[Legions] What pissses me off the most by Wish Bear - Page 12 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Legions] What pissses me off the most
Page 12 of 25
Blitz
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
221 - 06-27-2008, 10:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweeb View Post
Quick question:

Why is vagina a proper noun?
You're talking about stuff. Why? I'd much rather see your titties.

Sponsored Links
Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
222 - 06-27-2008, 10:33
Quote:
I actually played last night to figure out what all the fuss was about, and some guy got an MA on me and said, "Boom! Sky shot! O_o" That was my first negative about the game.

I actually think the skiing is kind of neat. Jet down is actually useful to gain speed (you're and idiot of you don't think so), and setting it up like tribes, I was hitting top speeds no problem. The weapons all seem off to me, I can't really explain it... but after about a half hour, I went and played some T1.

Playing T1, I realized I just think Legions has a lot of work that needs to be done to it. I was dueling in Legions, and it was like two guys bouncing on a trampoline with pea shooters for a good two minutes. It's as easy to lose momentum as it is to gain it, and it just doesn't jive with me. Something was just off about it.

I'm going to give it a couple more shots...

Oh, and people arguing Legions is not trying to be tribes is the most idiotic thing I think I've ever seen... Seriously?
Honestly, after playing Legions some parts of Tribes piss me off even more than they did before.

LT's quick and and easy to get into, but its featureless and monotonous. At least Legions is going to be improving (Bah, "Soon!") on that front. On the base end of things, the physics/jet balance **** you over if you're anything but light. Along with mine-disking, the game seems geared towards light dominance. Heavy has two typically useful roles: HoF and HO, with HO only being effective because of the tiny, easily-raped T1 maps. Medium's good for farming, and not much else. I put about twice as much effort in as the typical light just trying to have an overall useful game in med. There are some maps with excellent fatty cap routes, but other than going in anything other than light is usually like shooting yourself in the foot.

Just kind of kills a lot of the potential variety in the game. I love Tribes, but I can't stand it when people treat it like some godly pinnacle of perfection.

dweeb
VeteranXV
Old
223 - 06-27-2008, 10:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
You're talking about stuff. Why? I'd much rather see your titties.
No, honestly, I'm extremely curious why you capitalized the word 'vagina'

Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
224 - 06-27-2008, 10:36
Quote:
No, honestly, I'm extremely curious why you capitalized the word 'vagina'
Relax. He's just putting the ***** on a pedestal.

Blitz
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
225 - 06-27-2008, 10:37
Quote:
Oh, and people arguing Legions is not trying to be tribes is the most idiotic thing I think I've ever seen... Seriously?

Well considering the developer himself has stated this, and the only people saying "LOL YOU CANT BE TRIBES" all reside here. I'd say that it's a pretty stupid argument from the get go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MungeParty
I realize this is a bit late, but Legions isn't a Tribes sequel. I loved Tribes and if Legions fills a missing gap in old Tribes fans' gaming repertoire that's awesome, but it's not a sequel. It's heavily inspired by Tribes, but it's also heavily inspired by Thunderwalker and Shogo, which both predate Tribes. I realize Tribes is the center of the gaming universe for a handful of people, but Legions development started with a basic idea and some prototyping just like any game, at least since I've been working on the project. I realize there's some confusion due to the old tech demo from years ago (which had nothing to do with this game), but people are going to have to let that go.

That said, everyone is welcome to make suggestions for content they've liked in other games that they think might work with Legions (obviously, Tribes comparisons are bound to come up because there are a lot of parallels), but please make the distinction that Legions is not part of a series. This isn't slight of tongue, it's just the reality of the situation.

I don't want to come off like I'm bashing or scolding anyone (because I'm not), it's just that posts like these make me nervous that people expect Legions to be something it may never be. The decision not to clone Tribes was not made for legal reasons - we could've easily done that - we chose to do something different and I'm happy with that decision.

If you are expecting tribes like you remember it in 1998 and will only ***** if you don't get exactly that. Stop playing right now.

Zlex
VeteranXX
Old
226 - 06-27-2008, 10:50
Will you guys shut the **** up? You run around these threads acting like your opinion of the game is about to be monopolized by others.

1] People played the game
2] Some people thought it was a POS
3] Some people enjoyed the game
4] Some people enoyed the game but can't accept that other people didn't.

