Food Rituals

Brasstax

Contributor
Veteran XX
#1 THE FROZEN POT PIE RITUAL

I like to get mine all nice and crusty / crispy. (Conventional oven, no microwave at my place)

I carefully remove it from it's oven container and transfer it into a bowl.
I keep the top side up and don't break it.

I may do the above onto a plate if I am adding mashed potatoes, and veggies but most of the time, it goes into a bowl. In either case, I try to keep it intact. I go so far as to cut away the side of the container if it is stuck. Then, slide it to its destination.

If I am doing the bowl, I then do the following:
I use a fork to carefully detach the top middle part by going around the inside of the pie circle. I keep the pastry edges intact.

Now, I will break up the top part and mix it into the middle bit.

I eat most of that and then start curling in the pastry crust from the tops and sides. Breaking it up. Adding some more salt and pepper as needed.

At the very end, all that is left is the bottom pastry crust in the shape of a circle. I will fold that in half and eat it in one bite.

That is my FROZEN POT PIE ritual.

I made lasagna one time while we were camping. The pan I chose wouldn't fit into the trailer oven. I had only 1 choice, transfer to smaller pan and the only way to pull that off was to flip the lasagna into the other pan, upside down.

I don't know what changes but I have made upside down lasagna ever since

the malding chudfluffing hogtender has spoken

Luckily, My "Rainbow Wonder Filter TM" protects me from
  • Pedophiles
  • Creepers
  • The Morbidly Unfunny
  • The Clinically Negative
  • The Hateful
  • Bad Trolls
  • and Broken Record Bots

Last edited:
I don't have a category for "malding chudfluffing hogtender" but I can guess.
I think they meet the description of Morbidly Unfunny, Clinically Negative, Bad Troll and Broken Record. Occasionally I will turn it off to review. And, if perhaps someone has turned a new leaf, I will take them out of the filter pool and put them in the big pool again. I haven't done it yet because Pignore is new to me after all these years. It does help to make TW more enjoyable for me, though. So, I am in no rush to review.

I put food in my mouth and then chew it. That's my food ritual.

C'mon. Let's say you have a plateful of breakfast.

Maybe a ham and cheese omelette, some bacon, some hash browns, a couple of pieces of toast and a cup of coffee. Are you saying that you randomly consume all of that without any identifiable pattern? No preferred methodology?

If you ever eat Ortolan, a small finch-like bird that is cooked and eaten whole, you are required to put a napkin or towel on your head to hide your sin from God.

u had damn well better have made that pot pie in a bigly batch of pies and put it in the freezer b/c if ur not eating wholemaid pot pie ur eating some dollar store banquet brand shit

Back