Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
61 - 05-25-2021, 21:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data View Post
This is the dip**** take on religion.
My guess is that you are one of the 93% of Christians that have never read the Bible cover to cover without coaching. My problem with religious folk and childhood is that I was told so many things, and when science started to uncover the lies, I decided to read. I read the Book Of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price, and Doctrine and Covenants first, and after being aghast at what bull**** it was, I read the bible, cover to cover. Again, my jaw dropped at what crap it was. After this, I read the Talmud and the Koran, but by this time I knew what I was in for.

If I were to try to convert a religious person to Atheism (and I really don't give a **** if they do or not) I could offer The God Delusion by Dawkins, or God Is Not Great by Hitchens or something else, but the real hammer would be to challenge them to read whatever text their sect deems sacrosanct. Once a person has read any of them cover to cover (no "bible study" or coaching), there is no sane person that will close the book and say, "Gosh, that really made sense." That's my challenge: read the Koran or the Bible or whatever, and do it without help.

After that, you will want to read Hitchens and Dawkins to calm your anger because you've allowed yourself to be duped for so long.

Sponsored Links
Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
62 - 05-25-2021, 21:47
I don't consider myself a Christian, so you're hilariously wrong on all counts there, Chief.

Great job trying to sound smart, though.

Dr Dance
VeteranX
Old
63 - 05-25-2021, 21:54
If attacking religion with "the speed of science" was enough to "calm your anger," then why do you persist in lashing out like a deranged psycho?

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
64 - 05-25-2021, 22:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
My guess is that you are one of the 93% of Christians that have never read the Bible cover to cover without coaching.
If you'd been paying attention at all over the last 5 years you'd probably know that I'm partial to the Jordan Peterson approach to classical mythologies (especially the Bible) and their importance to human hierarchical structures. I'm more of a realist when it comes to belief systems and the "afterlife", and wholly oppose religious dogma just as I oppose the far-left social justice dogma you're so fond of. The modern left is the textbook definition of a cult.

Dawkins and Hitchens both profoundly missed the point, so it's no surprise that you're a big fan.

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
65 - 05-25-2021, 22:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data View Post

Dawkins and Hitchens both profoundly missed the point
So you are claiming we are equally read. What was the point, and how did they each miss?

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
66 - 05-25-2021, 22:44
the point was that i'm god's chosen leader of the world and they both missed it by not even mentioning it

Dr Dance
VeteranX
Old
67 - 05-26-2021, 09:31
Hey so were is bluestick?

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
68 - 05-27-2021, 02:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
Judism - Written 2k years ago
Christianity - Written 2k years ago
Islam - Written 1,500 years ago (Muslims came along and said they could do better)

Nmag
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
69 - 05-27-2021, 06:24
Despite all my rage I am still just rat in a cage.

Lastlobo
VeteranXX
Old
70 - 05-27-2021, 10:36
***8220;Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many.

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
71 - 05-27-2021, 10:42

uno
VeteranXX
Old
72 - 05-27-2021, 10:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
As someone who hates religion as much as anyone. This is a dumbass picture

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
73 - 05-27-2021, 11:47
**** wouldn't be considered wrong, equality wouldn't be considered good, and suicide bombing wouldn't be considered illegal without religion

cultures that didn't have organized belief systems were great in their day, we left them behind around the time the neolithic hit

enlightenment thinking (following the precedent of classical authors) introduced a god called rationality which has been one of the most popular of all time and some of her followers only recently demand that all other gods be renounced

Last edited by bowl of blood; 05-27-2021 at 11:49..
DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
74 - 05-27-2021, 11:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJOYL3hIHq0
Produced by Prestige World Wide.

Dr Dance
VeteranX
Old
75 - 05-27-2021, 12:24
Vanster should start a Bible study thread.

uno
VeteranXX
Old
76 - 05-27-2021, 12:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowl of blood View Post
**** wouldn't be considered wrong, equality wouldn't be considered good, and suicide bombing wouldn't be considered illegal without religion

cultures that didn't have organized belief systems were great in their day, we left them behind around the time the neolithic hit

enlightenment thinking (following the precedent of classical authors) introduced a god called rationality which has been one of the most popular of all time and some of her followers only recently demand that all other gods be renounced
Amen.

Pretending that anarchy would have/will lead to a more equitable world is laughably idiotic

Crazy the thought process one could have to convince themselves the opposite is true.

groove
VeteranXX
Old
77 - 05-27-2021, 12:31
did we really need the threat of sky wizards to dictate societal behavior

like we would have never figured out that **** is bad w/o a fairy

Lozza Mate
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
78 - 05-27-2021, 12:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowl of blood View Post
the various religions justify all of these things.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
79 - 05-27-2021, 12:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove View Post

i'd be raping right now if i didnt know god would punish me for doing everything he made me to do

uno
VeteranXX
Old
80 - 05-27-2021, 12:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove View Post

It's pretty obvious that the threat of ever lasting afterlife consequences for in life wrongdoings was a major driving force in humans getting their **** together. Even if it was all bull****.

Page 4 of 7

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Hey so were is GOD

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
nico like man ass