There is no conspiracy here -- I haven't recieved any PM's from TW COMMAND about how to weigh in on Legions, nor do I give a **** what the mob thinks of the game. I played it. It sucked. Hell, Legends was a more comprehensive game.

IMHO, releasing the game under this guise of "we are forever updating -- its not finished" was a piss-poor attempt to randomly shake out ideas from the community and hope that a good game results. I couldn't agree with you fanbois more -- this isn't Tribes, and the Dev's are banking on the fact that it is, and something will randomly make this game fun, like skiing did in Tribes. GG had an idea to make a FPS+Z game, but it ended there.

You like the game? Then play it. The fact that other people don't doesn't prevent you from playing it.

KryandArturo
VeteranX
Old
227 - 06-27-2008, 10:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampancy View Post
Many of you do hold Tribes in such high regard it's scary.
Ok.

Quote:
You can say Tribes was the epitome of the genre. Okay, cool, it was the best (and only) game of its genre until the sequel came along, which got modded and patched into decency. Yet despite the fact that T2 wasn't perfect out of the box, it still has its fair share of rabid fans. It turned into a pretty damn good game. Who's to say somewhere down the road, something better won't come out? It might not replace the time in your life that you played Tribes in, it might not replace downloading hudbots and scripts to make it considered "playable" by competition teams (I still find it hilarious that people had to change/add on to TEH BEST GAME EVAR so much), and it might not have the same feel to you, but that doesn't mean that when it comes, it won't be a better game.
I consider T1 and T2 to be the same game. When I say "Tribes" I am referring to both of them. Even in T2 base, the only difference was a couple new weapons/packs, and you moved slower. They really aren't different enough to consider separately when comparing them to any other game. Anyway, that said, the mod-ability of the game is part of what allowed it to be so awesome. It's not like the mods made any massive changes like Counter-Strike did to Half-Life, along with most other games with mods. The game was close enough to perfect on its own that only minor tweaks were ever put in place by/for the serious players. Combining the original release with minor changes made by the player base, the game was perfect. The only possible way for a game to be perfect in this genre is to be Tribes, exactly. It has already been defined. The only way Legions will ever be close is if they drop what they are doing and start copying all of the code from Tribes. It's pretty obvious that they are not going to, which makes it pretty obvious that Legions will always be second-rate, and not worth playing to anyone who isn't addicted to the genre and incapable of moving on. Furthermore, the whole "won't replicate the feeling of playing Tribes the first time" is not an argument that supports your side, so your side should probably stop using it. If I'm never going to enjoy it enough to really get into it like I did with Tribes, then why the **** would I play it? For fun? It's not fun. That's one thing they did copy from Tribes: the lack of fun for casual players.

Quote:
Legions is a chance to breathe life back into the genre. I enjoy FPS+Z combat in general, even if its not Tribes. When I play Halo 3, I prefer it with low gravity and rockets, just so I can MA people in the face. Generally speaking, jetpacks are a hell of a lot more fun than the AK-47's that 9/10 shooters have. Legions isn't perfect. Hell, it needs a lot of **** before it can be considered "great." But it has a ****load of potential, and until it becomes clear that its potential isn't going to be realized, there's no reason not to support it.
We don't need to breathe life back into the genre. It's dead, and we have already accepted that. Move on to one of the other million genres. If you ever have the yearning to play "FPS+Z" again, I'm sure you can find a couple people either playing or willing to play some Tribes with you at any given time for a little while. Personally, after 10 years, a "little while" is about all I need. And finally, it is already clear that Legions' potential is never going to be realized. At least, it is to all of us who aren't deluding ourselves and having faith that it will replace Tribes. They have one person working on it. They don't ****ing care. They are intent on making it a new game separate from Tribes, which as I already explained, is futile, and will be its downfall (probably among many other things).

