Reload this Page [(#)SOCCER] 2008-2009 Season Thread
Page 9 of 323
artemisfowl
VeteranX
Old
161 - 08-01-2008, 22:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golazo View Post
its not the PK's. chelsea always blow 1-0 leads. constantly. cl league final, against man u, im pretty sure FA cup final too. they play best down 0-1.

and essien as a winger? scolari's ballsy
I agree. Like I said at least four chances in the second half...just couldn't put them away.

Sponsored Links
Golazo
Old
162 - 08-02-2008, 15:21
so barry has been banished from AV...seemingly to liverpool....but i still dont get how the reds plan on paying?

before....the question was if liverpool could meet the deadline and structure the payments correctly. but then they couldnt, and then the deadline passed, and then pool bought keane? at least i think thats how it went down?

so the deadline passed, pool spend 20m, and now AV expect pool to spend another 18m? wtf?

if pool gets barry i think they'll be seroius contenders/favorites. manu have no christiana (and rem. last year they started out crap) and the gunners look like a mess.

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
163 - 08-02-2008, 15:43
there's little point to getting Barry

If we assume Torres, Keane, and Gerrard are undroppable, that either means we use no wide players at all or Barry won't start much in central midfield since Mascherano is the defensive midfielder

As for how it would be funded, it was always going to be funded by the sale of Alonso - which thankfully looks unlikely to happen now.

on another note, we apparently looked quite good in the first friendly with players back from the Euro, 4-0 spanking of Rangers with Torres, Ngog, Benayoun, and Alonso scoring. This of course means we'll start off the season by dropping 6 points in the first 4 matches.

Last edited by Kizzak; 08-02-2008 at 15:46..
Golazo
Old
164 - 08-02-2008, 16:12
thats my point kizzak. alonso isnt going to be sold, but AV have already banished Barry becuase Barry and his agent told AV that pool wanted him/he wanted to go to pool despite the passing of the deadline. well according to the articles anyways.

either barry made the wrong request (he clearly did make the request from O'neils statements and him being benched the full 90) or Pool are going to buy him out of their own pocket without selling anyone

Durak
VeteranXV
Old
165 - 08-02-2008, 16:42
rumor has it that spurs have more or less agreed on a few for arshavin

it will be awesome to see him play in the premiership

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
166 - 08-02-2008, 17:18
101 Great Goals: Glasgow Rangers vs Liverpool (0-2 N Gog)

19 year old French striker we picked up from PSG this year for 1.5 million

he's played for the u-16s, u-17s, and u-19s for France so far in his career so I guess they probably think he has good potential, though our last youth signings from France didn't quite work out that well.

Golazo
Old
167 - 08-02-2008, 17:43
arshavin has some really sick/classy stuff. check out the the 2nd goal, its like 20 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OYXsIyheec

i hope they ship berbatov out soon.

Durak
VeteranXV
Old
168 - 08-02-2008, 18:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzak View Post
101 Great Goals: Glasgow Rangers vs Liverpool (0-2 N Gog)

19 year old French striker we picked up from PSG this year for 1.5 million

he's played for the u-16s, u-17s, and u-19s for France so far in his career so I guess they probably think he has good potential, though our last youth signings from France didn't quite work out that well.
nice recovery from the botched step over

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
169 - 08-02-2008, 18:24
It looks half botched, but also half aborted like he saw the opening to the outside and cut the move early to move there

confidential
VeteranX
Old
170 - 08-02-2008, 18:40
im happy for arshavin, was hoping kolodin would be picked up too though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv5PLmb4FNs

goddamn he hits it hard

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
171 - 08-02-2008, 19:22
finally finished my first season at Vila Nova (GO)

won the state championship and Serie C

In a relatively basic diamond formation my strikers are owning

My 19 year old forward had 64 goals and 12 assists in 56 starts and 13 subs
22 year old forward had 36 goals and 8 assists in 52 starts and 4 subs

Two of my midfielders (played often in the AM C role) saw 23 goals and 52 assists together plus I had another two strikers in double digits in both goals and assists.

Overall 19 different players scored for me in
76 matches played. I had a total of 198 goals scored and 77 goals conceded

needless to say the top south american teams are trying to bargain hunt off my team, but I'm fending them off as best they can... I was all set to sell the 22 year old forward off to a mexican team for 5 mil + 50% but then he decided he wanted more money and refused the move

Yawnfest
Veteran5
Old
172 - 08-03-2008, 03:09
who is arshavin playing in those games. They look so terrible. I guess the depths of the Russian league is that bad.

crompton jd
Veteran++
Old
173 - 08-03-2008, 04:21
In confidential's video he is playing Holland!

