No Laurie For Me (NLFM)

This was incredible.

Chastain got the idea from NASCAR 2005 on the Nintendo Gamecube. This is the first time someone has tried this in real life, and it worked. I downloaded that game and played it on my Steamdeck. Now they're calling the move a "Ross." In the interview, Ross said he put the car in 5th gear down the back stretch, floored it, and took his hands off the wheel.

I do this on the freeway, I call it the whisky throttle.

Installed GTA V on the steam deck. It looks and plays great. Steam is having a sale on the bundle for a few days. Yes, I know the game is free on Epic, but I wanted to install it through Steam. First I created my Rockstar account, then I installed the game. During the install you need your activation code for the game, and your user and PW for Rockstar. GTA 6 is due out in 2024.

I would install it but I don't know how. Is there a video explaining it?
Not really. I looked myself. There's a couple ways because when the steam deck first came out, people were installing the rockstar launcher, then loading GTA V through that. But now the game is on Steam for $14.99. There are 2 bundles you can get. One is the Shark card bundle for $29 which gets you extra cars and a garage. I got the Megalodon bundle for $59, which saves $50, and includes the Shark Card bundle and a bunch of cash to buy more stuff. The Steam sale runs through the 29th.

So what I did, was create my Rockstar Social account. Then I purchased and installed the game from Steam on the deck (to the SD card, 107 gigs). I launched the game and it will ask to log in to your rockstar account. I had trouble doing this because the keyboard wouldn't type, even after pressing Steam-X. I didn't have my dock with me. This would have helped using a keyboard and mouse. I restarted the deck, restarted the game, then the keyboard would work, where I could press the letters, and enter. Put the cursor in the e-mail box and press the right fire button twice, then you can bring up the keyboard. This is the tricky part, getting the keyboard to work on the boxes to enter the e-mail and password. When it asked if I wanted to save games to the social account, I said yes. The other option is to save to the deck only, but I said to the cloud. Then you have to enter your activation Key. It's 16 letters with a dash every 4. You'll find this key after you buy the game and check your steam library. I took a picture of my key before installing the game. If you enter the key correctly (dash between every 4 letters), the game will load and play. The install can be tricky, but the game does work once you get it installed. Be sure to have your Rockstar account created, have your user and PW ready, your 16 letter activation code for the game, and select cloud saves when it asks.

I went to Story and started a new game. I watched a walk through so I could figure out what to do. You'll need a magnifying glass to read the text in the upper left part of the screen, or take pictures with your phone. That's the only negative with the game, is the text is small to read. I'm going to try it on my monitor through the dock when I get home. I went through the 1st mission and it saved. Looks like it saves when you complete a mission. Figuring out what the buttons do is the hard part right now. I'm getting the hang of it. For example, I still haven't figure out how to switch from first to 3rd person. The game says it's the < button, but I can't find it. Edit, it's the tiny button above the left joystick. The right tiny button brings up the menu. The 1st mission involves shooting cops, which is hard if you're used to a PC. You aim with the right stick and move with the left. The cross hair is a tiny white dot. I got through that mission, and the 2nd mission involves running from the cops in a car. To help figure things out, I brought up settings which shows the controller buttons, and took a picture of it. After running from the cops and meeting up with the friend, you park the car in the garage, go into a house, watch TV, and the game saves again. It asks if you want to overwrite the previous save point, which I did. Then you drive back to the car dealer, a cut scene plays, and you drive to the beach with the co-worker. I found out you can quick save the game by bringing up the phone and there's a save option there. Memorizing all the buttons is what I'm doing now by playing the game and reading the text in the upper left of the screen.

Last edited:
You'll need a magnifying glass to read the text in the upper left part of the screen, or take pictures with your phone. That's the only negative with the game, is the text is small to read.

takes high intelligence to bait NGFM into an autistic post Fal.

Do you also pull the legs off bugs to watch them squirm with all that power?

Its no surprise a redheaded midget gets off on laughing at literal retards :lol:

I just expect better from Fal

Back