No Laurie For Me (NLFM)

idk 2 me it's funny b/c last time he posted pics of laurie (i bleev the context was "look how good we look after going soylent!") several doods said she was looking good

Is the "new GF" aware of Laurie?
Of coarse she is. She stayed at the house in Leesburg and met my dad while Laurie was away for 2 week. That pissed Laurie off like you can't believe.

Talking about Laurie makes the GF frustrated, so I have to not talk about her. She's seen pics of Laurie and knows all about her. That's because I've talked to the neighbors and we talked about Laurie. The neighbors are happy for us, and told similar stories of Laurie's controlling and mean behavior.

I was in Leesburg last month. Parents are in The Villages....along with my aunt/uncle and grandmother. Never knew you were so close.

Of coarse she is. She stayed at the house in Leesburg and met my dad while Laurie was away for 2 week. That pissed Laurie off like you can't believe.

Talking about Laurie makes the GF frustrated, so I have to not talk about her. She's seen pics of Laurie and knows all about her. That's because I've talked to the neighbors and we talked about Laurie. The neighbors are happy for us, and told similar stories of Laurie's controlling and mean behavior.

There is only one course of action to be had.

Get a pic of the new GF servicing the unit and 'accidentally' send it to Laurie

I agree. It's just a good idea in general NOT to bring up the subject of Laurie with your new GF. Not that Laurie is any threat to her now. BUT... It's just bad policy to bring up ANY "old flames," broken up or not.

Need pics of new GF and a name.

Yeah, don't bring up Laurie with her. Also, nothing dumb like having family photos out with her in them ect. It's also going to be healthy mental hygiene not to talk about Laurie and be one of those people who talks about an ex a lot.

Take some advice. Get Laurie out of your life completely. Put her out of your mind. Close the chapter. Figure out how you and the new woman can take care of your father. And, never let her bat shit drama infect your life again. Don't tell yourself that this is over until you haven't spoken with or allowed her back in for a year. Then, never look back. There is not even a need to be nice about it or offer explanations. Cut off the communication. If she tries, ignore it. Maybe say something like "We both know it's over. So, let's go our separate ways. You focus on your new life and I will focus on mine." Then, let it go. She has poisoned you and you are obviously still under her control emotionally. You don't need an apology. You need nothing from her but peace and quiet. Good luck :)

Take some advice. Get Laurie out of your life completely. Put her out of your mind. Close the chapter. Figure out how you and the new woman can take care of your father. And, never let her bat shit drama infect your life again. Don't tell yourself that this is over until you haven't spoken with or allowed her back in for a year. Then, never look back. There is not even a need to be nice about it or offer explanations. Cut off the communication. If she tries, ignore it. Maybe say something like "We both know it's over. So, let's go our separate ways. You focus on your new life and I will focus on mine." Then, let it go. She has poisoned you and you are obviously still under her control emotionally. You don't need an apology. You need nothing from her but peace and quiet. Good luck :)

This is good advice...

I was in Leesburg last month. Parents are in The Villages....along with my aunt/uncle and grandmother. Never knew you were so close.
Yes, my parents looked in the Villages, but didn't want to pay those prices. So someone told them about the Plantation which is at US-27 and the Turnpike. They moved there in 2006, the house was brand new.

It's not that easy. You see, the house in Leesburg is 4 hours away from me. The parents are supposed to move back to where the kids are, but that never happened. They lived there from 2006 to 2018 and then both of them went bad at the same time. Mom had COPD, Dad had Dementia. My house is 2 stories and has stairs. The GF lives in a 2 bedroom condo. We can bring him there in an emergency, but not full time. I would either have to move up there and take over, which is a lot of work, or bring him home and buy a new single story house. Not putting him in a facility until the end (Hospice), they don't change his cloths and diaper enough.

If you guys know a live in who wants to live in a big house in Leesburg in a retirement community, let me know.

Last edited:
Back