Ted Kaczynski wrote a letter about his Prison buddy, Timothy McVeigh by Reggs - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Ted Kaczynski wrote a letter about his Prison buddy, Timothy McVeigh
Page 2 of 2
bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
21 - 09-27-2021, 00:16
wow its like being 14 all over again

Sponsored Links
Denver
VeteranXX
Old
22 - 09-27-2021, 03:47
Btw Reggs you realize that the part worth engaging in Teds work didn't originate from him.

It was le french again with Jacques Ellul and his The Technological Society
Ellul's the better person to look into if you want a serious discussion of those ideas. Ellul himself was a little out there and so hasn't really been engaged with wholesale by critical theorists, but you can see his influence on people like Paul Virilio, some media theorists, and a lot of theologians

HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
23 - 09-27-2021, 05:26
What do the Amish and Mennonites and le french say about ****ing your sister, reggs?

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
24 - 09-27-2021, 07:28
incel dumperpumper wants a sister sooooo bad

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
25 - 09-27-2021, 08:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post
I'm not sure what your meaning is in the second half. I was not really speaking about America specifically. I think conservatives in general kind of get sucker punched by how fast technology changes things. The few conservatives getting it right when it comes to tech being Amish, Mennonites ect...

Conservatives care deeply about what is true, but not about creating a consensus of context around anything, which is what technology does. That's why they lose and can't conserve culture. I just consider myself right wing these days. Conservatism is silly.
You're talking about social conservatism and religious conservatism, which the first stems from the second.

I think it's pivotal to always use the proper qualifiers on that term.

If Ted wasn't talking about politics (governing bodies), then he's talking about people. And what the **** is a conservative? Who defines that for people individually? Are there people out there that walk around constantly opposing any sort of change or improvement? No. And even if there are rare individuals who are just 100% opposed to any change, I don't recognize them as anything politically. Normally these are just stubborn really old people. Religious conservatives are defined by their religious rules.

So like I've said before, when you're discussing politics, the only thing that matters is government's role, not arbitrary notions of how "conservative" some people are when it comes to <insert whatever nonsense about technology advancing here>. It's irrelevant.

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
26 - 09-27-2021, 08:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by amRam View Post
whats your idea of a conservative gov
A small government.

absent
VeteranXX
Old
27 - 09-27-2021, 08:55
"Conservatives are fools" is the moist poignant criticism Ted ever gave. Conservatives are fools because they self-identify with capitalism, which is in direct opposition to tradition. G.K. Chesterton wrote about it in 1935:

Quote:
It cannot be too often repeated that what destroyed the Family in the modern world was Capitalism. No doubt it might have been Communism, if Communism had ever had a chance, outside that semi-Mongolian wilderness where it actually flourishes. But, so far as we are concerned, what has broken up households and encouraged divorces, and treated the old domestic virtues with more and more open contempt, is the epoch and Power of Capitalism. It is Capitalism that has forced a moral feud and a commercial competition between the sexes; that has destroyed the influence of the parent in favour of the influence of the employer; that has driven men from their homes to look for jobs; that has forced them to live near their factories or their firms instead of near their families; and, above all, that has encouraged, for commercial reasons, a parade of publicity and garish novelty, which is in its nature the death of all that was called dignity and modesty by our mothers and fathers.”"]“It cannot be too often repeated that what destroyed the Family in the modern world was Capitalism. No doubt it might have been Communism, if Communism had ever had a chance, outside that semi-Mongolian wilderness where it actually flourishes. But, so far as we are concerned, what has broken up households and encouraged divorces, and treated the old domestic virtues with more and more open contempt, is the epoch and Power of Capitalism. It is Capitalism that has forced a moral feud and a commercial competition between the sexes; that has destroyed the influence of the parent in favour of the influence of the employer; that has driven men from their homes to look for jobs; that has forced them to live near their factories or their firms instead of near their families; and, above all, that has encouraged, for commercial reasons, a parade of publicity and garish novelty, which is in its nature the death of all that was called dignity and modesty by our mothers and fathers.”
It's capitalism which destroyed tradition. It's capitalism which destroyed dignity and modesty.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
28 - 09-27-2021, 09:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Validuz View Post
A small government.
whatever that is

Gandalf
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
29 - 09-27-2021, 11:02
Conservatives don't fear technology. Don't lump us in with the Amish. And technology has nothing to do with conservative thoughts (in general, I can't account for crazy).

