Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page INVESTING 2022 - 24
Page 1 of 2
Esteban_Villa
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 07-03-2022, 12:42
What are you guys doing for the next couple years.

I'm seriously looking at government bonds for the first time in my adult life.

As always this place is a cesspool of unorthodox thought so I'd love to hear it rather than the same stale **** and astroturfing bots that make up every investing community

Sponsored Links
blackpeople
REEEEEEEEEEEXV
Old
2 - 07-03-2022, 12:49
dont listen to the crypto bois here

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
3 - 07-03-2022, 12:49
S&p500 index funds with low MERs like vanguard unless ur retiring soon. Ur buying at a huge discount for the next little while

spockhammer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4 - 07-03-2022, 12:52
chinese biopharma that is gonna be in american startups

Esteban_Villa
VeteranXV
Old
5 - 07-03-2022, 13:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztir View Post
S&p500 index funds with low MERs like vanguard unless ur retiring soon. Ur buying at a huge discount for the next little while
Looking at expectations of interest rates via the ole fed dot plot (The Fedâ***8364;***8482;s New Dot Plot After Its June Policy Meeting) I'll probably go back to sole stock investments late 23. I pulled out of SPY last fall and said I wouldn't touch broad index funds until the sp500 hit 3800 which well, here we are. I'll take some flyers at this point but I think the fed is going to be boxed in with the "need" to drop rates next year and as I said, evidenced by their dot plot which says as much. They were slow on raising interest rates and they'll be slow on loosening interest rates which should create further downside to the market.

Purpose of this money isn't 401k, that's for my 401k. This is in 3 years to buy a home as much as cash as possible so the explicit purpose of this money is to beat the housing market. If the housing market goes down 10% but I only go down 5% that's a win in my book. This is where bonds are looking a little sexy. Inventory is dwindling and rates are increasing which should constrict the market. Stocks exploded big time last year but so did my local housing market and I was still slightly behind and if I had stayed all stock I would have been in the hole big time. All-Transactions House Price Index for Vermont (VTSTHPI) | FRED | St. Louis Fed for my local market conditions. Been considering real estate REIT's with my out of play money just to maintain a general pace less a half percent of fees.

Esteban_Villa
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 07-03-2022, 13:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by spockhammer View Post
chinese biopharma that is gonna be in american startups
I've considered chinese stuff but more so large caps as the chinese sure as **** know how to lie but the large caps are more legitimately run. I think we are over the hill on the fear of stocks like alibaba being ponzi schemes like their start ups.

Esteban_Villa
VeteranXV
Old
7 - 07-03-2022, 13:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpeople View Post
dont listen to the crypto bois here
If ETH goes <500 I'll consider the risk reward worth it on a ~10% portion of portfolio similar to gold/silver but not keen on any other currency. I'm not the most well read but the "well diversified" ****coin theory of cryptocurrency allocation has certainly proven that being only down 75% rather than 95% has essentially no difference.

T-Dawg
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
8 - 07-03-2022, 13:38
Buy the dip

"Dr. Doom" Nouriel Roubini Says Stocks Could Plunge Another 50%

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
9 - 07-03-2022, 15:20
Investing right now is hard. All the research and analysis is essentially useless, stock seem to plummet for no real reason, and skyrocket for pretty much the same. I've made a decent little chunk just catching runners, but its a lot of work for what is sometimes a great overall profit, but not really a lot of money.

I ended up 60 shares of amazon after their recent split, so those aren't going anywhere because amazon will always come back. I've come across a couple stocks in biotech, usually mostly in the oncology sector that had great returns, but because I had like investment ptsd i didnt go in to deep on them.

If you have the time to put into it and know where to look, you can find nuggets

Zanthious
Tribalwar Admin
Old
10 - 07-03-2022, 15:32
my focus is to stack cash and buy stocks on massive discounts and ride it out. i probably wont buy much unless there is a massive dump like when covid hit then ill grab some stuff.

-SS-
VeteranXV
Old
11 - 07-03-2022, 17:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanthious View Post
my focus is to stack cash and buy stocks on massive discounts and ride it out. i probably wont buy much unless there is a massive dump like when covid hit then ill grab some stuff.

Flash
VeteranXX
Old
12 - 07-03-2022, 17:09
Just stockpiling cash till things settle down.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
13 - 07-03-2022, 19:23
reddit has boner for dividend funds like QYLD and JEPI... mebe i do dat

Flash
VeteranXX
Old
14 - 07-03-2022, 19:54
Why buy a dividend stocks in a recession when you can buy government bonds?

SINep
VeteranXX
Old
15 - 07-03-2022, 20:36
"Time in the market > Timing the market in the long run"

Some VTI, Some VOO, some VXUS, and some specific country index's maybe...

Thoughts on the AMAT dip?

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
16 - 07-03-2022, 22:39
buy low sell high

SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
17 - 07-03-2022, 22:51
Did you know as a non-citizen
you can own land in Mexico if it is within 50 kilometers of the coast?
And if you're a citizen....

stay tuned

Last edited by SeVeReD; 07-03-2022 at 23:56..
Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
18 - 07-03-2022, 23:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash View Post
Just stockpiling cash till things settle down.
With inflation at close to 10% this is a really smart strategy. Has Warren Buffett heard about you?

Akela
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
19 - 07-04-2022, 03:13
What about commodities? What shortages are and will be caused by the current brawl in Europe's breadbasket? Granny guesses as follows:

Countries depending on Russian gas are desperately looking for alternatives and winter will come, as it always does. Coal, coal mines and related businesses could be of interest. And oil.

Another kind of oil - Russia and Ukraine are the worlds' two top exporters of sunflower seed oil. That price will go up, but also prices of alternatives like rapeseed oil. There is also a shortage of fertilizer. Wheat has been discussed as well in other threads. So.. agricultural products.

Ukraine exports neon gas, which is crucial for the manufacture of semiconductors that we all need for almost everything. Expect high prices on neon, palladium and whatever needed for that business.

Coffee is always a gamble.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
20 - 07-04-2022, 03:16
does boba tea count as a commodity.. cuz luv me sum boba tea

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page INVESTING 2022 - 24

Social Website Bullshit