Quote:
Tribes may be the best FPS+Z game to date. I won't argue with that. But hell, despite its lack of content, the basics of Legions aren't half bad. Despite its shortcomings, I can still jump on and play for a little while and have a legitimately fun time. Tribes is good. I like Tribes. But nobody's ever going to develop anything better than it in this genre if the whole concept of Tribes is regarded as toxic by game developers. Hence myself and others' hoping for Legions' success.
The whole concept of making a game skillful and competitive is regarded as toxic by game developers; it has nothing to do with just Tribes. As much as we'd all enjoy seeing FPS+Z games rise and take over the gaming industry, we don't ****ing care enough to become militant fan-boys of every single game in the genre. There are plenty of other fun genres out there. Furthermore, I already said I'm not going to settle for playing some second-rate ripoff. Tribes is the perfect game design possible in this genre. There will never be anything better. If you're telling me that making a game worse than Tribes succeed, when they could have just made Tribes again, is going to breathe life back into the genre, then please explain to me how this is going to result in any game that is anything more than second-rate without being Tribes.

Quote:
You want to talk delusional? Delusional is the poor ****ers that think T1 with updated graphics would be a success. At least Legions has a chance. Though apparently playing a decent-if-content-lacking game despite it not being as good as T1 qualifies as delusional these days.
I don't think T1 with updated graphics would be a success. It would have a much greater chance than Legions, but I'm sure it would still fail. I don't really care. I just think it's retarded for GarageGames to go around parading this game as "the spiritual successor to Tribes" when it is a crock of **** in comparison. They clearly don't want to make it like Tribes. The only reason they even use that tag line is to ensnare former Tribes players like us and try to convince us that this is going to replace our former favorite game. Well, it's not, and we're pissed that they keep trying to make their game out to be the next unofficial Tribes when it it ****ing isn't and never will be. To top it off, we have all of the people whom GarageGames did fool over here trying to tell us why this game is so great and we should just take it up the ass.

Quote:
You can claim whatever the **** you want. But you're working with opinions, not raw facts, so you haven't "shut down" anything unless you can argue your ****ing opinion well enough to actually convince somebody. Any questions?
Yeah, I got one. If you're arguing with someone blind, deaf, brainwashed, and with an IQ of 83 about the merits of science and philosophy in politics, and you can't convince them you're right, is it really your fault? Hypothetically speaking, of course.

Blitz
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
228 - 06-27-2008, 11:06
^^ Then why bother wasting your time and ****ting on legions threads? Just stay out of them. These threads, and the discussion of said game is for pepole who enjoy it. Consistently arguing with people who obviously enjoy the game and wish for it to succeed makes you far more pathetic looking than someone who enjoys it defending it.

Defend a game you enjoy or Rampantly **** all over it every chance you get?

Hmmm, that is a tuffy isn't it.

Tribes 1 Base was far from the epitome of the genre, especially considering you have what, 2 other games in the last 10+ years to judge it against? There is ALWAYS a chance that a game will come out that is similar to tribes in many regards that captures the same feeling of fun but with many different features.

If you honestly don't give a **** and you are "past" it. Then go, and keep your "I dont care, I love T1 waaa blah blah" bull**** to yourself.

I mean, it's absolutely retarded how elitist this community is and if anything one of, if not the biggest reason for the failure (relatively speaking) of every attempt at the game post T1. You guys are all a bunch of ****** assholes, and this self righteous T1 was the best game and took more skill than any game on the planet attitude is going to keep you and your T1 all cozy and close for the rest of your life. Some of you may be ok with memories and a repacked tribes 1 FTW, the majority of people who played and enjoyed ALL 3 TRIBES GAMES I'm sure disagree with the minority who post here and consider themselves the only authority on the subject.

Guess what, while you all sit here cockslapping each other high fives about your awesome T1 matches 8 years ago, everyone else will be moving on to another attempt and iteration of the game. So go ahead and sit atop your lonely little throne of gaming perfection

THIS GAME ISNT A ****ING TRIBES GAME, IT ISN'T A ****ING SEQUEL AND NOBODY CLAIMS THAT BUT YOU. So it isn't a half assed tribes rip off. It's a game coming completely into it's own with it's own unique twist and ideas, how this concept is so hard to grasp is really beyond me.

What is funny about all of this, is everyone rolls their eyes at my "you are doing it wrong" and "you must suck" positions in most cases, yet today in a server some random noob was sucking hardcore and I offered to help teach him how to ski.

"I played T1 for 9 years **** off I know what I'm doing" was his exact response. I said Ok, and let him try to cap the flag. He flew up to the flag stand, walked to the flag and I hit him in the face with a rocket. he bounced backwards and without even looking at me attempted to walk towards the flag again.

I asked him if he posted on TW and he said yes, but wouldn't tell me who he was. Gee I wonder why.

