AMD 1800X **** smashing "all" the Intel 5960X records. by Odio - Page 10 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page AMD 1800X **** smashing "all" the Intel 5960X records.
Page 10 of 11
The Greatest
VeteranXV
Old
181 - 05-22-2017, 19:12
Is amd physically severing cores on the ryzen 5 or has anyone been able to enable all 8 cores on the die?

Sponsored Links
Odio
VeteranXV
Old
182 - 05-22-2017, 19:30
No one knows yet. The IHS is soldered on, so it is unlikely a pencil trick will ever make a comeback. If the cores are just disabled with firmware, then motherboard makers will probably add a CORE UNLOCK feature later.

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
183 - 05-23-2017, 06:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odio View Post
You can't see the pixels any more, so everything is ultra sharp and smooth.
Much easier to just wait until you hit 40

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
184 - 05-23-2017, 08:06
Pretty certain I read that it's physically disabled because they're cores that didn't pass manufacturing muster. Could be bull though.

MaD_ReBeL
VeteranXV
Old
185 - 05-23-2017, 12:21
Quote:
DX12 is already 2 years old. You're seriously underestimating the rate at which technology is going to advance over the next 24 months.
the pace tech changes is not the same as the rate the public adopts the new tech. because this lag time exists, even triple A titles lag way behind as developers must support older stuff or not sell as many titles.

you know all this though and you're just an emotional fanboy. so, i'll leave you to that.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
186 - 05-23-2017, 12:35
Pretty much every game is designed for consoles first anyway.

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
187 - 05-23-2017, 13:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD_ReBeL View Post
you know all this though and you're just an emotional fanboy. so, i'll leave you to that.
A fanboy of what, exactly?

You sound like an old geezer whose era started with "Why would I never need more than 128MB of ram?"

MaD_ReBeL
VeteranXV
Old
188 - 05-23-2017, 14:13
yeah an old geezer with 32GB of ram and 1.5T of NVMe on my OCd i7 ... yeah I'm a real Luddite ... i mean my i7 is two generations old and in addition to that 1.5T of NVMe i still have 1T of 'old n slow' regular SSD. Not to mention the 3-5T worth of random SSD i have just lying around ...

im a realist whos watched tech come and go and ive watched the adoption rates for over 20 years and dx12 won't be any different.

if you're buying the latest and greatest now with the expectation that 'in the next X months' it will be utilized then unfortunately the only way to describe you is foolish and or naive unless your context is 30-36 months for full value from your money.

btw, in 30-36 months you'll barely be able to find this first generation of ryzen hardware on secondary market sites like ebay and craigslist. if you wait 12-18 months you'll get more for less.

never ever buy brand new current generation PC hardware outside of GPUs. with GPUs either buy on the new cycle or on the refresh and buy the mid range on an 18-24 month cycle.

doing exactly this over the years has kept me in the top 5% of performance while spending a fraction of the money. doesn't matter if its intel or amd the general practice works with either.

for anyone that actually cares and isn't emotional about a product ... dont go near the ryzen's until the ram bus speeds are running 100% stable at ... iirc 3200mhz. once the ram sticks and mobos stabilize with this setting then its worth buying.

until then you're buying something that is kinda sometimes better than intel and is less expensive but isn't quite living up to its potential.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
189 - 05-23-2017, 15:15
TRVTH

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
190 - 05-23-2017, 15:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD_ReBeL View Post
kinda sometimes better than intel and is less expensive but isn't quite living up to its potential.
Sounds like something a fanboy would say. Especially when every outlet has the R5 crushing the i5 in just about every way possible except for a few intel optimized applications. And why wouldn't applications be optimized for Intel, it's not like they currently control the market share or anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZS2XHcQdqA
Two months ago. This month they release(d) a AGESA update that enabled support for 4000MHz ram. So two months from now, the 7700k will probably be losing in just about every thing, except for the few exceptions that will probably never change.

There is no reason to buy old intel garbage, unless you are SUPER POOR. In which case I would suggest looking for an X58 motherboard on eBay and a SIX-CORE Xeon.

