Page 4 of 5
JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
61 - 12-07-2021, 06:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by absent View Post
That's correct, 1 hour of paddling casually is better for your heart and burns more fat than 1 hour of rigorous paddling with a lot of resistance. All fat burning exercise must be low effort long duration.
Yeah no. You should maybe take an a&p class...or read an exercise book from the latter part of the 20th century

Sponsored Links
Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
62 - 12-07-2021, 06:34
That's kinda what I said.

LGBR
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
63 - 12-07-2021, 06:50
DID YALL JUST BECOME BEST FRIENDS

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
64 - 12-07-2021, 06:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGBR View Post
DID YALL JUST BECOME BEST FRIENDS
I have a lot of admiration for Juggs after what he's been through, to still be looking after his health is beyond what anyone would expect.

So yeah people can change their opinions of others. I remember you and I going at each other in here 10 years ago. All it took was a few beers

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
65 - 12-07-2021, 09:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchdubai View Post
DERP. If your end goal is to be a good runner, then running is the best way to achieve that. If your goal is more or less anything else, such as general fitness and strength, fat burning, looking good in your micro-speedos etc., then there are far better ways than running.
VANSTER GET IN HERE AND TELL THIS FAT OLD BOOMBER ABOUT RUNNING IN DUBAI IN THE 70s

LGBR
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
66 - 12-07-2021, 09:51
Quote:
I have a lot of admiration for Juggs after what he's been through, to still be looking after his health is beyond what anyone would expect.

So yeah people can change their opinions of others. I remember you and I going at each other in here 10 years ago. All it took was a few beers
hell yeah buddy

FiEND
VeteranXX
Old
67 - 12-07-2021, 10:01
lol

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
68 - 12-07-2021, 14:48
lgbr's judgment has been v impaired by jap brainwashing

dood's getting excite about gas station chicken sammy b/c they have no popeyes in japan

absent
VeteranXX
Old
69 - 12-07-2021, 23:00
Quote:
That's 1970s science. Strength training and HIIT are far better fat burners when combined with the right nutrition.
No, that's literally every single study on it. Slow and steady is the best way to activate fat cell metabolism.

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
70 - 12-07-2021, 23:07
Quote:
No, that's literally every single study on it. Slow and steady is the best way to activate fat cell metabolism.
There seems to be plenty of contradictory info out there, much of it depending on what the writer is trying to sell. However the simple answer is do all of it, mix it up and keep it interesting. Slow steady cardio is boring as **** and the vast majority of people will never keep that up long enough to make a difference if that's all they are doing. Gotta keep the workouts interesting. I had an awesome PT for 18 months and never did 2 workouts the same. If I spent my life walking inclines on a treadmill, well, I just wouldn't.

absent
VeteranXX
Old
71 - 12-07-2021, 23:16
Every high level bodybuilder does slow and steady. They'll walk 3 hours at a pace where they barely develop sweat. There's no argument there. The industry is full of bull****, but just look at what the top level people do.

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
72 - 12-07-2021, 23:22
Quote:
Every high level bodybuilder does slow and steady. They'll walk 3 hours at a pace where they barely develop sweat. There's no argument there. The industry is full of bull****, but just look at what the top level people do.
Sure, their whole life is the gym, no day jobs, that's a little different. Most people can't afford to do 2 hours of weights and then hang around on the treadmill for the rest of the day. And they have a different mindset to most people who just want to stay in shape while having a job and kids to take care of.

But really if you're not Mr. Olympia and time is tight you're better off getting the high calorie burn from weights / HIIT combined with the afterburner effect. If you have time to throw in 30-45 minutes of slow cardio at the end of course it will help.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
73 - 12-07-2021, 23:33
Overweight midget with back problems offering advice on lifting and fitness.

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
74 - 12-07-2021, 23:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmatic View Post
Overweight midget with back problems offering advice on lifting and fitness.
Rusty old **** shepherd thinks you can get fit by doing menial **** in the yard.

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
75 - 12-07-2021, 23:55
u rly can get fit working automotive bruh, i'm way less noodly these days and it's all thanx 2 work b/c u kno i'm not going 2 a gym as a midlife crisis incel

lube rack @ steelership can have u lifting 22" poser fag truck wheels w/ the fking bfg lt tires up 2 head lvl all day and it's basically like crossfit but u get paid 2b retarded w/ ur exercise routine

Last edited by Edofnor; 12-07-2021 at 23:59..
Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
76 - 12-08-2021, 03:52
Hey absent what are your thoughts on these new? supplements that claim to aid sleep and rev up metabolism at night to burn fat. There are a couple on the market and if you believe the reviews.... well you know the rest. Sounds counterintuitive. Think I know your answer but interested. I could certainly use better sleep.

absent
VeteranXX
Old
77 - 12-08-2021, 07:15
Virtually every pill and powder the supplement industry pushes is good old fashioned snake oil. The few exceptions are things which have an array of studies behind them, like protein powder and creatine. BCAAs are also good but the thing is you don't need those if you eat a good profile of meat, fish and poultry. BCAA supplements are literally ground up horse hair, imagine the margins on that.

Some more natural methods of improving sleep are not using computers for an hour before bedtime and not eating or drinking 3 hours before. You're old enough that I say you just get on TRT. The quality of life improving effects of exogenous testosterone cannot be overstated. I could talk about them, but nobody ever believes it until they get on. Just make sure to get regular bloodwork. Anabolic steroids are not to be taken lightly. I recommend Anabolic Doc on youtube. He might be able to get you in touch with a doc who knows what's up.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
78 - 12-08-2021, 10:15
Quote:
High level body builders dont walk to lose weight. And when they go slow and steady', they aren't talking about cardio, they are talking about lifting for mass which is generally low number of slow controlled reps. But they part you're leaving out is the 'intensity'. They aren't doing low number of slow reps with light weight, they are doing it with heavy weight...thereby increasing intensity.

absent
VeteranXX
Old
79 - 12-08-2021, 10:31
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I'm fairly sure there isn't a single IFBB bodybuilder today who does any other kind of cardio except slow walking on a treadmill or the equivalent on some other device. As far as weights go, there are different methods because if you're on roids, it doesn't matter how you lift, as long as you do it. Ronnie Coleman lifted so heavy he broke his body and can barely walk today. Jay and Heath were/are notoriously "lazy" lifters. Some guys lift heavy, some guys don't. All of them do low intensity cardio.

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
80 - 12-08-2021, 10:49
Absent is 100% correct on all of that, but for 99.9999% of the population, basing any of your training plan on what those guys do is gonna get you nowhere except maybe injured. Modern day roids changed everything. Find me a pic of Arnie or Franco or Sergio Oliva walking on a treadmill. **** even Dorian Yates for that matter.

Page 4 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page 80 Down.

Social Website Bullshit