[(#)SOCCER] The Official 2013-2014 Soccer Thread

I like Liverpool. Pre season looked good though we were playing minnows. Borini has a talent at wasting chances

Serious question, how many have a tangible reason for rooting for their club?

I ask because as Americans, it seems most of us just toss a dart at the big four and pick a team. I know some ppl here are from the UK, during my visits, people in outside of London and in Wales all seemed to be either ManU or Pool fans.

"I'm unequivocal that we won't sell to Arsenal, whatever the bid is," he said. "I have not said it to Stan [Kroenke, Arsenal's majority shareholder] but I had a personal conversation with others at Arsenal and told him [Gazidis] we would not sell to Arsenal."

Liverpool informed Suárez and Guardiola that any transfer would have to be agreed early in this transfer window to allow Rodgers time to spend the fee. "We made that clear early-on," confirmed Henry, who believes Suárez is misguided in his reasons for wishing to join Arsenal. He said: "Players usually want to win. They want to go, generally in any sport, where they can win. That's why I think this particular episode is misguided. We've won more trophies than Arsenal, but I really don't want to get into that."

:lol:

Bernard's going to Shaktar for 25mil now so they missed out on him too. Sounds like it might be shaping up to be a completely typical Wenger summer

suarez ends up at rm

bale ends up at rm

pool lose

spurs lose

arsenal lose

epl is the biggest loser

at least spurs are making decent buys this period

if they had gotten moutinho they would have been decently set to run avb's 433

dembele needs to somehow turn into a creator magician bc spurs have no one to make shit happen without bale

that would be awesome

hes too much ego tho

i bet he would only go to manu

@bbcsport_david 1m
Understand #afc did not make offer for Higuain. Agreed personal terms but put deal on hold to prioritise Suarez, Napoli pounced #bbcfootball

Where is e1 to explain the brilliance of this decision???

Kerimov doesn’t want to spend money and nerves on Anzhi

Russia’s Anzhi Mahachkala will more likely reduce its star-studded squad as the club owner Suleiman Kerimov slashes spending on the country’s richest team.

The club will be forced to part ways with a newly appointed coach Rene Melensten just 16 days after he replaced Dutchman Guus Hiddink at the helm of the team. A former Anzhi coach, Gazdhi Gadzhiyev,is expected to be in charge of the squad again.

The highest paid players Brazilian winger Willian da Silva whose salary accounts for 35 million euros and Cameroonian striker Samuel Eto’o who gets 28 million euros will have to find a new club to perform for. Apart from these two players I’ve just mentioned three more expensive footballers Igor Denisov, Yury Zhirkov and Aleksandr Kokorin will tear up their contracts with Anzhi.

Kerimov’s decision to cut the club’s budget came just several days after Anzhi lost the principle match to Rostov in the Russian Premier League which left them in 13th place in the standings.

Kerimov took this insulting defeat close to heart, and decided to reform the club adding that Anzhi was not worth wasting nerves.
Read more: http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2013_...d-money-and-nerves-on-Anzhi-0414/?bottom=news

Back