Else why not just buy a new x370/B350 motherboard for like $75-$125, A 6-core Ryzen for around $199, the fastest 16GB of DDR4 you can afford, and a GTX1060? That way, you have the best ****, and you have a WARRANTY when some of it dies.

Last edited by Odio; 05-23-2017 at 15:21..
sashimi
VeteranXV
Old
191 - 05-23-2017, 15:21
stop making sense odio

MaD_ReBeL
VeteranXV
Old
192 - 05-23-2017, 15:56
Quote:
This month they release(d) a AGESA update that enabled support for 4000MHz ram.
these are called tech previews. another way of saying it is like this "hey, you're an idiot with nothing better to do than dick with hardware features ... here is a new feature go play with it but if you try to open a support ticket we're going to remind you this isn't stable"

again, don't waste your time on gen 1 ANYTHING FROM ANY VENDOR until **** is ironed out. **** is NOT ironed out as evidenced by a brand new tech previewy feature just being rolled out.

you're literally making the case for me fanboy.

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
193 - 05-23-2017, 16:27
That's a nice little delusion you've come up with to cope with your secondhand life. Keep on being poor. I'll keep on spending $3k every 7-10 years to get the best ****.

MaD_ReBeL
VeteranXV
Old
194 - 05-23-2017, 16:41
3K every 7-10 years? i mean if that is your yard stick for wealth ...

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
195 - 05-23-2017, 18:02
$3k for a new high end computer and then replace parts with the best possible options once they reach end of life.

Sounds like you buy whatever mid-range gear is popular a year or two later. Then you have to just keep doing that, because you never spend enough to get the high-end gear that can be upgraded with prosumer tier parts that will last a decade.

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
196 - 05-23-2017, 18:15
odio, u sound like my dad

dood kept making me limp along thru the tribes era w/ "super premium" upgrades every 5-7 years

i was the only kid in the civilized world trying to palay tribe on a tandy tower w/ a turbo button

everybody knew i was a noob w/ noob gear and a daddy who didn't luv him

don't be a lamer
don't be (((my dad)))
don't try the "get leet **** and maintain" scheme if u have been afflicted w/ the genetic and social defects associated with people from (((the chosen tribes)))
u will fail 2 keep up and ur machine will be below average w/ just 1 or 2 leet parts
trust me
daddy let me down

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
197 - 05-23-2017, 18:35
You should have made your dad play tribe so he could realize the limitations of his computer.

I can still play and STREAM any game in 2017. I've made upgrades to cpu/ram/gpu when needed. Your dad probably didn't know enough about computers to get some voodoo goodness in there.

MaD_ReBeL
VeteranXV
Old
198 - 05-23-2017, 18:38
Quote:
Sounds like you buy whatever mid-range gear is popular a year or two later.
depends. example would be SSDs i was first in line - but why?

1) flash wasn't 'new' this packaging and speed were but flash wasn't so you can safely buy into it
2) massive order of magnitude difference. even if 1 wasn't as rosey as it was in this case, the performance difference warrants the spend.

a slightly faster CPU, not worth it. the felt difference is negligible between the cpu/ram i have because i spent a lot of GOOD money getting 1.5TB worth of the fastest possible hardware to accelerate the slowest means of communication within the system.

if i go buy a brand new ryzen, i won't feel any difference unless i'm trying to push 4K resolutions at high levels of detail. do a forum search for my name and monitors, you'll notice like 5-6 months ago i purposely bought an 'old' 1080p 144hz monitor.

why? because i can use inexpensive formerly top tier hardware, over clock it, and run the few games i play at 144hz. also the first thing i do regardless of how great my hardware is is turn everything off so my FPS is as consistent as possible so my games all look 'like ****' anyway ... but i thought most gamers did that ...

thankfully though according to you i'm poor which is a good thing else i might be throwing money away.

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
199 - 05-23-2017, 18:43
y so emo tho

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
200 - 05-23-2017, 18:54
dood so emo b/c he slams 4 islam

don't worry about it he is currently being reported to DHS, MCSE, ABS, STC, IRS, and Disney

Page 10 of 11

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page AMD 1800X **** smashing "all" the Intel 5960X records.

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
alex dare levert , alex knapik-levert