change chaingun 2 blaster

either way we are looking @ the same end result, better players being rewarded for hitting either harder or more consistent shots. Accuracy is the best metric of skill dude..how is that stupid wtf? Players hitting more shots with a bigger lead = more skilled.

yes but the point is the ceiling is so much lower for the consistent accuracy at lower dps considering the chaingun is prolly close to hitscan 4 ppl who r just gonna optimize some fukin numbers in their config folder.

netest cant save you if you r using blaster unless u want to risk fuking up ur close range disc to a certain extent

would this not severely fuk up discing netsettings if you attempted to optimize netset for blaster

unless u get a script to change netsettings based on weapons, but i think it would still look fucked up.

if ppl have scripts to change netsettings based on weapon then fuk it it may be pointless

there are scripts for settings with individual weapons

we should sticky this thread and keep track of a list of ppl in favor of hitscan weapons with low dps in tribes games

netset significantly reduced the skill ceiling (or if it makes you feel better, everyone significantly improved and got closer to the ceiling) so you need to counterbalance that.
this game was great cause of the high skill ceiling and striving to improve.

i think these are both really good points, i really agree with both of these. i wouldn't mind making the cg harder to use. we probably need to buff the damage if we did this. i don't know if we should mess with the other numbers though like rate of fire or the cone spread.

Last edited:
u suk chit no matta wut hung so git useta sl0rppinz o lern howta play 20yr old dedgaym smdh lol :jester:

i thought chain cone spread was determined by the .exe and couldn't be altered via script or serverside etc

maybe im wrong i dont really know shit all about server stuff

BulletData ChaingunBullet
{
bulletShapeName = "bullet.dts";
explosionTag = bulletExp0;
expRandCycle = 3;
mass = 0.05;
bulletHoleIndex = 0;

damageClass = 0; // 0 impact, 1, radius
damageValue = 0.11;
damageType = $ChaingunDamageType;

aimDeflection = 0.005;
muzzleVelocity = 425.0;
totalTime = 1.5;
inheritedVelocityScale = 1.0;
isVisible = false;

tracerPercentage = 1.0;
tracerLength = 30;
};

what controls the cone in that, expRandCycle? or aimDeflection? 0.0005 seems like a very very narrow cone already

i dont feel like testing idk idc fuckit

:shrug:

i thought we could alter it, i could be mistaken it's been a while

DnLKmUT.png

what controls the cone in that, expRandCycle? or aimDeflection? 0.0005 seems like a very very narrow cone already

i dont feel like testing idk idc fuckit

:shrug:

it's aimdeflection. setting it to 0.0001 is lol

not entirely sure what expRandCycle is...didnt really test it.

my guess is it's the number of sides in the cone

anyway i think snow's point about raising the skill ceiling is a good one, but changing anything in the game is a big undertaking especially something as visceral as projectile speed

Back