Do you support the minimum wage hike to $15 an hour? by |R|u|s|t|y| - Page 11 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Do you support the minimum wage hike to $15 an hour?
Page 11 of 36
View Poll Results: Do you?
Yes 40 27.97%
No 103 72.03%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Zanthious
Tribalwar Admin
Old
201 - 04-03-2016, 18:20
people don't understand that the people making 15 now will want 20-25 to adjust for 15 being the min wage. This will Raise ALOT of costs or have companies just move jobs elsewhere but whatever, what do i know its already been done over and over and people just ignore it. This is just 1 minor change that will **** everything up. Besides if you need 15/hr to live then you are a consumer whore.

Sponsored Links
coombz
VeteranXX
Old
202 - 04-03-2016, 18:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
yeah no it isnt
uhhh

yes it is - definitely something Snowman anyway

and didn't he used to be WenDel?

you guys have **** memories

Dutch
VeteranXX
Old
203 - 04-03-2016, 18:24
all different people

wtf is wrong with you

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
204 - 04-03-2016, 18:25
It's like people are incapable of learning from provable bad ideas

Seattle Learns A Painful Minimum-Wage Lesson

meh.....if we can't learn from Chicongo on Guns

San Fran on dealing with homeless population

Washington DC on how to pay murderers to not murder people

Why should anything be learned from $5 egg mcmuffins in Seattle now (not at SEATAC)

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
205 - 04-03-2016, 18:27
Quote:
all different people

wtf is wrong with you
****ing dumb...and dishonest

Quote:
Originally Posted by epidemic
I'm not the snowman with numbers in his name you played with, not even close.

I'm the snowman, with numbers in his name, because 'snowman' was taken at the time of registry.

That one snowman, with numbers in his name, that you once played with, hasn't posted on TribalWar since the beginning of time.
http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/arch...12608-p-4.html

a winning combo

SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
206 - 04-03-2016, 18:31
Only big business can 'afford' this...
they are buying more control

Dutch
VeteranXX
Old
207 - 04-03-2016, 18:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tele View Post
****ing dumb...and dishonest

http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/arch...12608-p-4.html

a winning combo
lol you cant read

KingSobieski
VeteranXX
Old
208 - 04-03-2016, 18:34
Who cares about 15 an hour. This does not concern dragons.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Phantred
VeteranXV
Old
209 - 04-03-2016, 18:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanthious View Post
people don't understand that the people making 15 now will want 20-25 to adjust for 15 being the min wage. This will Raise ALOT of costs or have companies just move jobs elsewhere but whatever, what do i know its already been done over and over and people just ignore it. This is just 1 minor change that will **** everything up. Besides if you need 15/hr to live then you are a consumer whore.
Oh god, this reeks of that stupid chain mail going around about ems workers making 15 bucks an hour... and how dare a burger flipper want as much as a guy saving lives!!!

Maybe an ems worked does deserve more than $15 an hour, but no worries, he won't even fight for it... he'll spend half his time ****ting on burger flippers and the other half buying into this **** sandwich his employer feeds him about how he'd like to pay him more... but we can barely stay afloat with these illegal immigrants weighing us down!(pockets another billion in net profit, pays $25,000 in fines for filing 180 million in fraudulent medicare claims).

Yup, our problem is definitely these whiny burger flippers

KingSobieski
VeteranXX
Old
210 - 04-03-2016, 18:43
I just want a president that will **** congress all up weight. Itll be hilarious. Trump running is the most hilarious troll in all history.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

epidemic
VeteranXX
Old
211 - 04-03-2016, 18:48
im dumb as fuk but at least i admit it

unlike some ppl *cough*pagy*cough*

i cant believe u cold hearted ppl

u fuking believe these ppl working minimum wage jobs dont even deserve the ability to buy their own groceries at the end of the work week

that you'd rather your tax dollars feed them instead of the corporations paying wat they owe

its mind bottling

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
212 - 04-03-2016, 19:10
There's cold hearted and then there's practical. Less than 4% of Americans work minimum wage jobs. The real demand for minimum wage increases doesn't come from those people, it comes from the unemployed and the lesser employed middle class workers. The unemployed refuse to take a minimum wage job, seeing it as beneath them, but act like they would if the minimum was a more respectable wage. The lesser employed see it as a potential boost to their own salaries because why shouldn't it be higher in comparison to the minimum?

Regardless, companies don't exist to provide you with a job. They exist to make the most amount of money for the fewest number of people possible. If they could make $100M a year with one employee, they would not hire 10 more just because. To most companies, an employee is a series of numbers on a spreadsheet. They will keep you on until you become too expensive for your perceived value. That's it. You are only worth what you can convince them you're worth, and even then there's a line at which you are no longer worthy of keeping.

We gave out too many gold stars, too many participation trophies. Now everyone expects praise. They expect a reward for simply doing their job, whether they did it well or not. They expect raises without asking for one, promotions without effort. They never stop to think that they don't really exist, they're just that 9 digit code in HR that matches Salary Level I. People need to either learn to be happy that they have no tangible value, or make themselves indispensable by obtaining rare skills. Otherwise start your own business or learn how to network well enough to get paid obscene amounts of money convincing like-minded managers that you can get actual workers to get something done (and pass the blame onto them when they don't of course).

ZooL
VeteranXX
Old
213 - 04-03-2016, 19:19
I voted for The wage increase.

I gave the Leftist (delusional ones) what they wanted. This vote just represents the rapid deployment of non human labor techniques and supply chain short cuts.