I again, offered some help and again I got the "dude, I've played tribes for 9 years" response. But apparently his amazing vet++ T1 skills didn't do **** for him in this game, and I'm sure it's one of you ******s claiming the game takes no skill and is a tribes ripoff.

Way to suck big fat dick whoever you are.

Rev_Night
WelchesXV
Old
229 - 06-27-2008, 11:18
^^ yeah, not reading those two posts.

KryandArturo
VeteranX
Old
230 - 06-27-2008, 11:29
Man, cop-outs are a real buzz-kill, but I'll continue anyway.

Quote:
^^ Then why bother wasting your time and ****ting on legions threads? Just stay out of them. These threads, and the discussion of said game is for pepole who enjoy it. Consistently arguing with people who obviously enjoy the game and wish for it to succeed makes you far more pathetic looking than someone who enjoys it defending it.
Everything you just said is wrong and stupid. This thread is called "[Legions] What pissses me off the most". Yeah, sounds like a thread intended for people who enjoy the game. . It was intended for people to vent about how much they hate it. After that, your group is the one that came in here *****ing at everyone and starting **** trying to tell us why the game is so amazing and we're all wrong. Oh, and how convenient that your side of the argument is valiant and ours is "pathetic". I wish I knew that before I picked sides huh. I also wish I could randomly apply such standards to every argument I am in. Woo, that would make things so much easier. Good thing I'm not mentally challenged, so I don't need to. Even if this thread was for people to talk about how much they like Legions, it should be off of this ****ing forum and you retards need to go take it to the IA forums where people give a ****.

Quote:
Defend a game you enjoy or Rampantly **** all over it every chance you get?

Hmmm, that is a tuffy isn't it.
This is the first Legions thread I have ever posted in. I'm such a rampant lunatic.

Quote:
Tribes 1 Base was far from the epitome of the genre, especially considering you have what, 2 other games in the last 10+ years to judge it against? There is ALWAYS a chance that a game will come out that is similar to tribes in many regards that captures the same feeling of fun but with many different features.
Maybe, but Legions isn't it. Tribes had almost a decade of Tribes pros modifying it in every subtle way to turn it into the perfect game. You're trying to tell me that some random developer is going to release a game that captures the Tribes feel better than a game developed over a decade by people who are the foremost experts regarding the Tribes feel? So what if they game is mod-able. Next you're going ot tell me that the community can just mod the new game to make it perfect. Yeah, and you might be right. Want to know what their mods will do? Make it exactly like Tribes.

Quote:
If you honestly don't give a **** and you are "past" it. Then go, and keep your "I dont care, I love T1 waaa blah blah" bull**** to yourself.
I've got a better idea. I can say whatever the **** I want, and you can keep your "wah Legions doesn't suck it's awesome" bull**** to yourself, *******.

Quote:
I mean, it's absolutely retarded how elitist this community is and if anything one of, if not the biggest reason for the failure (relatively speaking) of every attempt at the game post T1. You guys are all a bunch of ****** assholes, and this self righteous T1 was the best game and took more skill than any game on the planet attitude is going to keep you and your T1 all cozy and close for the rest of your life. Some of you may be ok with memories and a repacked tribes 1 FTW, the majority of people who played and enjoyed ALL 3 TRIBES GAMES I'm sure disagree with the minority who post here and consider themselves the only authority on the subject.
, if this community is the reason for failure of all Tribes games, then maybe they should target the game at a different audience rather than coming and crying to us saying "HEY GUYS WE MADE A NEW GAME FOR YOU!!". Especially when the game they make is crap.

Quote:
Guess what, while you all sit here cockslapping each other high fives about your awesome T1 matches 8 years ago, everyone else will be moving on to another attempt and iteration of the game. So go ahead and sit atop your lonely little throne of gaming perfection
Correction, while you are all deluding yourself into thinking you can replicate the Tribes experience over and over again even after failing again and again for years and years, we will be moving on with our lives, and never talking about Tribes until you retards come crying to us and telling us to come play your ****ty games with you.