Conservatives are the old liberals, what you'd call libertarian today. Don't tread on me. Leave me alone. Don't tell me what to do. Quit forcing me to pay for, and support issues I don't agree with. Let me live my life how I want. Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have.

Want to do drugs? Fine. Just don't expect society to bail you out when you overdose.

Boyfriend got you pregnant and you want an abortion? Fine, just don't make taxpayers fund it. And don't expect society to raise the kid either. Decisions have consequences. You are not a victim, except of yourself. Our society is too busy enabling bad behavior, out of some sort of misguided idea of compassion.

And society has lost manners and politeness as virtues. People don't open doors for each other. They don't care about anything but themselves. They don't say please, or thank you, or address people by sir or ma'am. It's instead a society of victimhood, of narcissistic lazy assholes crying about how life is unfair. Grow the **** up.

I don't give a **** about your skin color, or where you're from, or who or what you ****. I don't care how much money you make, or what job you have or what god you pray to.

Just leave me the **** alone.

But I will help people where I can, if I can, as far as their necessity requires and my ability permits. But only those that can't help themselves. That leech sitting on the sidewalk begging for money as they light up their meth pipe with their grubby ****stained hands isn't getting a single penny or compassion out of me. If they die, it's one less wart on the ass of society.

Well, that's my thoughts on what it means to be a conservative. At least what my outlook on life is about. And nothing I just wrote had anything to do with technology.

SecretSquirrel
VeteranXV
Old
30 - 09-27-2021, 11:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowl of blood View Post
wow its like being 14 all over again
Yeah these guys were pretty odd. Remember when this guy was mailing bombs to people he didn't like and killing them? Then he sort of complains about how another guys is a little off, like talking about shooting a 30-06 with ap rounds at a tank.

I remember in 1994 pulling in at Oklahoma City in early July to get my fuel pump changed out. I had my car serviced in the garage that McVeigh parked in front of to light his bomb.

I walked up around the federal building to find a place to eat, and had my short Army haircut and kind of looked like a federal employee or off duty policeman. When I walked around the building there were these two guys on the other side of the street, and they were looking at the building. They saw me and turned around and walked away real quick. It was probably McVeigh and his buddy.

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
31 - 09-27-2021, 12:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by amRam View Post
whatever that is
Founding of the US?

What is a conservative then? What is anything? Who can define any remotely reasonably to satisfy everyone? The one thing you can remove from a definition to make it better is subjective views of people. They're always too unique.

Small government can be subjective, but at least it's something somewhat measurable. Who weighs a social conservative vs a religious conservative. They're nonsense.

Last edited by Validuz; 09-27-2021 at 12:15..
Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
32 - 09-27-2021, 12:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by absent View Post
"Conservatives are fools" is the moist poignant criticism Ted ever gave. Conservatives are fools because they self-identify with capitalism, which is in direct opposition to tradition. G.K. Chesterton wrote about it in 1935:

It's capitalism which destroyed tradition. It's capitalism which destroyed dignity and modesty.
Nonsense again. It was Marxists who started separating men and women.

"It has driven men from their homes to look for jobs!"

OH HEAVENS NO! HOW EVIL!! BOY, BEFORE CAPITALISM, MEN DIDN'T HAVE TO LEAVE HOME AND WORK!!!

Ugh, retarded.

The only thing that "destroys" tradition (not all are good) is time and influence.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
33 - 09-27-2021, 12:47
Typical absent retard nonsense

HardDrive
VeteranXX
Old
34 - 09-27-2021, 21:32
If self-determination and freedom are your goals then the majority of tradition is basically historically bad and technology is historically good and they are often at odds with each other, in no small part because many technologies have liberated people from especially tyrannical traditions

Conservative is usually a messy word to use because American Conservatives often value historically Liberal traditions and "Liberals" often don't

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
35 - 10-12-2021, 00:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardDrive View Post
Conservative is usually a messy word to use because American Conservatives often value historically Liberal traditions and "Liberals" often don't

Page 2 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Ted Kaczynski wrote a letter about his Prison buddy, Timothy McVeigh

Social Website Bullshit