the penalties for dying? It's in there for a reason.

I really doubt its a penalty for dying... That should not be how any tribes game is played.

Not to mention Geiss has posted logs many times with the changes, and a lot of us have looked over the maps and given Geiss corrections which he has fixed. Spawning in Light Armor won't hurt the game at all, if anything it will help it out a lot.

I didn't have light spawns on my map Minotaur. I wasn't asked, I probably didn't want it, and I don't understand why my map was changed that way.

Geiss, please change the spawn armors back, at least on my map. I don't think it's at all fair that you've changed my hard work - really hard work! without even asking.

To the rest of the community: I didn't have anything to do with this step. In all fairness, I probably would have agreed, but without even being asked, I'm pretty unhappy about it.

In Geiss' defense. I'm sure it would be ridiculously hard to get ahold of every single mapper and ask them if their map could be edited.

Sorry Devo, but when you release something like that publically... it's open for the public. This isn't copyrighted material here. It's just a map, and I'm sure it'll say what and who it was edited by in the ReadMe.

If it's any consolation, it's a great looking map though. :D

Come on Devo... give it a rest.
I respect your talent, but JEEZUS, do you have to complain about every damned thing?

As far as I know, you've not attempted to communicate with anyone involved in putting the pack out and making comments like "In all fairness, I probably would have agreed, but without even being asked, I'm pretty unhappy about it." just don't really fly.

I didn't agree to it either. I even questioned Geiss quite openly (and a little harshly) about it in IRC, BUT I'm willing to let it slide and see how it plays out. If players aren't happy with the light spawning, a revisional pack could be put together to "fix" things.

So just try to roll with things. Working with people instead of just popping up to complain ain't cool.

Oh yeah... there's no need to be so possesive about your work either. It all belongs to VUG anyway. Neither you or I have any claim on maps that we put out, other than bragging rights.

So chill and hurry up with friggen Kata!!

BitRaiser said:
As far as I know, you've not attempted to communicate with anyone involved in putting the pack out.

Oh yeah... there's no need to be so possesive about your work either. It all belongs to VUG anyway. Neither you or I have any claim on maps that we put out, other than bragging rights.

So chill and hurry up with friggen Kata!!

I talk to Geiss several times a week. He made no mention of changing the spawn armors. I think it's probably a bad idea, albeit not as bad as messing with the gens. I think there's just some things that really need to be constant across maps. Ultimately, I'd prefer it if people spawned in light . . .in all the maps. I dont think splitting it up from map to map is a very good idea, though. Again, not really a big deal in the scheme of things.

The point about maps all belonging to VUG is not really likely to encourage people to make more maps. Why would anyone want to make a map if any old DSEZ is free to come along and fuck with it as they will? What if, say, someone decides that taking the base FFs out is a good idea? Then I get blamed for making another shitty rape-fest map. It takes very little to make a good TV map into a crap-fest, as we all know. Why would I want to finish Kata, if I thought that someone would just add 6 pods to it?

No hard feelings, but I'm pretty dissappointed that after spending so much time talking to Geiss that this would just come out of the blue. I kinda don't really feel the urge to finish Kata, Boss or Damnation, now.

There is a difference between editting a map and crediting the original creator and editting a map and not pointing out what changes are yours and what is original.

These maps are the teams idea of how to best present these maps, with all credits due.

Changing the spawnarmor will cripple me a little...Im playing as medium about 90% of the time. Its my preferred armortype in T:V as um usuly defending.

Its nothing i cant adjust to though, and i guess most people will want to spawn in light. And in any case, the maps in the pack are amazing! A huge thanks to all mappers and all people involved in this.

Now, how the hell do we get all servers to install this?

id rather spawn in med in almost all circumstances...
i think changing things like that is way out of the scope of a map.

just adding another voice to the choir here, no need for the usual ultimatums.

in other news, i'm really diggin blood veldt and the raindance polished version. both have a good feel to them imo. nothing daring of course, but good texturing and decorations, flag placements etc.

the canyon crusade daytime version i'm really into, dox what do you think? :D. unfortunately it still feels too small compared to the original, and the base for be is a little weird to navigate into.

there are some other nice things here and there, overall pretty solid. i didn't really check out the remakes of the retails.

Back