Quote:
THIS GAME ISNT A ****ING TRIBES GAME, IT ISN'T A ****ING SEQUEL AND NOBODY CLAIMS THAT BUT YOU. So it isn't a half assed tribes rip off. It's a game coming completely into it's own with it's own unique twist and ideas, how this concept is so hard to grasp is really beyond me.
Ok that was really retarded and I don't think you read all of my post, because I already addressed this there. They already admitted to ripping off Tribes by calling their game "Tribes-like". That's kinda the definition of "rip-off".

Rest of the post is boring.

Blitz
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
231 - 06-27-2008, 11:42
Quote:
Ok that was really retarded and I don't think you read all of my post, because I already addressed this there. They already admitted to ripping off Tribes by calling their game "Tribes-like". That's kinda the definition of "rip-off".

Sorry, but you fail. Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MungeParty
I realize this is a bit late, but Legions isn't a Tribes sequel. I loved Tribes and if Legions fills a missing gap in old Tribes fans' gaming repertoire that's awesome, but it's not a sequel. It's heavily inspired by Tribes, but it's also heavily inspired by Thunderwalker and Shogo, which both predate Tribes. I realize Tribes is the center of the gaming universe for a handful of people, but Legions development started with a basic idea and some prototyping just like any game, at least since I've been working on the project. I realize there's some confusion due to the old tech demo from years ago (which had nothing to do with this game), but people are going to have to let that go.

That said, everyone is welcome to make suggestions for content they've liked in other games that they think might work with Legions (obviously, Tribes comparisons are bound to come up because there are a lot of parallels), but please make the distinction that Legions is not part of a series. This isn't slight of tongue, it's just the reality of the situation.

I don't want to come off like I'm bashing or scolding anyone (because I'm not), it's just that posts like these make me nervous that people expect Legions to be something it may never be. The decision not to clone Tribes was not made for legal reasons - we could've easily done that - we chose to do something different and I'm happy with that decision.

Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
232 - 06-27-2008, 11:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryandArturo View Post
Ok.
I consider T1 and T2 to be the same game. When I say "Tribes" I am referring to both of them. Even in T2 base, the only difference was a couple new weapons/packs, and you moved slower. They really aren't different enough to consider separately when comparing them to any other game. Anyway, that said, the mod-ability of the game is part of what allowed it to be so awesome. It's not like the mods made any massive changes like Counter-Strike did to Half-Life, along with most other games with mods. The game was close enough to perfect on its own that only minor tweaks were ever put in place by/for the serious players. Combining the original release with minor changes made by the player base, the game was perfect. The only possible way for a game to be perfect in this genre is to be Tribes, exactly. It has already been defined. The only way Legions will ever be close is if they drop what they are doing and start copying all of the code from Tribes. It's pretty obvious that they are not going to, which makes it pretty obvious that Legions will always be second-rate, and not worth playing to anyone who isn't addicted to the genre and incapable of moving on. Furthermore, the whole "won't replicate the feeling of playing Tribes the first time" is not an argument that supports your side, so your side should probably stop using it. If I'm never going to enjoy it enough to really get into it like I did with Tribes, then why the **** would I play it? For fun? It's not fun. That's one thing they did copy from Tribes: the lack of fun for casual players.
Tribes isn't perfect. Game balance evolved to **** on anything that wasn't a light, and the only thing that made a heavy worth using is tiny, easily raped bases, and the fact that it's great for plopping down on a flag like an enormous boulder. Tribes 2 solved some of the armor balance issues, but ****ed up with RPS balancing for the missiles. The packs/weapons changed **** up relatively significantly, just like any new addition does that caters to a different style of play and seperate skillsets.

Quote:
We don't need to breathe life back into the genre. It's dead, and we have already accepted that. Move on to one of the other million genres. If you ever have the yearning to play "FPS+Z" again, I'm sure you can find a couple people either playing or willing to play some Tribes with you at any given time for a little while. Personally, after 10 years, a "little while" is about all I need. And finally, it is already clear that Legions' potential is never going to be realized. At least, it is to all of us who aren't deluding ourselves and having faith that it will replace Tribes. They have one person working on it. They don't ****ing care. They are intent on making it a new game separate from Tribes, which as I already explained, is futile, and will be its downfall (probably among many other things).
No, it isn't futile. A lot of players loved Tribes, and had a lot of fun playing it, but they don't all regard it as the holy ****ing Messiah of gameplay.