If you thought that the ACTUAL employment numbers are bad now... please wait...please wait..you had better start learning to grow your own food. When others come to your garden because they are hungry will you feed them.

Will you let them hurt you when they try to take your garden?

The government will come and take your food.

Rome is now.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
214 - 04-03-2016, 19:40
If we had kept minimum wage up with profits from the 60s to now, it'd be around 15, so **** corporate America

And **** you TOO

...internet person

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
215 - 04-03-2016, 19:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by epidemic View Post
im dumb as fuk but at least i admit it

unlike some ppl *cough*pagy*cough*

i cant believe u cold hearted ppl

u fuking believe these ppl working minimum wage jobs dont even deserve the ability to buy their own groceries at the end of the work week

that you'd rather your tax dollars feed them instead of the corporations paying wat they owe

its mind bottling
cold hearted....lol

meanwhile you don't have two nickles to rub together

probably have ten kids u don't pay for

and can't hold a job longer than you can your tacos

your generation and idols explained

'Bankrupt' 50 Cent Ordered to Explain Instagram Photos

Kanye West’s $53 Million Debt, Explained

It a hard knock life yo

they just need a living wage

keep them spinners spinning nahh mean

Ixiterra
VeteranXV
Old
216 - 04-03-2016, 20:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tele View Post
It's like people are incapable of learning from provable bad ideas

Seattle Learns A Painful Minimum-Wage Lesson
So the article just draws its own conclusion from zero evidence. Solid reporting. Even if you follow the link to the Seattle magazine article, none of the restaurants that closed actually had anything to do with the minimum wage hike.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1.../p2p-83073216/

Quote:
Here's the rundown. Of the seven restaurants specifically mentioned in Seattle Magazine's March 4 post, one was reported by its owner to be located in the wrong neighborhood for its particular mix of bar space and atmosphere. Another is being offloaded by an owner who has three other restaurants in the city and is opening two more. (A neighboring restaurant is expanding into its space.) A third turned out to be too big for the clientele at its location. Three aren't closing at all, but are getting new chefs because their old boss is moving to Spain to join his partner.

How many owners cited the minimum wage as a factor in their actions? None.
Try again?

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
217 - 04-03-2016, 20:06
i think you're expecting just a leeeeettle too much Ixiterra

let him stick to what he's good at

Zanthious
Tribalwar Admin
Old
218 - 04-03-2016, 20:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantred View Post
Oh god, this reeks of that stupid chain mail going around about ems workers making 15 bucks an hour... and how dare a burger flipper want as much as a guy saving lives!!!

Maybe an ems worked does deserve more than $15 an hour, but no worries, he won't even fight for it... he'll spend half his time ****ting on burger flippers and the other half buying into this **** sandwich his employer feeds him about how he'd like to pay him more... but we can barely stay afloat with these illegal immigrants weighing us down!(pockets another billion in net profit, pays $25,000 in fines for filing 180 million in fraudulent medicare claims).

Yup, our problem is definitely these whiny burger flippers
No instead everyone is conveniently ignoring/No Bringing up Small Business who will not be able to hire anyone because the profits arnt there yet and prolly will never be there to pay 15/hr for someone to answer the ****ing phone and help customers. I know its hard. Its not 15/hr hard..

bam
VeteranXV
Old
219 - 04-03-2016, 20:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBuddha View Post
I don't think people realize how many people make less than $15 an hour. It's not just fast food workers. Most laborers make $10-15 an hour, from plumbing to carpentry. That Carpenter that has his own company and 5 employees, he probably has to find a way to pay an extra $30 an hour in labor. No way that will translate to higher prices right?
The last time I got plumbing work done I was quoted between 70-100/hr. The trades, even if they are non-union, make a good living, but people lose sight of that and think the only way to make money is through a college degree.

Quote:
yeah no it isnt
Yeah... It is.

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
220 - 04-03-2016, 20:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixiterra View Post
So the article just draws its own conclusion from zero evidence. Solid reporting. Even if you follow the link to the Seattle magazine article, none of the restaurants that closed actually had anything to do with the minimum wage hike.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1.../p2p-83073216/

Try again?
Which source would you like exactly?

A syndicated news source like Forbes?

Seattle Will Hurt Local Economy With $15 An Hour Minimum

how about a think tank?

Want some Brookings Vs. Heritage Institute diatribe?

how about an op-ed

Seattle Institutes $15 Minimum Wage***8212;11,000 FEWER Jobs/5,000 LOSE Jobs

There are thousands for you to pick from. Some pro....some con

Nothing is 100% good or bad.....obviously

It doesn't matter....we all believe what we want to believe in the end.

If we can't vanquish superstitions and religious zealotry with facts and reason then we certainly can't solve another idiots love and undying infatuation with statism either.

All the same triggering mechanisms.....anchoring devices......cognitive dissonances

And uhhh yeah....

I know as a business owner I would want to hire more people when MW goes up.

I'm pretty sure that's how they make more money.

And after you idots get your way with this. We simply see more automation......less jobs......higher costs of living (because someone is going to pay for all this **not just the businesses*)

We can move on to how people on fixed incomes....Social Security....the poor can't afford to live in the city anymore.

Sanders Files Bill to Strengthen, Expand Social Security

Rinse and repeat the idiocy forever. This dog will eventually catch its tail.

any day now.......for sure

Last edited by Captain Tele; 04-03-2016 at 20:34..
Page 11 of 36

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Do you support the minimum wage hike to $15 an hour?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
alex dare levert , alex levert