Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Mass Effect 2
Page 8 of 56
JJPHATX
VeteranX
Old
141 - 01-25-2010, 22:02
****ing sweet I'm gonna get it this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoe View Post
you don't need it

Mass Effect Community - Mass Effect 2 DRM and PC requirements Announced

Sponsored Links
TF_Grungir
VeteranXV
Old
142 - 01-26-2010, 00:34
the packaging for the CE is really nice.
just got done typing in the 50 codes...
18% done installing to HD since my xbox sounds like a ****ing jet engine when the disc runs.
we will see how that works out since it is a 2 disc game

Kalyx
VeteranX
Old
143 - 01-26-2010, 00:39
I highly recommend taking Garrus and Tali as partners when you are walking around the citadel. If you've played the first game, there is an extremely funny conversation that they had when I was going either up or down the stairs to one of the other levels.

Also, the combat kicks ass

Denver
VeteranXX
Old
144 - 01-26-2010, 05:36
I must say.
This is probably the best made game on the PC in a long time.
Level design is superb, music is superb, voice acting, atmosphere is great and you can have lesbian sex. Also very much thought is put on the world and how it functions in game.
Side missions are much more interesting than in ME 1 and so far I've enjoyed all of em.

However I am not sold on the main plot yet... will not spoil anything here.

Overall I think it's a great ****ing game and anyone thinking if they should buy this, yes you should!

WarBuddha
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
145 - 01-26-2010, 06:00
Five hours till gamestop opens :o

FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Old
146 - 01-26-2010, 06:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordos View Post
What determines when Steam officially unlocks the game?
It's usually whenever the **** they feel like it.

SL83
VeteranXV
Old
147 - 01-26-2010, 09:26
I'm buying it later today.

I hope I don't have to restart my game to get the special collector edition items.

Fox k
Veteran++
Old
148 - 01-26-2010, 10:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL83 View Post
I'm buying it later today.

I hope I don't have to restart my game to get the special collector edition items.
I will probably copy my save files, uninstall the old, install the new, then copy the saves back.

Wrathchild
VeteranXV
Old
149 - 01-26-2010, 12:07
Mine just arrived

MuNansen
VeteranX
Old
150 - 01-26-2010, 12:10
Glad you guys are liking it.

- re: the collision bugs, we definitely didn't realize the extent of it before ship. What I'm actually most shocked about is the hard crashes and sound cutting out I've heard about. I definitely didn't hear anything about problems like that, nor did I ever see them. Makes me think something went wrong with the disc production, especially since a lot of sound streams from the disc. The only reassurance I can offer is that we did, though, fix some pretty huge bugs we found at the last minute before ship, so at least we got those out of the way.

- I didn't work on the sex scenes. Later on I'll list the stuff I worked on. Don't want to now for fear of spoilers.

Die Hard
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
151 - 01-26-2010, 12:14
the only time i crashed was when I tried to move a skill on my bar (think it was unity) to a different slot on the bar

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
152 - 01-26-2010, 12:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuNansen View Post

- re: the collision bugs, we definitely didn't realize the extent of it before ship. What I'm actually most shocked about is the hard crashes and sound cutting out I've heard about. I definitely didn't hear anything about problems like that, nor did I ever see them. Makes me think something went wrong with the disc production, especially since a lot of sound streams from the disc. The only reassurance I can offer is that we did, though, fix some pretty huge bugs we found at the last minute before ship, so at least we got those out of the way.

- I didn't work on the sex scenes. Later on I'll list the stuff I worked on. Don't want to now for fear of spoilers.
it seems most of these guys with issues are playing the warezed version....so the issues they are seeing may be part of SecuROM. I know for Damnation we put in all kinds of crazy **** that would happen if you played the warez version.

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
153 - 01-26-2010, 12:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuNansen View Post

Aw, I thought you were in charge of the sex scenes You could post what you worked on in a spoiler tag. That'll keep everyone happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Haggis? View Post
it seems most of these guys with issues are playing the warezed version....so the issues they are seeing may be part of SecuROM. I know for Damnation we put in all kinds of crazy **** that would happen if you played the warez version.
They're not using SecuROM for ME2. Just a standard disc verification.

Arcanox
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
154 - 01-26-2010, 12:29
I'll be picking this up later, but I wanted to know how the 2 disc thing works when installing to the HD.

Do they allow you to install both disks to the HD, and just keep 1 disc in the entire time?

Die Hard
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
155 - 01-26-2010, 12:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Haggis? View Post
Mine's working perfectly fine, I've crashed only once as mentioned above, and as xcursion said it's not even securom. The only buggy thing so far is the occasional stuck issue, I managed to unstuck myself everytime it happened by just moving around a lot and eventually you get out. Don't think I'll even bother reinstalling the game when my copy arrives tomorrow since it's basically the same thing as the warezed one.

Wrathchild
VeteranXV
Old
156 - 01-26-2010, 13:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcanox View Post
I'll be picking this up later, but I wanted to know how the 2 disc thing works when installing to the HD.

Do they allow you to install both disks to the HD, and just keep 1 disc in the entire time?
Assuming you mean the 360 version, I've read that you still need to do disc swaps, it just reduces the load times. I've also read that there are only two disc swaps during the course of the game - from disc 1 to disc 2 about 1/3rd through the game and then back to disc 1 near the end. If that's correct it shouldn't be a big deal, only two swaps in a 30+ hour game.

SL83
VeteranXV
Old
157 - 01-26-2010, 13:57
I went to 4 different stores with my co-workers. 2 best buys and a toys r us and a target.

No one had the collector's edition even though they said they did on the web and when I called.

So I just bought the regular one from best buy - and then when I got back to the office I ordered the collector's edition from best buy's website.

If they get it, I'll go in and return it and swap. If not - I'll just stick with this one.

I'm already 19 hours into the game.

Navarone
VeteranX
Old
158 - 01-26-2010, 14:04
I'm getting the physx error too - anyone know a fix? This is why I hate buying games on pc. I should have gotten it for 360, they aren't having any problems.

Kalyx
VeteranX
Old
159 - 01-26-2010, 14:04
I'm about 20 hours in right now for the 360 version, and I am loving it so far.

However, I absolutely hate scanning planets for resources. At first I thought it was a cool and immersive way for you to get them rather than just clicking on the planet, but that thought died after the second planet. It completely disrupts the flow of the game. I'll be having such a blast with the story and side missions, and then I'll want to upgrade my weapons and whatnot. Instant snoozefest (and yes, I already have the upgrade to make it go "faster"...really doesn't help that much).

Seriously though, how the hell did this make it past you guys? That many people cannot really find it enjoyable throughout the whole game...right? I'd like to hear other's people's opinions on this, because other than this, I am completely in love with the game.

I'm really worried about it affecting my second, third, fourth playthroughs, because I really don't want to have to spend that much boring time on each character scanning the effing planets for resources.

Die Hard
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
160 - 01-26-2010, 14:06
agreed, scanning planets is by far the ****tiest part of the game, it's way worse than ME1 where you just drop into random planets with your buggy and find ****.

Need some kind of option to set to unlimited resources

Page 8 of 56

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Mass Effect 2

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
sl83 , yarr matey i banged katie