Quote:
The whole concept of making a game skillful and competitive is regarded as toxic by game developers; it has nothing to do with just Tribes. As much as we'd all enjoy seeing FPS+Z games rise and take over the gaming industry, we don't ****ing care enough to become militant fan-boys of every single game in the genre. There are plenty of other fun genres out there. Furthermore, I already said I'm not going to settle for playing some second-rate ripoff. Tribes is the perfect game design possible in this genre. There will never be anything better. If you're telling me that making a game worse than Tribes succeed, when they could have just made Tribes again, is going to breathe life back into the genre, then please explain to me how this is going to result in any game that is anything more than second-rate without being Tribes.
Why does it have to be Tribes? Tribes. Isn't. ****ing. Perfection. It had a formula that worked. It's all you're accustomed to, and all you've ever seen in the genre. That doesn't make it perfect.

If Legions stays the same as it is right now, no, it's not going to succeed. I'll agree a hundred percent with that. But it's only been in development for what, a few months? It'll grow. It'll change. And with luck, it'll grow and change into something far better than it is right now. If it didn't get finished for another year and a half, it would still have gotten completed in less time than plenty of titles out there. I defend the game against **** like "LOLZ IT SUX IT'LL NEVAR BE COMPLEET" and "WTFZ THERE AREN'T ROUTES" and "I GOT AN MA I'VE MASTERED TEH LEGIONS," and I acknowledge actual issues and problems where they exist. Where I'm wrong, I man up and admit it.

Quote:
I don't think T1 with updated graphics would be a success. It would have a much greater chance than Legions, but I'm sure it would still fail. I don't really care. I just think it's retarded for GarageGames to go around parading this game as "the spiritual successor to Tribes" when it is a crock of **** in comparison. They clearly don't want to make it like Tribes. The only reason they even use that tag line is to ensnare former Tribes players like us and try to convince us that this is going to replace our former favorite game. Well, it's not, and we're pissed that they keep trying to make their game out to be the next unofficial Tribes when it it ****ing isn't and never will be. To top it off, we have all of the people whom GarageGames did fool over here trying to tell us why this game is so great and we should just take it up the ass.
Nobody would play T1 with updated graphics except for the few pathetic, nostalgic fools whining for it. There would be nothing new to see, nothing new to try. Nobody else would come flocking back to it. It wouldn't have a chance of succeeding, period.

Quote:
Yeah, I got one. If you're arguing with someone blind, deaf, brainwashed, and with an IQ of 83 about the merits of science and philosophy in politics, and you can't convince them you're right, is it really your fault? Hypothetically speaking, of course.
Nope. If you're arguing with a normal, rational person of average intellect or higher and you can't convince them? Often times, yeah. You won't always be able to change somebody's mind, but if you actually present an argument instead of making a mere statement of opinion, you're in more of a position to claim you "shut down" something.

KryandArturo
VeteranX
Old
233 - 06-27-2008, 11:52
Quote:
Sorry, but you fail. Again.
Oh man, and I guess since OJ said he never killed anyone, he really never did.

KnightMare
VeteranX
Old
234 - 06-27-2008, 11:52
legions threads are worst than console fanboy threads

Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
235 - 06-27-2008, 11:53
Kryand, a head's up, nobody involved in Legions or IA ever called it Tribes-like that I know of. That was gaming websites/reviewers.

Feel free to link me to a statement that proves otherwise if I'm mistaken.

Blitz
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
236 - 06-27-2008, 12:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryandArturo View Post
Oh man, and I guess since OJ said he never killed anyone, he really never did.
Hmm, should I beleive random TW vet5, or the actual guy designing the game who I've spoken with.

Hmmm, thats ****ing though.

Teratos
Veteran5
Old
237 - 06-27-2008, 12:11
Wow, those posts are like some horrible combination of TseTse's multi-quoting power & SuicideTaxi's walls of text.

KryandArturo
VeteranX
Old
238 - 06-27-2008, 12:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampancy View Post
Tribes isn't perfect. Game balance evolved to **** on anything that wasn't a light, and the only thing that made a heavy worth using is tiny, easily raped bases, and the fact that it's great for plopping down on a flag like an enormous boulder. Tribes 2 solved some of the armor balance issues, but ****ed up with RPS balancing for the missiles. The packs/weapons changed **** up relatively significantly, just like any new addition does that caters to a different style of play and seperate skillsets.
Hmm, I think it's pretty clear which one of us never played Tribes competitively. That's not what happened at all.