Nah, I can't see Arshavin going to Spurs myself, rumour says he'll cost 19million and want to become the worlds best paid player. Spurs may have lots of money and no sense, but they'll need a whole lot more money and even less sense to do that deal.

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
174 - 08-03-2008, 12:06
arshavin may be good, but I think people are buying into his hype from one tournament a little too easily, take Milan Baros and his golden ball in Euro 04

Golazo
Old
175 - 08-03-2008, 12:25
nvm read it wrong

hooray blues beat milan 5-0....i duno if i believe in anelka though. kaka didnt play i guess.
Kalac
Bonera
Simic
Maldini
Favalli
Zambrotta
Flamini
Gattuso
Jankulovski
Pirlo
Ambrosini

Subs: Abbiati, Kaladze, Digao. Seedorf, Paloschi, Antonini.

Last edited by Golazo; 08-03-2008 at 12:51..
Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
176 - 08-03-2008, 12:34
All 4 goals vs Rangers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3Q-37-y56Y

GiftOfTheGame
VeteranXV
Old
177 - 08-03-2008, 12:49
And here I thought Plessis had no shot. I thought wrong

Stimpson
VeteranXV
Old
178 - 08-03-2008, 12:53
Quote:
nvm read it wrong

hooray blues beat milan 5-0....i duno if i believe in anelka though. kaka didnt play i guess.
Kalac
Bonera
Simic
Maldini
Favalli
Zambrotta
Flamini
Gattuso
Jankulovski
Pirlo
Ambrosini

Subs: Abbiati, Kaladze, Digao. Seedorf, Paloschi, Antonini.
anelka has shown just how lethal he can be in front of goal, he never had the opportunity under grant always being played on the wing, bit like henry at barca.

i feel like the only thing missing now in the squad is robinho on the left, i admire maloudas tenacity but he's just not skillful enuff on the ball to beat the last man, basically he's not like robben was a few seasons back. i think robinho would fit in great

Golazo
Old
179 - 08-03-2008, 13:02
and so cause he played on the wing he never got any shot opportunities? (wrong?) and there were plenty of times drogba was hurt or out - the guy was awful all season. this is evidenced by all the babying - up scolari is doing to get his confidence up. the best thing hes done for the blues was help us get that own goal from riise, and it should be pretty obvious what the worst was.

***8220;The game was important for Anelka but more important for us ***8211; the fans, the coach and the other players who will have more confidence in him,***8221; Scolari added.

***8220;Today was good not because he scored four goals but because he played more free and with more quality than in other games.

***8220;He was playing against a big club and to get four goals against Milan, for his confidence it is fantastic and Anelka today and the last game played more inside the penalty area than before.

***8220;That is where I asked him to play and where I need him, not right or left as before, because we have one striker and that is Anelka.***8221;

last year: 14 appearances, 1 goal

===

for the record i think hes got quality, i've seen some of the goals he had at bolton. im just saying he was in poor form, and i dont think it had much to do with his position. his nickname is "le sulk"

Last edited by Golazo; 08-03-2008 at 13:05..
artemisfowl
VeteranX
Old
180 - 08-03-2008, 13:45
Quote:
and so cause he played on the wing he never got any shot opportunities? (wrong?) and there were plenty of times drogba was hurt or out - the guy was awful all season. this is evidenced by all the babying - up scolari is doing to get his confidence up. the best thing hes done for the blues was help us get that own goal from riise, and it should be pretty obvious what the worst was.

“The game was important for Anelka but more important for us – the fans, the coach and the other players who will have more confidence in him,” Scolari added.

“Today was good not because he scored four goals but because he played more free and with more quality than in other games.

“He was playing against a big club and to get four goals against Milan, for his confidence it is fantastic and Anelka today and the last game played more inside the penalty area than before.

“That is where I asked him to play and where I need him, not right or left as before, because we have one striker and that is Anelka.”

last year: 14 appearances, 1 goal

===

for the record i think hes got quality, i've seen some of the goals he had at bolton. im just saying he was in poor form, and i dont think it had much to do with his position. his nickname is "le sulk"
I'm in the same boat as you. Last year I watched Anelka in I think four or five of his appearances and he was extremely poor...I felt the same about Wright-Phillips for most of the season. I hope Anelka has turned a new leaf and found his place on the pitch, but until I see this new found verve translate into EPL goals, I won't put too much stock in him.

Page 9 of 323

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [(#)SOCCER] 2008-2009 Season Thread

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
5 european cups , c ronaldo ftw , come on you whites , dale dynamo! , eighteen leagues , fire bob bradley , forever blowing bubbles , fulham , glory glory man utd , hotspurs , in soviet russia , liverpool , one to nil to the arsenal , soccer , soccer touches you. , we are the famous cfc , you'll never be gay alone , you'll never walk alone