Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
222 - 04-29-2017, 14:08

dubsack
VeteranXV
Old
223 - 04-29-2017, 16:26
Definitely going to pick up a few copies.

The Magical Zoo
VeteranXV
Old
224 - 04-29-2017, 18:22
I don't like the McDowell pick. Since when do the Seahawks take players that don't play hard?

The CB from Central Florida better be good. There were so many that if they chose the wrong guy, it's a huge fail.

Same for the LSU OL. He needs to be a solid starter.

3 safeties is excessive considering there isn't a starter role available and we signed a starter from Tampa Bay. They were more picks for the future, but winning now is better.

It seemed like a crucial year for the Seahawks to draft well. I'll let it play out obv, but I don't like it right now.

cheezit
VeteranXX
Old
225 - 04-29-2017, 19:54
Lions hit a need on every pick. Pretty sure they'll end up with 2 starting LB and an upgrade at CB2 out of this draft class starting pretty early. Pretty happy with this offseason as a whole but still worried about the DL.

The Magical Zoo
VeteranXV
Old
226 - 04-29-2017, 21:05
Quote:
Pac-12 drafts by team:

Utah - 8
USC - 5
UCLA - 5
Washington - 5
Colorado - 4
Caliiforniia - 3
Stanford - 2
Oregon St - 2
Worshington St - 1
Arizona St - 1
Oregon - L0L
Arizona - L0L
Utah with 8, hmm. Underachievers?
UCLA has more draft picks than wins sorry Cancer

Last edited by The Magical Zoo; 04-29-2017 at 23:16..
HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
227 - 04-30-2017, 00:29
oregon w/ zero seems crazy

but i don't get pac12 network

Dutch
VeteranXX
Old
228 - 04-30-2017, 07:55
yeah thats weird

i was confused seeing CU guys get drafted

cancer
VeteranXX
Old
229 - 04-30-2017, 10:57
i liked what i've seen of takk mckinley but damn not sure if he's worth all those draft picks
huge gamble like julio

dubsack
VeteranXV
Old
230 - 04-30-2017, 11:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magical Zoo View Post
I don't like the McDowell pick. Since when do the Seahawks take players that don't play hard?

The CB from Central Florida better be good. There were so many that if they chose the wrong guy, it's a huge fail.

Same for the LSU OL. He needs to be a solid starter.

3 safeties is excessive considering there isn't a starter role available and we signed a starter from Tampa Bay. They were more picks for the future, but winning now is better.

It seemed like a crucial year for the Seahawks to draft well. I'll let it play out obv, but I don't like it right now.

If you look at McDowell's upside as Calais Campbell (which is the comparison PC used) not hard to see why they liked him. He definitely has some motivation issues, but with a locker room like Seattle and a position group like they have, I don't think it will be a problem.

DB was arguably the biggest need, even bigger than OL. I am not a draft guru and don't follow college football so closely to know all the ins and outs, but all of the DBs Seattle selected are right in their wheelhouse. One of the safeties for sure will be competing at CB, so they drafted two CBs and two S. After watching how last year ended at the position (signing Jeron Johnson off the street) the team definitely needed a huge infusion of young talent. Also have to realize Seattle is now playing nickel D something along the lines of 70% of their snaps, so they have been looking for that big nickel safety/LB hybrid. On top of that, Earl coming off injury and Kam hasn't been the epitome of health (and contract coming up). So wouldn't surprise me to see a few of these guys get significant snaps.

Pocic has the ability to play all 5 positions most likely, and didn't allow a sack or QB hit in 2016, and was very good by those same metrics in 2015. And to be fair, there wasn't a sure fire hit at any of the spots Seattle was drafting.

Not saying this draft is amazing by any stretch, but this is the best I have felt about a draft since 2012 in terms of getting impact players who have a chance to get on the field right away.

Seattle went heavy on offense last year, they needed to reload on defense. Like you said, let it play out but definitely liking the direction they went.

Last edited by dubsack; 04-30-2017 at 11:48..
HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
231 - 04-30-2017, 12:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
yeah thats weird

i was confused seeing CU guys get drafted
CU is CU, but their secondary had a couple nice pieces that translate well to nfl schemes

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
232 - 04-30-2017, 12:53
Chad Kelly. Denver. Redeems the family name or relives the horrors of Jim? Or bombs completely?

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
233 - 04-30-2017, 13:33
it's not possible for him to relive the horrors of jim. the broncos aren't the longest burning dumpster fire in pro sports

HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
234 - 05-11-2017, 12:16
Quote:
USA Today's Tom Pelissero reports the NFL has denied suspended WR Josh Gordon's petition for reinstatement.

Welp. Gordon applied for reinstatement in early March, but his efforts have been denied, and he can try again this fall, according to Pelissero. Gordon just turned 26 less than a month ago, but it's becoming harder by the day to imagine him ever being the player he was before the suspensions started rolling in. Gordon hasn't appeared in a regular season game since back in 2014.

Lord Elessar
or something³
Contributor
Old
235 - 05-11-2017, 13:29
Must have failed another test. Didn't he just do rehab?

MadHatSam
VeteranX
Old
236 - 05-11-2017, 14:06
Just let the kid smoke weed and catch deep bombs for ****s sake.

NightTrain
VeteranXX
Old
237 - 05-17-2017, 08:06
Quote:
When the Bears traded up one pick to the No. 2 selection to draft UNC quarterback Mitchell Trubisky, most analysts imploded. Chicago the joke of the first round.

According to CSN Chicago’s John Mullin, general manager Ryan Pace may end up having the last laugh.

Mullin spoke with two AFC scouts about their grade for Trubisky. Their response should have all Bears fans giddy.

Two AFC scouts revealed that they had the highest grade on Trubisky that they’d had on any quarterback over the past six years. That means: higher than Jameis Winston; higher than Marcus Mariota; higher than Cam Newton; higher than Russell Wilson; higher than Andrew Luck; higher than Derek Carr; higher than Carson Wentz.

It didn’t stop there, either.

Trubisky was described as an almost perfect quarterback by an NFC team, according to Mullin. That same team suggested that Trubisky would have been a slam dunk No.1 overall pick had he had another season of experience under his belt.

If the scouts’ assessments are accurate, the Bears suddenly look like the team that stole a star away from the rest of the NFL.

Like all things football, the debate will be settled on the field.
Mitchell Trubisky had higher NFL Draft grade than Jameis Winston, Andrew Luck | Bears Wire

n3gative
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
238 - 05-17-2017, 08:55
damn, 2 scouts really liked him!?!

NightTrain
VeteranXX
Old
239 - 05-17-2017, 09:07
Quote:
It didn’t stop there, either.
And one NFC team!

TrojanMan421
VeteranXX
Old
240 - 05-17-2017, 09:32
Bears have the homerist media of any NFL team.

Page 12 of 18

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [NFL] 2017 Offseason & Draft

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
alex dare levert , alex knapik-levert