Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Diablo Immortal <official>
Page 1 of 5
Gandalf
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1 - 06-21-2022, 11:34
full disclosure, I'm playing this on my galaxy fold 3, your mileage may vary. I am also a huge diablo fan, having played since D1. I still play D3 on my xbox. So, big fanboi here.

On my phone it is probably the best FTP game out right now. It's immense in scope and looks amazing. Controls are pretty basic and work well. It's also huge, weighing in at over 12gb.

The biggest complaint I (and anyone else) would have is the PTW aspect. Holy ****, there's nine ways to sunday to milk money out of the consumer. I can't even begin to count how many different currencies are used within the game to upgrade your gear, not to mention the cosmetics. All of them can be grinded out, but it will take literally months, if not years, to fully upgrade your character.

The social aspect is pretty well done, with clans, raids, dungeons, pvp etc all available if you want to explore that part. It's also another way of making you grind, with daily task you have to complete in order to advance in that part of the game.

Having installed the game on three different platforms (Ipad, phone and PC) my character I created on my phone doesn't show up to select when starting the game on the other devices. Each game appears to be ignorant of my other characters on the other platforms, even though you're required to log into your battle.net account and I'd assume your character is stored in their cloud to prevent cheating. I've played other games (MTG for example) that has that feature, not sure why blizzard can't do it.

Anyway, the game is pretty much a slightly lighter version of older Diablo titles, but with massive micro (and not so micro) transactions for those folks who just have money to burn. Personally, I'd rather pay $30 bucks and put up with cosmetic purchases which doesn't affect gameplay than this underhanded money grab in order to win. Supposedly you don't NEED to spend money to finish the game, but after playing for a couple weeks, I can see where it will take a metric **** ton of grinding to do so.

But it is entertaining. 4/5 stars.

Sponsored Links
Rustie
VeteranXV
Old
2 - 06-21-2022, 11:40
I downloaded it on my iPad, haven***8217;t tried it yet tho. Bunch of ppl *****ing about having to pay $100,000+ or spend 10+ years to be ***8220;maxed out***8221;. Sounds more to me like up to 10 years of free game play without capping out. I am going to try it out soon.

LGBR
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
3 - 06-21-2022, 11:42
as a game in a vacuum its great
but the ptw bull**** stinks bad
there are over 30 in game currencies

uno
VeteranXX
Old
4 - 06-21-2022, 11:51
30?

LGBR
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
5 - 06-21-2022, 11:54
over 50 if u get nitpicky like instead of counting runes as 1 currency there are over 20 different types of runes that are used for creating different gems etc

sehvi
VeteranXX
Old
6 - 06-21-2022, 12:08
Haven't tried it because of all the complaints about the game and scoring a whopping 0.2 on Metacritic. Waiting it out for D4 I guess.

Oh it's a 0.4 now. :P

Flash
VeteranXX
Old
7 - 06-21-2022, 12:10
D4 looks legit. This game not so much.

Rustie
VeteranXV
Old
8 - 06-21-2022, 12:21
I bought d3 when it first came out***8230; I think I***8217;ll wait until D4 releases all its content before buying.

Remember when you used to get the full game for a one time price? I***8217;m not buying into the purchase 5 expansions within the first year ****.

Gandalf
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
9 - 06-21-2022, 12:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustie View Post
I downloaded it on my iPad, haven’t tried it yet tho. Bunch of ppl *****ing about having to pay $100,000+ or spend 10+ years to be “maxed out”. Sounds more to me like up to 10 years of free game play without capping out. I am going to try it out soon.
The only real issue with the time spent upgrading is who knows if in the future they move the goalposts to push for more grind and PTW?

Right now the level cap is 60/60 (level 60, with a level 60 paragon cap). If you're familiar with D3, paragon is a whole separate leveling after you reach level 70 and as far as I know, there is no paragon cap. I've seen characters with over 5000 paragon, which only could have been gotten via exploits.

So, who can say that after a year, they change the level cap to 70, and reset the paragon levels after releasing a new character (like they did with the necromancer in D3)?

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 06-21-2022, 13:36
Stop giving blizzard money

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
11 - 06-21-2022, 13:36
umm u realize this is just d3 reskinned. reddit autists hav datamined and found like 80% reused assets... its just a lazy cash grab.

also POE is 1000x better... but i guess it takes alot to rub off the good old days blizzard nostalgia

not that id play either, ARPGs are boring AF

Last edited by HaPpY; 06-21-2022 at 13:39..
Odio
VeteranXV
Old
12 - 06-21-2022, 13:57
I wonder if Path of Exile will run on a steamdeck.

it definitely won't run on a phone.

Gandalf
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
13 - 06-21-2022, 13:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPpY View Post
umm u realize this is just d3 reskinned. reddit autists hav datamined and found like 80% reused assets... its just a lazy cash grab.

also POE is 1000x better... but i guess it takes alot to rub off the good old days blizzard nostalgia

not that id play either, ARPGs are boring AF
The artwork and stuff yes, they used a lot of D3 material, but the gameplay is a bit different. It's still diablo, but that's not a bad thing.

But cash grab - yeah, no question.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
14 - 06-21-2022, 14:04
... i do feel like id enjoy the arpg formula a little more were it 3rd or 1st person instead of topdown

but you cant (effectively) do that on mobile and thats where the whales are so it probably wont happen.

hav u play poe gandalf?

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
15 - 06-21-2022, 14:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odio View Post
I wonder if Path of Exile will run on a steamdeck.

it definitely won't run on a phone.
im sad steamdick is not OLED

y gabe y!

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
16 - 06-21-2022, 14:06
next version will be way better

current **** is 720-****ing-p for **** sake.

but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uop1Ee_I38k

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
17 - 06-21-2022, 14:13
Will be a short thread. Everyone knows the game is trash.

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
18 - 06-21-2022, 14:14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EES5SZ9t1ho

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
19 - 06-21-2022, 14:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data View Post
Will be a short thread. Everyone knows the game is trash.
actually the game is kinda good, it just costs over $100k to max out a character

Gandalf
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
20 - 06-21-2022, 14:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPpY View Post
... i do feel like id enjoy the arpg formula a little more were it 3rd or 1st person instead of topdown

but you cant (effectively) do that on mobile and thats where the whales are so it probably wont happen.

hav u play poe gandalf?
I played a few hours of it, but for some reason it didn't grab me as well. Don't know why. I know a lot of people that swear that POE is a vastly superior game to the diablo franchise.

The arpg style of games are probably my favorite genre of video games. Stuff like Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Fable, etc, all have sucked a million hours of my life away.

Page 1 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Diablo Immortal <official>

Social Website Bullshit