Hey so were is GOD

Cliff notes: Adam messed it up. Jesus fixed it. People find the bible confusing. It was at first and then I kept reading and connecting the dots. No, I am not a bible thumper and I do not go to a church religiously. I read and study different things and come to a conclusion like the rest of you. Some of you are Science dudes and Evolution Kool-Aid drinkers. So be it. Then you have your Atheists, Pagans and whatever. This place is amusing and keeps me from being bored some times.

Yeah, so pretty much, Vanster said read the bible with no coaching or whatever. Well, reading once just didn't do it for me. What I got from it and here is the skinny:

- God created the Earth in six days, and rested the seventh.

- One day to God is like 1000 years to man. He has a 6000 year plan for humans with a 1000 year plan of rest. By the way, we are at the end of that 6000 years.

So after Adam flubs it about 33 years in the Garden of Eden. He was immortal and sinless up to this point. Lost all of it (immortality, perfection) when sin was introduced. God has a plan to fix this flub. He really wants to have a family-type relationship with His creation. Only Adam passes the sin along in his blood to every generation from then on. That's where the whole virgin Mary Jesus thing happened. It broke the chain of Adam's sin that equals death, Sin=Death.

- That part in John 1:1 where it says "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." <<< points to Jesus was the there in the beginning and is God in the Old Testament ( a part of the trinity), but also became human that started the New Testament.

- John 1:14 And the Word (Jesus) became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father (God), full of grace and truth.

It's a reoccurring theme it looks like. From the beginning of the bible to the end. Jesus was there. In the old testament He showed up as the Angel of the Lord. When shit got serious, like the dudes that show up at Sodom and Gomorrah talking to Abraham, Angel of the Lord, that was Jesus (incarnate) before He became human in the New testament. He smoked those two cities so bad, they were never inhabitable again. The Angel of the Lord going though and killing all the first born of the Egyptians in Exodus when he told Pharaoh to let the Hebrews go - Jesus. Again, Moses met him.

A lot of you dudes keep thinking Jesus was some sort of pushover. The guy consistently has been showing up since about 6000 thousand years ago. Also, there has never been a more talked about person in history that I am aware of. The next time he shows up to stay, he is going to show up American X style curb stomping the armies of the world at the plains of Megiddo and set up 1000 years of perfect government of the world that man keeps failing to do in his sin-filled state of existence according to the bible. Ruling with an iron scepter aka brooking no shit.

- By the way, Jesus lived a perfect sin-free life for 33 years, according to the bible and then crawled up on a cross, took all the sin from the past, present and future into Himself that separated Him for a moment from God the father (b/c God will not be in the presence of sin) to finish the plan of salvation for lost man. He provided the only path to God and heaven. Up to this point dead according to the bible, dead people went to Sheol(Hell) or Paradise (not heaven). You probably heard the rest, three days later he was risen from the dead - therefore; defeating death. He stuck around for 40 days afterwards visiting different people before ascending to heaven in front of witnesses and saying "I'll be back."

As far as I can tell it looks like the bible is a personal letter from God to His creation saying, "Hey, I know you screwed this up, but I can fix it. All the rules and everything I provided along the way was to show you how to get the most from life, with the least amount of stress. Only I know you are human and incapable of doing it. Don't worry, I've got a plan for that too."

- The Old testament is what is called the Age of Law (10 commandments)(animal blood sacrifices to temporarily forgive the sin for the Jews). The new testament is the Age of Grace (invitation for everyone, not just the Jews). All you have to do is ask to be saved. There are seven more years (to happen shortly, no one knows exactly when -- but is close) that God will be finished dealing with the Gentiles (non Jews) and will turn his attention back to the Jews to finish their 490 years of punishment for the last time they messed it up. They have been on hold at 483 years (the book of Daniel). That last seven years of the 490 years is what is called the Tribulation according to the bible. (Book of Revelations) The worst time on Earth that will ever be.

Anyways, there are some rough spots in the bible, hard to get through and I did not elaborate on everything I came across by no means. But people keep acting like the little fat kid on the couch meme shaking uncontrollably every time someone mentions the bible or Jesus. I figure at some point-in-time TW would get passed the point of flinging shit every time someone mentions it. Lol, yet it is entertaining to watch the same responses every time.

Actually pick it up and read it for understanding. it may make make a difference, it may not. That's even in the bible.

Mark 4:11-12 ESV
And he said to them, “To you has been given the secret of the kingdom of God, but for those outside everything is in parables, so that “they may indeed see but not perceive, and may indeed hear but not understand, lest they should turn and be forgiven.”

All the people seem to be telling the same story in the bible. Pretty remarkable over that long of a period of time. The bible never changed. Only all the bs interpretations that came after it by power-hungry controlling people who take advantage of the uneducated masses. The bible comes down to a choice that will be made by every person that is at an accountable age. Either you believe and put your trust in Jesus and spend eternity in heaven or you don't and spend eternity in a place called the Lake of Fire that was created for Lucifer and his fallen angels. Nothing to serious I suppose...

2 Timothy 2:15 ESV
15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved,[a] a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

Sam has an interesting point-of-view and can also be pointed to:

Genesis 6:2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose.

The Sons of God are angels who left their first estate, putting on human form. Making Nephilim kids with human women. Men of renown. This is probably where we came up with the whole Greek, Norse, Roman mythology. It also pissed God off to the point where we get Noah's flood. It supposed got so bad, everything was being corrupted by these rebellious angels, nothing was safe and the only uncorrupted human DNA left was Noah's family.

