Reload this Page Alec Baldwin just killed someone
Page 2 of 63
groove
VeteranXX
Old
21 - 10-22-2021, 00:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPpY View Post
why does a muzzle blast need to involve a projectile though... why not just a small explosive in the barrel
idk about this case, but with brandon lee iirc it was a revolver and they want the audience to see the bullets so they take out the powder and primers

but they didn't take out the primers and the hit from the primer pushed a bullet into the barrel

then they used blanks in the same gun boom ded

Sponsored Links
Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
22 - 10-22-2021, 00:54
iirc, Brandon Lee died because they didn't clear a gun barrel before firing a blank through it.
They had used the same gun with dummy rounds - no powder, but a bullet so they look like a complete cartridge. One still had a primer in it and pushed the bullet out of the casing into the barrel. Later they used the same gun with blanks, and it pushed the bullet the rest of the way through and into Brandon Lee.

We celebrate his life to this day with sporty ball arena chants.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
23 - 10-22-2021, 00:54
goddamnit Groove

Veniggs
VeteranXV
Old
24 - 10-22-2021, 01:00
lol gg alcoholic bloated idiot commie baldwin

Hellsfury
VeteranXX
Old
25 - 10-22-2021, 01:17
Blank cartridges still have a wad of non-ballistic material such as, plastic, paper, felt or compressed cotton in place of the actual lead projectile. It's there to hold the powder in place and it still gets ejected when the round is fired.

Blanks are still dangerous at very close range, the combustion gases leaving the muzzle are hot enough that they can penetrate skin or cause serious burns. The blunt wad leaves the barrel with enough force to cause injury and death... somewhat like riot bullets, that are supposed to be non-leathal, can still kill under the right conditions at very close range.

A firearm that fires blanks... is still a firearm and should always be respected as such. I could totally see Baldwin in the middle of a scene holding a loaded firearm and having a momentary lapse in proper discipline when the cinematographer comes up to him for a discussion and getting shot accidentally.

Last edited by Hellsfury; 10-22-2021 at 02:19..
Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
26 - 10-22-2021, 01:18
You'd think they would have the same simple rule as real gun owners - never point a gun at anything that you don't want to die.

Nmag
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
27 - 10-22-2021, 01:24
Quote:
Deadline previously heard from sources that a principal castmember cocked a gun during a rehearsal, unaware that there were live rounds in it, hitting two people, a man and a woman. The man was hit in the shoulder, while the woman was airlifted to the hospital for stomach surgery.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
28 - 10-22-2021, 01:33
Someone had to pull that trigger.

Hopefully he'll realize what he's done and kill himself. [/ngfm]

Hellsfury
VeteranXX
Old
29 - 10-22-2021, 01:34
They probably do... and they probably have an arms master on set who is in charge of all the firearms and supervises their use.

... but people can get sloppy and suffer lapses in their discipline and then mistakes happen...

I don't know what happened in this specific instance... but it was my understanding that typical procedure would be for the arms master to ready the live firearm (with a blank), hand it to the actor/actress for the scene, then as soon as the scene is done, the arms master takes the firearm from the performer and secures it again.

That way **** like this doesn't happen. You don't want relatively inexperienced or untrained people waving loaded guns around the set while waiting for the director to decide what to do next.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
30 - 10-22-2021, 01:35
Too bad Alec won't be around to play Trump next time he's elected.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
31 - 10-22-2021, 01:39
I'd put money that Alec was screwing around like Jon-Erik Hexum.
Quote:
One of the scenes filmed that day called for Hexum's character to load bullets into a .44 Magnum handgun, so he was provided with a functional gun and blanks. When the scene did not play as the director wanted it to in the master shot, there was a delay in filming. Hexum became restless and impatient during the delay and began playing around to lighten the mood. He had unloaded all but one (blank) round, spun it, and***8212;simulating Russian roulette***8212;he put the revolver to his right temple and pulled the trigger
Jon was killed by the concussion from the blank.

Alec was just trying to lighten the mood by waving a loaded gun around at the director.

Last edited by Plasmatic; 10-22-2021 at 01:44..
Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
32 - 10-22-2021, 01:41
Also, under what circumstance is Alec Baldwin firing a prop gun straight at a camera person? Even if they are filming? A person can be behind a shield or screen allowing the camera to be in the open.

Something is seriously out of whack with this story. Like they were practicing or ****ing around.

Nmag
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
33 - 10-22-2021, 02:00
If the director was crouching behind the female cast member one round could go through her abdomen and hit the director's shoulder.

Vir
VeteranXV
Old
34 - 10-22-2021, 02:05
all part of his method acting

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
35 - 10-22-2021, 07:35
WP

Karma for ragging on Trump.

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
36 - 10-22-2021, 07:39
^^^ what a ****ish comment.

Oh no wait, two ****ish comments.

sehvi
VeteranXX
Old
37 - 10-22-2021, 07:40
hey mitch at least ur back on the amount you stepped in at with ETH

next few months gon be huge

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
38 - 10-22-2021, 07:52
Yeah on the second batch. Bought my first batch at $2200 so I'm in profit a little overall. I think a big move up is on now.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
39 - 10-22-2021, 08:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchdubai View Post

Denver
VeteranXX
Old
40 - 10-22-2021, 08:54
I shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot the deputy...

Somehow I feel disconnected from this tragedy. can't get too upset about this.

Page 2 of 63

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Alec Baldwin just killed someone

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
kill yourself midxe