Fans use Machine Learning to HD Remaster Final Fantasy VII by groove - Page 3 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Fans use Machine Learning to HD Remaster Final Fantasy VII
Page 3 of 7
groove
VeteranXX
Old
41 - 12-20-2019, 21:54
ideally one would use a script? or something to export all the filenames and resolutions from bugs' zips to a file if that's possible idk

Sponsored Links
bugs_
VeteranXV
Old
42 - 12-21-2019, 10:15
I had some extra time this morning so i took a stab at making an updated mjhires.acs.cs file, here it is:

http://ns2.pu.net/upscaled/for-1.40/...s.upscaled.zip

in doing so i noticed that mj had put in some upscaled DOX textures but I had overlooked doing those with the upscaler. I will take a look at adding those later today.

also there are a small number of duplicate files - i kept only the first (Entities) entry.

display5.png
./Entities/display5.png: PNG image data, 256 x 512, 8-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced 41746 140
./savanaDML/display5.png: PNG image data, 256 x 512, 8-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced 14553 138
door.png
./Entities/door.png: PNG image data, 1024 x 1024, 8-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced
./savanaDML/door.png: PNG image data, 512 x 512, 8-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced
light.png
./Entities/light.png: PNG image data, 64 x 256, 8-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced
./savanaDML/light.png: PNG image data, 512 x 512, 8-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced
./titanDML/light.png: PNG image data, 256 x 256, 8-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced
metal_64b.png
./Entities/metal_64b.png: PNG image data, 512 x 256, 8-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced 30550 160
./human1DML/metal_64b.png: PNG image data, 512 x 256, 8-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced 16708 172
pannel2.png
./Entities/pannel2.png: PNG image data, 512 x 256, 8-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced 12692 163
./savanaDML/pannel2.png: PNG image data, 512 x 256, 8-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced 23810 163
rock.png
./savanaDML/rock.png: PNG image data, 512 x 512, 8-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced 21947 374
./titanDML/rock.png: PNG image data, 512 x 512, 8-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced 38594 498
wall1.png
./Entities/wall1.png: PNG image data, 512 x 512, 8-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced 12359 285
./savanaDML/wall1.png: PNG image data, 512 x 512, 8-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced 19162 282

Last edited by bugs_; 01-20-2023 at 17:56..
uno
VeteranXX
Old
43 - 12-21-2019, 12:20
This **** all reads greek to me. Anyone got an easy install for techidiots like myself?

bugs_
VeteranXV
Old
44 - 12-21-2019, 21:02
I've upscaled the DOX textures with the upscaler (4x) and added them to my download area.

For 1.40 you'd download DOX_Textures.zip and put it in your dox\ folder replacing the original DOX_Textures.zip that you wisely made a backup copy of first.

I've updated mjhires.acs.cs.upscaled.z ip to include the size declarations for the upscaled DOX textures.

For 1.1998 x64 configurations you'd download DOX_Textures.vol and replace your existing DOX_Textures.vol.

http://ns2.pu.net/upscaled/for-1.40/DOX_Textures.zip
http://ns2.pu.net/upscaled/for-1.199...X_Textures.vol

We really need to come up with a better hack for 1.40 to display these.

Really amazing to walk around and look at how pretty it looks.

Last edited by bugs_; 01-20-2023 at 17:59..
hyung
VeteranXX
Old
45 - 12-23-2019, 00:19
could you post screenshots? would love to see it

vamp
Veteran++
Old
46 - 12-23-2019, 02:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugs_ View Post
I've upscaled the DOX textures with Topaz AI Gigapixel (4x) and added them to my download area.

For 1.40 you'd download DOX_Textures.zip and put it in your dox\ folder replacing the original DOX_Textures.zip that you wisely made a backup copy of first.

I've updated mjhires.acs.cs.gigapixel. zip to include the size declarations for the upscaled DOX textures.

For 1.1998 x64 configurations you'd download DOX_Textures.vol and replace your existing DOX_Textures.vol.

http://ns2.pu.net/gigapixel/for-1.40/DOX_Textures.zip
http://ns2.pu.net/gigapixel/for-1.40....gigapixel.zip
http://ns2.pu.net/gigapixel/for-1.19...X_Textures.vol

We really need to come up with a better hack for 1.40 to display these.

Really amazing to walk around and look at how pretty it looks. What a sweet program gigapixel is.

bugs has Christmas present waiting for us

BaseEncrypt
Veteran++
Old
47 - 12-26-2019, 00:20
Got this working with the TribesHDv2 config after fixing a few things in the acs.
Tribes HD v2 by DaJ4ck3L - TribalWar Forums

I turned off DEP, VSync and set the affinity of the process to only use one of my cpu cores.
Some of the non-standard HD textures that have already been made for 1.4 look a little bit better than some of these ones so I think I will put together a custom config.