Where stuff gets even more interesting is the extra details you get from reading the Book of Enoch, that is not part of the bible. You get a whole lot more details into before the flood stuff and giants, fallen angels and all that.

what catholics cover their hair

you mean the pope hat?
Nuns and Bishops plus in Christian Orthodoxy both males a females cover their domes. I think the Amish also do this as well as groups in India while in Asia, the men used to grow their hair long to mimic that of the female.

This commonality of covering the head between the people in different cultures in ancient times is theorized to be tied to Gen: 6 and to the Book of Enoch.

Sorry Bob, but I wish I knew where I read about all of this. If I did, I would send it your way, but this was a long time ago when I was into religious conspiracies and comparative mythology.

I still like reading about comparative mythology to this day. There has to be some truth in these old tales because the people from different parts of the world either tell similar stories of times of old or had similar customs in an era where there was (apparently) no way for them to communicate.

For instance: I recently learned about the ancient Pygmy war against the cranes. A tale told almost exactly the same between 3 cultures who during those times, had no way to communicate with the other culture. And some believe that from this tale, the story of the stork bringing the baby was born due to humans seeing a crane carrying a pygmy away from a battle.

:lol:

doesn't greek mythology predate christianity by like 1000 years?
I am currently going through a Greek mythology phase and can't get enough of it. :lol:

EanEGPf.jpg

Book is awesome, btw.

And yes, it predates Christianity by at least 1k years.

so greek mythology was based on christian nephilim stories from 1000 years later?

it's a fun rabbit hole to go down - check out dionysus, its odd he has almost the exact same story as jesus

and so does osiris, damuzi, murugan etc

heck the jesus birth/resurrection story can be traced back as far as the 'green man' which predates pretty much everything

odd how the same stories repeat in various religions, sometimes thousands and even tens of thousands of years before they're attributed to the latest religious fad

even batman is pretty much camazotz from mayan mythology

Bat%20Mask.jpg

so greek mythology was based on christian nephilim stories from 1000 years later?
Genisis is the 1st book in the Torah which predates Christianity over 1k years.

Edit*
Gen 6:
And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Last edited:
first testament refers to greeks and their gods a bunch

the flood story was originally greek too and probably based on real floods from glacial melting

its all the same shit just retold different ways by different cultures

first testament refers to greeks and their gods a bunch

the flood story was originally greek too and probably based on real floods from glacial melting

its all the same shit just retold different ways by different cultures
Completely agree. Same story told around the world. Something happened that caused the world to flood and those cultures that survived told tales about it.

Best theory I have read is the sun went micro-nova and caused tectonic plates to shift.

i lean more towards simple post glacial melt, since basically all cultures have developed around ports - if those ports all ended up underwater thats basically 'the world being wiped out'

and huge tsunamis caused by meteor strikes

and people making up myths to explain how seashells and fish fossils are found far inland etc

Completely agree. Same story told around the world. Something happened that caused the world to flood and those cultures that survived told tales about it.

Best theory I have read is the sun went micro-nova and caused tectonic plates to shift.

Coronal mass ejection seems more likely, or even a magnetic pole flip. We still don't fully understand what's happening with all that iron in the mantle and outer core. But considering most of the cultures we're talking about lived in the general vicinity of the Mediterranean it could be as simple as a regional climate event. The Bible's version of the flood myth talks about endless rain, a deluge. But it wouldn't necessarily have to be a (literally) global event to be understood and even recorded as one.

Coronal mass ejection seems more likely, or even a magnetic pole flip. We still don't fully understand what's happening with all that iron in the mantle and outer core. But considering most of the cultures we're talking about lived in the general vicinity of the Mediterranean it could be as simple as a regional climate event. The Bible's version of the flood myth talks about endless rain, a deluge. But it wouldn't necessarily have to be a (literally) global event to be understood and even recorded as one.

If you have the time, watch this video. It's amazeballs.

How about all those alien ufo videos all over the news? Do you believe in little aliens? Why now?
who is this directed to?

Also kudos on the “im not a bible thumper” angle. We wouldnt have guessed after the 3000 word essay on a gaming forum about jesus and bible verses.

who is this directed to?

Also kudos on the “im not a bible thumper” angle. We wouldnt have guessed after the 3000 word essay on a gaming forum about jesus and bible verses.

I was talking to you Pagy. I saw it on Fox today and was wondering if you had an opinion on the whole every other week ufo, alien reports/leaks dropping in the media. Was curious where you stood on the subject. I don't have to guess your stance on the other subject.

Yeah, I'm not really "a bible thumper", but when I have something to say, I say it.

I was talking to you Pagy. I saw it on Fox today and was wondering if you had an opinion on the whole every other week ufo, alien reports/leaks dropping in the media. Was curious where you stood on the subject.
i havent given it much thought tbh. Theres no real evidence of much other than say, legitimate and credible sources saw things they don’t understand. Which is evidence of nothing, really.

If you want to take one step of faith and say something was seen, its far more likely its experimental aircraft and these are nothing more than test flights.

That is, of course, if there even was something. Of which there is little evidence.
I don't have to guess your stance on the other subject.
what other subject? Your belief in magic or your denial of cellular division?
Yeah, I'm not really "a bible thumper", but when I have something to say, I say it.
no its fine dude it’s completely normal to write essays about bible verses.

Back