Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Female comedians
Page 1 of 4
Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1 - 05-11-2022, 11:58
With the exception of Bill Burr, it seems like there is a surge of female comedians, which is new to my life. As a kid I listened to George Carlin (rip), Bill Cosby, and Richard Prior. Jerry Seinfeld came a lot later, but his sitcom was a lot better than his standup.

SO:

Taylor Tomlinson
Desi Lydic (The Daily Show)
Nikki Glaser

seem to be leading the field of comics now, with Bill Burr being the only male comic in a sea of women.

Has anyone else noticed the bump in women comics? Is it because they are hot, or are they truly funny?
Sehvi, as English is your second language, I want to hear from you. Also Nicodemus.

Sponsored Links
sehvi
VeteranXX
Old
2 - 05-11-2022, 11:59
havax

Gandalf
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
3 - 05-11-2022, 12:15
None of the comics today are nearly as funny as the kings of comedy. Jonathan Winters, Don Rickles, Buddy Hackett, Rodney Dangerfield, Bob Newhart and of course, the great Robin Williams.

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
4 - 05-11-2022, 12:17
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_PYnPVzykU

I***8217;m a fan of Maria Bamford, who has been around a while. Most just try to be edgy talking about blowjobs and such pandering to a lower base (like politicians do)

Last edited by Mr Jimmy Pop; 05-11-2022 at 12:26..
Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
5 - 05-11-2022, 12:18
muh vagina

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
6 - 05-11-2022, 12:19
Lol I do not care what havax thinks. You're just trying to incite a fight between him and me. We fight enough every day without your help.

I do think Havax is a decent person, we just can't agree on anything. I'm very far left, and from the best I can tell he is middle right. There has to be an issue we agree upon somewhere. There just has to be.

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
7 - 05-11-2022, 12:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
None of the comics today are nearly as funny as the kings of comedy. Jonathan Winters, Don Rickles, Buddy Hackett, Rodney Dangerfield, Bob Newhart and of course, the great Robin Williams.
Oh I***8217;d disagree. Those are really good comics, but every generation has great comics. Bill Burr for instance is funnier than all on your list imo

Last edited by Mr Jimmy Pop; 05-11-2022 at 12:29..
Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 05-11-2022, 12:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
With the exception of Bill Burr, it seems like there is a surge of female comedians, which is new to my life. As a kid I listened to George Carlin (rip), Bill Cosby, and Richard Prior. Jerry Seinfeld came a lot later, but his sitcom was a lot better than his standup.

SO:

Taylor Tomlinson
Desi Lydic (The Daily Show)
Nikki Glaser

seem to be leading the field of comics now, with Bill Burr being the only male comic in a sea of women.

Has anyone else noticed the bump in women comics? Is it because they are hot, or are they truly funny?
Sehvi, as English is your second language, I want to hear from you. Also Nicodemus.
youre seeing more because netflix is making an effort to amplify women and bipoc

i really liked Tomlinson***8217;s first netflix special her second one was ok but was getting too preachy about mental health***8230;maybe preachy isnt the right word***8230;just was topic that seemed to languish

Michelle Wolfs netflix special was surprisingly good i thought too

Last edited by Pagy; 05-11-2022 at 12:27..
Kelven
VeteranXX
Old
9 - 05-11-2022, 12:30
I hear females have vaginas but I can not confirm this

uno
VeteranXX
Old
10 - 05-11-2022, 12:31
Gilda Radner was funny as ****.

Ya. There's the one I can think of

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
11 - 05-11-2022, 12:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
youre seeing more because netflix is making an effort to amplify women and bipoc

i really liked Tomlinson’s first netflix special her second one was ok but was getting too preachy about mental health…maybe preachy isnt the right word…just was topic that seemed to languish
Mental health is a big deal, (dm me) and I get her humour.
It just seems to me like famales are taking the lead in comedy now. Bill Burr is still great, but behind him are like 9 females. Just a complete departure from when I was a kid.

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
12 - 05-11-2022, 12:34
don't ctrl-k irl vainster

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
13 - 05-11-2022, 13:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
Mental health is a big deal, (dm me) and I get her humour.
It just seems to me like famales are taking the lead in comedy now. Bill Burr is still great, but behind him are like 9 females. Just a complete departure from when I was a kid.
i just mean to say 45min of standup about depression is***8230;heavy.

I think its just a matter of promotion.

i dont see any of these women coming anywhere close to selling at a level with chappelle, rogan, hart, peters, gaffigan, seinfeld, maniscalco, iglesias, dunham***8230;

Only women remotely in that league are schumer and cummings

Last edited by Pagy; 05-11-2022 at 13:26..
Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
14 - 05-11-2022, 13:58
Cummings is good, Schumer is just okay. Try Taylor Tomlinson, she is almost as good as Burr.

I have no idea why I made this thread, it just struck me as odd that female comics are so popular now.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
15 - 05-11-2022, 14:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
Only women remotely in that league are schumer and cummings
Which is ****ing sad. One a nepotistic joke thief and the other reasonably ****able for a few years.

Joan Rivers is the only female comedian worth everyone's respect. I'd probably put Kathleen Madigan on the list too, though she's not the funniest but she seems to at least understand comedy and has been doing the circuit forever without ever resorting "my vagina right ladies?".

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
16 - 05-11-2022, 14:01
rosanne barr was a killer

rogan was saying she did a set in austin and crushed

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
17 - 05-11-2022, 14:06
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baDJ-ZIvYy0&ab_

Gina Brillo is funny imho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFzaS2RNH8Y&ab_

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
18 - 05-11-2022, 14:09
Crap, I forgot about Ajelah Johnson, and it's not because she is native. She's very talented.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
19 - 05-11-2022, 14:10
She's a mexinative

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
20 - 05-11-2022, 14:10
(Not a female) You should look up Nate Bargatze. His standup is really good. He has a popular podcast but it's not as funny as his specials. Tom Segura is also huge right now. I saw him live about 6 months ago.

There's way more than just Burr...

Page 1 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Female comedians

Social Website Bullshit