[Interesting Predicament] Ex versus Roommate

dooster

Veteran X
I got a text from my ex girlfriend (dated for 3 years in college but I dumped her about 6 months ago) telling me the following story:

She's interviewing for a very competitive equity trading position in Chicago and as she is walking into the interview room, my best friend and roommate from school is walking out of the room. They were both interviewing for the same job.

They both graduated in May and are looking for full time jobs. To the naked eye, both of them are very good students and have good resumes. I, on the other hand, know that there is absolutely zero comparison between the two.

He's infinitely smarter and better suited for the job. He will be the smartest hire a company could ever make and she'd be a liability. She was an accounting major who got good grades and interned at big 4 firms the last 2 summers in Chicago but literally knows NOTHING about finance/trading/equity markets. He was a Finance and Real Estate double major that wakes up every morning and reads the journal front to back and makes his trades for the day before I even wake up. He's a machine when it comes to this stuff and has been trading his own money for years (made close to 60 grand on the side just messing with the money he made from his internships at the merc.)

I highly doubt she'd get the job over him simply because he is so much more accomplished and knowledgeable... BUT she does have the words "swimsuit model" on her resume. That could be the difference right there. They both got asked back for a second round.

If they do end up hiring her over him, I am tempted to write them a letter informing them how absolutely retarded they are. The other interesting situation is if they BOTH get the job. Both have serious boyfriends/girlfriends but it would still be weird. Maybe they'll end up together :shrug:

So the question is:
ex versus roommate
beauty versus brains
girl versus guy

Let's see how it plays out.

Cliffs:
Ex and roommate are randomly interviewing for same job
He's much smarter than she is but she might get hired cause she is hot
Could get interesting :popcorn:

Spoiler

so he wakes up and day trades based on what he reads in the wall street journal?

i sincerely doubt there's a successful day trader in the entire world who would read the entire journal while the markets are open.

this story sounds like a bunch of bullshit.

yawn

she's your ex. get over it.

Get over what? I broke up with her and since upgraded. We're still friends either way and could get her back instantly if I wanted.

Spoiler

so he wakes up and day trades based on what he reads in the wall street journal?

i sincerely doubt there's a successful day trader in the entire world who would read the entire journal while the markets are open.

this story sounds like a bunch of bullshit.

No no no. The way I wrote it, I made it seem like he's successful trading his own money directly because he reads the journal. Obviously it helps enormously in terms of following the markets and such but he's learned most of what he knows from his internships/studies/parents.

Get over what? I broke up with her and since upgraded. We're still friends either way and could get her back instantly if I wanted.

Spoiler

It's my impression that you're not really over her...

he probably bought some forex software off an 800 number he found on cnbc and started lying about all the money he made trading

Back