Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Is a PS5 worth it yet?
Page 2 of 3
samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
21 - 01-24-2023, 17:41
If a new game comes out and it is offered on both platforms, I will buy it for the xbox.

Still not sure why Microsoft doesn't just outright buy Sony. They have more than enough money laying around.

Sponsored Links
Reggs
VeteranXX
Old
22 - 01-24-2023, 17:46
I don't get consoles anymore. If I had a PS5 though I'd probably mostly use it for those PS1 games you can play with updated graphics.

Flash
VeteranXX
Old
23 - 01-24-2023, 18:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post
I don't get consoles anymore. If I had a PS5 though I'd probably mostly use it for those PS1 games you can play with updated graphics.
Its all about the couch. Sitting a desk to have a keyboard / mouse takes away from the relaxing aspect of playing games and isn't needed unless playing an fps.

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
24 - 01-24-2023, 18:58
I just picked one up recently because I wanted to play new God of War and FF16 and the new remastered FF7 part 2 when it comes out, and a few other things that won't be available on PC for a year or two after it comes out on PS5. Also, to be able to play my PS4 games on a faster 120hz 4k system.

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
25 - 01-24-2023, 20:54
I don't see why they don't allow a keyboard/mouse on a console. Add 2 USB ports. GTA V plays on a steamdeck or PC with both. When I drive a car, it's with the controller. When I'm shooting people, it's with the keyboard/mouse. Therefore, I'd tell you to buy a steamdeck and install GTA V.

Last edited by NoGodForMe; 01-24-2023 at 21:02..
samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
26 - 01-24-2023, 20:58
I sit at my desk for 12 hours a day.

The last thing I want to do is sit at my desk for even longer so I can 'escape' the progressive nightmare world I currently live in.

Couch it is, even if it's 100x's harder to use a controller than K/M. Although, I am getting better at it or, so it would seem. I only died 10 times last time I fought Malenia, the ****ing *****asswhore****ass****!

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
27 - 01-24-2023, 21:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
I don't see why they don't allow a keyboard/mouse on a console. Add 2 USB ports. GTA V plays on a steamdeck or PC with both. When I drive a car, it's with the controller. When I'm shooting people, it's with the keyboard/mouse. Therefore, I'd tell you to buy a steamdeck and install GTA V.
cuz thats too hardcor for the normis and no1 buys em-- its been tried before. plus its extra work for devs.

KittyCat
VeteranXX
Old
28 - 01-24-2023, 21:51
Plus they normally dumb down keyboard mouse responsiveness so normies can compete otherwise keyboard mouse players would wreck normies

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
29 - 01-24-2023, 22:46
Forza Motorsport > Gran Turismo

fite me

Reggs
VeteranXX
Old
30 - 01-24-2023, 23:14
You can get Steam Link on a Firestick. It works, but my XBox controller wont connect via Bluetooth for whatever reason. I want to have a wooden face place for my controller to match my walnut coffee table.

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
31 - 01-25-2023, 08:27
I'm using a cheap keyboard and mouse I had laying around. I get that the devs would have to do more work, but Rockstar did it for GTA V. The PC and Console worlds are separate, that's how they make it fair. The Steamdeck is a PC, so it's in the PC world of GTA V. The controller and keyboard can work at the same time. There's menus to change the settings of each. They did a really good job of making the game work for console and PC. The only problem lately is people hacking into the servers and causing problems.

I don't see a wooden face plate for controllers. You can take a look here and then find them on Amazon.
8BitDo

Last edited by NoGodForMe; 01-25-2023 at 08:30..
Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
32 - 01-25-2023, 08:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by havax View Post
I just picked one up recently because I wanted to play new God of War and FF16 and the new remastered FF7 part 2 when it comes out, and a few other things that won't be available on PC for a year or two after it comes out on PS5. Also, to be able to play my PS4 games on a faster 120hz 4k system.
This.

Gandalf
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
33 - 01-25-2023, 10:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
I'm using a cheap keyboard and mouse I had laying around. I get that the devs would have to do more work, but Rockstar did it for GTA V. The PC and Console worlds are separate, that's how they make it fair. The Steamdeck is a PC, so it's in the PC world of GTA V. The controller and keyboard can work at the same time. There's menus to change the settings of each. They did a really good job of making the game work for console and PC. The only problem lately is people hacking into the servers and causing problems.

I don't see a wooden face plate for controllers. You can take a look here and then find them on Amazon.
8BitDo
Never heard of crossplay, eh?

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
34 - 01-25-2023, 10:26
What you do in your bedroom is your business.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
35 - 01-25-2023, 10:35
I have converted my couch into a submarine bridge for playing sub sims.
I have my lights on a controller so they flash when depth charges go off. All my dogs and cats know that when I say "rig for silent running" to quit moving around and go to their beds.

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
36 - 01-25-2023, 10:36
The ff7 remake is quite good. Also the graphic upgrades to ghost of tshima are awesome

Gandalf
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
37 - 01-25-2023, 12:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falhawk View Post
The ff7 remake is quite good. Also the graphic upgrades to ghost of tshima are awesome
I haven't looked at Ghost since I finished it on my PS4, I can't imagine how much better it could be, it was already amazing.

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
38 - 01-25-2023, 12:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falhawk View Post
Do you have to buy the PS5 version or does it upgrade to PS5 graphics when you already own the PS4 version?

My PS5 will be here tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
39 - 01-25-2023, 12:41
Some of the games had upgrades to them. Still have yet to replay Ghosts of Tsushima on the ps5.

Gandalf
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
40 - 01-25-2023, 12:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by havax View Post
Do you have to buy the PS5 version or does it upgrade to PS5 graphics when you already own the PS4 version?

My PS5 will be here tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.
How to upgrade Ghost of Tsushima from PS4 to PS5 | GamesRadar+

Apparently it costs $29.95 to upgrade to the director's cut if you own the original PS4 version of the game. The director's cut is the upgrade (with added bonus features and expansions) to the PS5 version. I haven't bought it yet, as I have too much other stuff to play as it is.

Page 2 of 3

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Is a PS5 worth it yet?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
flash thread = trash thread