Texts from Unknown Senders

Risuli

Veteran XX
Any insight regarding why Apple does not stop text alerts from unknown senders?

My iPhone has been blowing up lately with texts, and the damn alert notifications, from spammers and apparently there is no way to actually stop the alerts on iPhone. iOS allows you to separate texts from those in your contacts and those that are unknown and if its a iMessage from an unknown it won't cause an alert. BUT, if its a SMS message you will still receive an alert!

Of course spammers send SMS texts, sometimes in the middle of the night with the resulting text alert, but it IS placed into the Unknown text folder (thanks a lot!).

So, I am struggling to understand why Apple stops alerts for Unknown iMessages, but continues to allow alerts for Unknown SMS texts. Totally makes the separate contacts/unknown distinction worthless. What am I missing? Is there some monetary or technical reason for this insanity???

just download a different messaging app that lets you block numbers or set custom alerts

i use one called textra which is fine

i cant think of any reason to buy apple other than "im uninformed and lazy"

also my stupid phone. if someone called and left a voice message i would get a notification and then a text message that i missed a call and that i have voice mail. so i changed the voice mail numbers to some random 10 digit shit so now i dont get voice mails or notifications or texts yahoo.

iwhy inot ijust iwalk iinto ithe iApple istore iwith iit iand itell ithem iall ito ifuck ioff i1!

If you punch numbers into your phone fast enough, you can DOS yourself and not have to worry. Just turn it all the way off if you need to sleep.

Back