For T:A I downloaded an AA shader that smoothed edges out nicely. I will have to see if I can find something similar that will be compatible with T1.

bugs_
VeteranXV
Old
48 - 12-26-2019, 13:26
A new mjhires.acs.cs file is up - the order of the entries is different. I am trying to automate something that is automation resistant.

There are still some things which display wrong and the file on the link will be updated from time to time.

Last edited by bugs_; 01-20-2023 at 18:00..
bugs_
VeteranXV
Old
49 - 12-27-2019, 11:50

bugs_
VeteranXV
Old
50 - 12-27-2019, 11:55
there must be some issues or limitations in the 1.40/hrfix stuff - i can't seem to make it work on some of the images.

a much better approach to hrfix is really needed in the 1.40 space. for example a default scale followed by a list of exceptions to the default scale. also it should work all the time.

these DOX textures were upscaled with a newer version of the upscaler. it looks to be doing a lot better with some of the more analogy images - so the free lunch is improving! the upscaled analogy images could be touched up by a human artist.

in the earlier version of upscaler it was easy to veto the upscaled analog images. it was a lot less easy with the current version.

Last edited by bugs_; 01-20-2023 at 18:01..
groove
VeteranXX
Old
51 - 12-27-2019, 16:11
i would fix hrfixfix but im super busy writing the over 9000 'new netset' requests for various changes to prediction

as much as ppl say they care about this, they dont

bugs_
VeteranXV
Old
52 - 12-27-2019, 16:57
its nice to just be able to work on what one thinks is cool - if nothing else I use it.

groove
VeteranXX
Old
53 - 12-27-2019, 17:08
tru

tbch thats why i wasn't in a big hurry to share my updated mjhires.acs and many other config related stuffs over the last few years

props 2 u for doing this stuff

Exodus
VeteranXX
Old
54 - 12-27-2019, 17:44
kudos!

BaseEncrypt
Veteran++
Old
55 - 12-28-2019, 15:43
Groove could you put this into a version of Retro 1.41, please? Also what's the deal with entities having a folder and a .zip with different files on most configs? How do I properly add the upscaled entities for 1.4?

TypicallyTerrible
Veteran++
Old
56 - 12-29-2019, 13:14
Anything in the entities folder will overwrite what's in the zip. So you would want to put any higher-res textures found in Entities.zip in the Entities folder. If that makes sense.

groove
VeteranXX
Old
57 - 12-29-2019, 14:25
in theory, yes

in practice, not so much

it SHOULD choose files outside the .zip first, but the more that are outside the more likely it is to ****up, especially on 2nd map loads (first load seems much more reliable for whatever reason)

this has been a longtime problem (like forever) and results in say, on the 2nd map load u get 1 band of the sky being from inside the .zip and the rest outside

(just using sky as an example, as it was the most commonly replaced textures - same effect for all replacements when there are 2 of them)

for reliable replacements, you want 1 copy of the texture, inside its .zip

BaseEncrypt, if I find some time I'll do up an add-on pack but thats a big IF, sorry

just download bugs' .zips, replace your existing .zips with them and add mjhires.acs and the plugin

retro config already has the pluginloader etc so that's all you should need to do

vamp
Veteran++
Old
58 - 12-29-2019, 19:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove View Post
in theory, yes

in practice, not so much

it SHOULD choose files outside the .zip first, but the more that are outside the more likely it is to ****up, especially on 2nd map loads (first load seems much more reliable for whatever reason)

this has been a longtime problem (like forever) and results in say, on the 2nd map load u get 1 band of the sky being from inside the .zip and the rest outside

(just using sky as an example, as it was the most commonly replaced textures - same effect for all replacements when there are 2 of them)

BaseEncrypt, if I find some time I'll do up an add-on pack but thats a big IF, sorry

just download bugs' .zips, replace your existing .zips with them and add mjhires.acs and the plugin

retro config already has the pluginloader etc so that's all you should need to do

this explains why some skins/textures are different from time to time on same config, damn

groove
VeteranXX
Old
59 - 12-29-2019, 19:25
i legit remember posting on tw about that problem in like 1999

y does my replacement sky sometimes show 1 panel of the old one on 2nd map loads! etc

its here somewhere

bugs_
VeteranXV
Old
60 - 12-31-2019, 10:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove View Post
or conversely you can opt for a zip-less/vol-less configuration and have everything in the folder and no zip/vol file

on server configurations I ran into this with scripts.vol and a script that i was working on in the folder. sometimes the server would exec the folder script and sometimes the server would exec the script in the volume. very annoying bug. i chose to get rid of scripts.vol and have a folder with all of the server scripts in it.

and now that we've run into scaling issues with vols/zips at 2048x2048 i've been thinking its time for this volume technique to just die and be replaced by a remote virtual disk with a local cache. this would kill two birds with one stone, scaling and auto update.

Last edited by bugs_; 08-24-2022 at 21:57..
Page 3 of 7

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Fans use Machine Learning to HD Remaster Final Fantasy VII

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
gay lord sex , nigger holocaust