Quote:
No, it isn't futile. A lot of players loved Tribes, and had a lot of fun playing it, but they don't all regard it as the holy ****ing Messiah of gameplay.
I guess we'll just have to see how Legions does then, huh. I won't be paying any attention, but I'm sure one of you will come running to this forum to tell us all about it.

Quote:
Why does it have to be Tribes? Tribes. Isn't. ****ing. Perfection. It had a formula that worked. It's all you're accustomed to, and all you've ever seen in the genre. That doesn't make it perfect.
This genre is not very broad. The very things that need to be present to make a game part of this genre already make it 1/3rd of the way to Tribes. There's not a whole lot you can do with the last 2/3rds that isn't really easy to see. There is a very very slight chance that some amazing breakthrough could happen, but it's not something that anyone is going to develop over time. It's something that has to be spontaneously discovered, like skiing. The only interesting new thing added in Legions is downward jetting, but that doesn't really change anything. It's just another button to press to help you go fast. Overdrive is like a stupid disc jump, and from what I hear it's not really a huge deal in terms of impacting the game. It's pretty easy to see that no such amazing breakthrough is present in Legions. Anyway, all that said, it's entirely likely that Tribes is the best game this genre will ever see.

Quote:
If Legions stays the same as it is right now, no, it's not going to succeed. I'll agree a hundred percent with that. But it's only been in development for what, a few months? It'll grow. It'll change. And with luck, it'll grow and change into something far better than it is right now. If it didn't get finished for another year and a half, it would still have gotten completed in less time than plenty of titles out there. I defend the game against **** like "LOLZ IT SUX IT'LL NEVAR BE COMPLEET" and "WTFZ THERE AREN'T ROUTES" and "I GOT AN MA I'VE MASTERED TEH LEGIONS," and I acknowledge actual issues and problems where they exist. Where I'm wrong, I man up and admit it.
Yeah I'm sure it will grow to be better than it is right now. It'll still be boring, and every time I play it I will stop soon after and play some Tribes just to remember what a real game of this genre is like.

Quote:
Nobody would play T1 with updated graphics except for the few pathetic, nostalgic fools whining for it. There would be nothing new to see, nothing new to try. Nobody else would come flocking back to it. It wouldn't have a chance of succeeding, period.
Plenty of people never played Tribes or even heard of it. If they marketed the game as something completely new and interesting, you could trick a lot of people into thinking that was the case. New people would be a lot more likely to play it than the average old Tribes players, even if it was a replica. Legions on the other hand, is the exact opposite, because they appear to be trying to appeal to Tribes people, but making the game non-Tribes. I really haven't seen a damn thing for advertising by them other than word-of-mouth, which is apparently as much bad as it is good, if not more so. Anyway, I already said I think they both would fail, so it doesn't really matter.

Quote:
Nope. If you're arguing with a normal, rational person of average intellect or higher and you can't convince them? Often times, yeah. You won't always be able to change somebody's mind, but if you actually present an argument instead of making a mere statement of opinion, you're in more of a position to claim you "shut down" something.
I guess everyone in the history of the internet, as well as most in the history of arguing at all, sucks cock at arguing then. Very rarely does anyone change there mind about anything, ever, with the sole cause of someone else convincing them to do so. If that was the basis for "shutting down" someone, then it would never happen. The real basis is when you make someone's point obsolete. At that point, they might still trying to argue it, but everyone else can clearly see that they are stupid.

KryandArturo
VeteranX
Old
239 - 06-27-2008, 12:18
Quote:
Hmm, should I beleive random TW vet5, or the actual guy designing the game who I've spoken with.

Hmmm, thats ****ing though.
It's a shame you can't just use your own brain and make the obvious decision for yourself.

Morbid
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
240 - 06-27-2008, 12:21
Here's the worst part of this ****ing game. I load the ****ing game and just before it lets me in it says "510 error" or some **** with no details.

Page 12 of 25

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Legions] What pissses me off the most

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
anal dog sex , badmofo is faggot , blitz sucks dev cock here , ender has herpes lol , fagmotron , free gon , i snipe cops , kill cops 4 great justice , legions , lolz browser , matthew dewald is fat , nerdvirgins , play in browser , rampancy sucks ia cock , t1>legions pos why play